• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get the PM but I checked my options and I should be able to send and receive without any trouble. Look forward to talking with you!

I just sent you another. And nice avatar, so nice I had it as my own a couple weeks ago. LOL

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
after the loss of Millweard, i'd like to retract my prediction that Motley ends up on D.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want to see some film of Motley. VTP, will you be going to any of the Christiansburg games this year?
I've been looking for videos of Motley, too...so far, no joy. But I did come across this article about Motley...looks like he's a very well-rounded athlete and strong competitor.

Christiansburg quarterback Motley to play for Virginia Tech
Christiansburg quarterback Motley to play for Virginia Tech - Roanoke.com

Here's an interesting couple of quotes toward the end of the article:

"'His playmaking ability and his athleticism and he’s a competitor,' Cromer said. "He’s deceptively fast with his length. The coach from Georgia Tech told me if Brenden lived in Atlanta he’d have gotten 20 offers.'"

....and....

"'We recognize his defensive ability. He’ll start at free safety for us again. He’ll be returning some punts too. There are some little things we want him to do better, but I think he has a chance to have a real special senior year.'"

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I watched him play last year. He ate us up with both his arm and legs, seemed more comfortable throwing on the run. <----I really dont remember much more than that (as i had no real reason to "key in on" motley), but i'll see him at least once this season.

not exactly motley's highlights but you can find a few of his plays if you scan the vids in the middle of the page:

Christiansburg High School - wdbj7.com

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Dowerey, a lineman candidate from Winchester committed to Penn State last night. We had not offered but he had a good chance. Even so, he had made it pretty clear that PSU was his dream school so...

Ty Darlington committed to Oklahoma.

Andre Miles-Redmond is not a Hoo lean.

:L
:L

I hope we send out a lot of offers after the July camp. We NEED big uglies.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much news in a while. When is the July camp? Any news expected out of that one? Thanks, I need a recruiting fix.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some updates:

Deontay McManus to West Virginia, not a huge shock, and he says he is 75% sure (then why commit??)...

LaMarlin Wiggins to USF, not a shock

Ken EKanem is huge now and has the Hokies as still a possibility. However, if here is one place we look good for a while it is defensive end, so if he wants in he better sign up quick. he is supposedly 6'4", 246lbs now.

We look good for DVD, Edmunds and Clarke. If we get all three, excellent!!!!

Kirven, Coleman and Caleb went to Oregon for some Nike camp thing, I think....

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some updates:

Deontay McManus to West Virginia, not a huge shock, and he says he is 75% sure (then why commit??)

I'm with Hite on that one, it seems like the kids just want the attention from committing and then flake out.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rumor has it - Clarke has named VT as his leader and is eying a decision soon...
Yep...Deon Clarke's from Bird High School in Chesterfield, VA. He's a 4-star Rivals Top 250 player ranked at #142 nationally, and #14 by his position of outside linebacker. He's our second Rivals Top 250 defensive player to go along with Jarontay Jones who is ranked #192 nationally, and #16 by his position of strongside DE.