• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This recruiting class has me HYPE

Our secondary is going to be shut down - could be one of the best secondary classes to ever come through VT. Tookes and Manning are killer corners, add the possibility of Crawley and that alone is killer. Throw in Riley and it could get FIERCE. The LB Corp with DVD and Clarke is fantastic and don't sleep on McKinnon!

We need to get some big uglies to plug some holes and this is going to be a GREAT class!

Yeah, I love the way this recruiting class is shaping up.

Have any of you guys ever been to virginiatechfan.com? It's kind of like a blog with news pieces, but they have a guy that always gives his analysis every time we get a verbal. He analyzes the film, gives his thoughts on the player and how he sees them fitting at VT, talks about his thoughts on the class to date, and answers questions. Seems to be a very knowledgeable guy, and it's FREE.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, I love the way this recruiting class is shaping up.

Have any of you guys ever been to virginiatechfan.com? It's kind of like a blog with news pieces, but they have a guy that always gives his analysis every time we get a verbal. He analyzes the film, gives his thoughts on the player and how he sees them fitting at VT, talks about his thoughts on the class to date, and answers questions. Seems to be a very knowledgeable guy, and it's FREE.
Yes I have been there a few times, I found him on twitter and then got into his website. It is a great tool

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I have been there a few times, I found him on twitter and then got into his website. It is a great tool

LOL, just checked and he hasn't gotten anything up on DVD yet. Regardless, I like the site.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL, just checked and he hasn't gotten anything up on DVD yet. Regardless, I like the site.
Sign up to receive updates and you will get an email when he posts something new...

BTW just posted a DVD video I found on youtube on the other thread...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We honestly need a pinned thread with links to other good free hokie sites! thoughts???

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think we take 1 more, however we could take 2 more depending on if Blue commits first. If Blue commits, we will leave spots available for Edmunds, however if Edmunds commits first, I could see the coaches shutting down the LB recruiting.

Thats pretty much what i was thinking, I really want edmunds in this LB class, as i see him as the only Mike we are after.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thats pretty much what i was thinking, I really want edmunds in this LB class, as i see him as the only Mike we are after.
Yea Edmonds looks great and would fit the mold perfectly, I think that Blue would also be a very good LB for the Hokies! How do you see the rest of the recruiting shaking up?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This recruiting class has me HYPE

Our secondary is going to be shut down - could be one of the best secondary classes to ever come through VT. Tookes and Manning are killer corners, add the possibility of Crawley and that alone is killer. Throw in Riley and it could get FIERCE. The LB Corp with DVD and Clarke is fantastic and don't sleep on McKinnon!

We need to get some big uglies to plug some holes and this is going to be a GREAT class!

Dont only think about this recruiting class, but also the guys we landed last year. Throw guys like jarrett,farrow,RVD, and Aromire into that mix and our defensive secondary is down right scary!!! Marshall, Harley, and Jarontay are all 4*'s + whoever we add between now and FEB. Honestly even though we missed out big time last year @ LB, if we can land an inside LB in this class i will feel really good about our depth at LB. <------------IMO our D is going to be loaded for years to come, especially when you consider all the guys that are entering the soph year or younger.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dont only think about this recruiting class, but also the guys we landed last year. Throw guys like jarrett,farrow,RVD, and Aromire into that mix and our defensive secondary is down right scary!!! Marshall, Harley, and Jarontay are all 4*'s + whoever we add between now and FEB. Honestly even though we missed out big time last year @ LB, if we can land an inside LB in this class i will feel really good about our depth at LB. <------------IMO our D is going to be loaded for years to come, especially when you consider all the guys that are entering the soph year or younger.
We should also have some big recruits coming in next year that we have already offered...Have we ever had a D loaded like this off of 2 years of recruiting?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not for a while IMO but this is exactly what we need, there should be tons of competition in practice and such.

as far as how recruiting shakes out, off the top of my head and without looking at the numbers. I say we take
1more RB
2-3 WR's depending on who commits when
Done for the year @ TE imo, unless we strike out on a bunch of OL
HOPE for at least 2 more OL
4-6 more on the defensive front, again depending on who commits when
1more LB
I think we are done @ DB unless crawley wants to jump into the mix

Again thats without looking at the numbers or our offer list.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
-46 or anyone else, how do you see recruiting shaking out for the rest of the class?

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I will set that up in the morning. Good idea.

FWIW it doesnt just have to be VT sites, there are a couple of tenn, USC-e, and unc sites that have some pretty decent free info. You just got to read through all the I :heart butch shit on the uNCsites.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-46, how do you see recruiting shaking out for the rest of the class?

If we get Caleb, Kirven and Smith, which I expect, that leaves 9-10 more openings.

I would like to see us add one more running back (Harris), one more receiver, and two more linemen (potentially greyshirting a third).

That leaves 4-5 spots on D. One more linebacker would be ideal. In addition, I would like to see us nab Crawley as we lost two cornerbacks to transfers this year. That leaves 3 spots. Use them on defensive linemen and maybe one more linebacker.

That would leave it as:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
3 OL

5 DL
4 LB
3 CB
3 S

2 open spots (OL, DL or LB)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IMO there are a lot of guys on the DL that would be hard to turn away. I wonder if the numbers get tight if there is any chance they would ask Bruce Smith to pay Alstons first semester, in order to "tweak" the numbers.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the us getting Caleb, Kirven, and Smith. I also like our chances with Crawley and Edmunds which should leave the rest of our defense recruiting for the DL (also like our chances with Wynn).

My biggest question is who we are going to get offensively. I think we'll get Caleb, but after that there is still a lot to shake out. I think we will either get Harris or Brown at RB, and I think we get 2-3 OLs that currently aren't on the list yet. It's going to be an interesting fall. Expecting a lot of offers to come out offensively on the line and possibly at RB if we miss out on our targets. A few sleeper prospects will probably get offers with a breakout senior season.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
if things dont work out with one of the other RB's we've already offered (which i think they will), i really like that Chavelle Atkins. 6ft 200 with a 4.4 40. I dont guess VT ever showed much interest but he looked like a hell of a RB to me.