• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah it looks to be the case. He wants to be a Sun Devil. Oh well. Peace out. He is a good quarterback, for sure but I want the guys who want to be Hokies the most. Too bad.
I am hearing he will be in AZ and it should be pretty soon before he lets everyone know that he is switching. I was hoping VT still had a shot but I agree, take those who really want to be at VT. I just hope he is making this decision and not his parents...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree with the idea of wanting kids for the football program who REALLY want to be Hokies. Maybe the idea of playing closer to home had an impact on Millweard's current decision...who knows. Good luck to him, and glad we landed Motley!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, i think its been stated that Motley gets his first shot at QB but i think he ultimately ends up at safety. I also agree on the chancellor comparison (in body type) but i'd think that Motley may be a little better in coverage and a step behind kam in run support. I guess WR isnt out of the question either, but havnt heard anything about that.

I also assume this puts us out of the race for Coney? and shuts down QB recruiting? Im guessing thats the case but i really wanted coney and thought we stood a decent chance to get him. Oh well though, If Millweard is the under the radar beast he seems to be and we can land hodges or someone comparable next year, thats some pretty solid QB depth. Not to mention that logan will still have 2 years remaining when this class lands on campus.
Don't forget quite a few people thought B. Randall would end up as a DB, too.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Latest rumor to hit the scene:
Marquise Williams is still debating about going to unc-cheaters and is currently being courted by vtech with NCSU making a late push to get back into the mix.

I would put ZERO faith in this rumor however I think it is funny :)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The parents want him closer to home. Is Tempe really that much closer than Blacksburg?

from what i gather.

tempe from fort worth 15hrs 1035miles

Blacksbur from fort worth 17hrs 1110

Damn 75miles and a couple hours make a big difference. FWIW i'd bet that time/travel has little to do with it. Sure that makes for a nice exuse but i doubt thats the real story.

IMO they sold, he bought, were screwed, the end. Just glad that we've got a 3 year starter and 2 decent back ups already in the system. I also assume this leaves us open to coney? and puts us in better shape for bucky next year.

FWIW we just lost what might have turned out to be a great ACC QB but he also may have turned out to be a bust. Im just glad for the facts that he didnt end up at another ACC school and that most likely we will never have to face him.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Latest rumor to hit the scene:
Marquise Williams is still debating about going to unc-cheaters and is currently being courted by vtech with NCSU making a late push to get back into the mix.

I would put ZERO faith in this rumor however I think it is funny :)

you never know CFB recruiting is crazy, just a couple days ago i heard this crazy rumor about how TJ millweard was going to decommit and go to ASU.

FWIW though MW would have a lot of obstacles in his way, the first and major one would be getting a release from UNC.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget quite a few people thought B. Randall would end up as a DB, too.

Welcome to the board. Are you the famous TAE that gets mentioned a bit at another Hokie board? Glad you found the place and hope you like it. We seem to be getting bigger by the day. It should be fun during the season!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, that was my thought as well 46. TAEDisonHokie, I tried to PM you but it wouldn't go through. I think I know you from a couple of other boards as well. I think you even e-mailed me a time or two. Glad you made your way over here. Oh, and turn your PMs on if you can. You may need to reach 50 posts first though, not sure. Maybe 46 can answer that.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for 46 and TAE, if he is who I think he is -- is there any truth to the rumor that the NCAA has opened a separate investigation on the UNC recruiting front?

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How do you guys feel about RB Todd Gurley??? he seems like he really wants to come to VT from his twitter account..has offers from auburn, clemson, Georgia, South Carolina etc. ..would that scare off Harris and Brown??

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked to the man's man, and TAE should be able to send and receive PMs now. Also check out something funny that I came across. I will post it in the UNC thread with a major assist from jerm who sent me to Gurley's twitter and therefore this little gem. :D

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome to the board. Are you the famous TAE that gets mentioned a bit at another Hokie board? Glad you found the place and hope you like it. We seem to be getting bigger by the day. It should be fun during the season!
"Famous"? Infamous, maybe! LOL!! Thanks for the kind words...looks like a great site!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha, that was my thought as well 46. TAEDisonHokie, I tried to PM you but it wouldn't go through. I think I know you from a couple of other boards as well. I think you even e-mailed me a time or two. Glad you made your way over here. Oh, and turn your PMs on if you can. You may need to reach 50 posts first though, not sure. Maybe 46 can answer that.
Didn't get the PM but I checked my options and I should be able to send and receive without any trouble. Look forward to talking with you!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Question for 46 and TAE, if he is who I think he is -- is there any truth to the rumor that the NCAA has opened a separate investigation on the UNC recruiting front?
There are rumors to that effect. The NCAA should have plenty of information along those lines based on the number of ACC head coaches who volunteered what they knew. I'm hoping they've solidified the links between John Blake and Robert Prunty, former head coach at Hargrave....if so, that'll be a real hoot! The media is still pressing for the records of Butch Davis' personal phone...the one with the 216 area code that he kept after leaving Cleveland. A number of 216 calls showed up on John Blake's records...think they might be from/to Butch? Oh, well...this is probably in the wrong thread so I'll stop now!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is official, TJ is a sun devil unless he changes his mind again...

This does not shock me at all. In fact when he committed I felt like this could happen. With vt making the first offer it probably made some others notice him or take a good look at his skills. I predict he will eventually end up with one of the Texas schools if Mack and Co., Or one of the Big 12 teams come knocking. Unfortunate for us but probably for the best. I certainly think this could help us with Hodges next year.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This does not shock me at all. In fact when he committed I felt like this could happen. With vt making the first offer it probably made some others notice him or take a good look at his skills. I predict he will eventually end up with one of the Texas schools if Mack and Co., Or one of the Big 12 teams come knocking. Unfortunate for us but probably for the best. I certainly think this could help us with Hodges next year.
I think we are in a good position right now with Hodges. From some sources that I have in the BBurg area, they are saying that with 3 years of training (senior HS year, Redshirt year, R-Fresh year) Motley could turn into a good QB. I don't know because I have never seen him play, but that could take the sting out a bit from losing TJ.

What really shocks me is that ASU took 2 pretty highly rated QBs last year, what would he want to go there and possibly sit his entire career?