• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals has posted that it is Motley. Thought I'd be first to the punch. Oh well, always good to score one over the Hoos, although GT was our biggest competition in this battle. Like I mentioned earlier, I will see Motley play early in the season. I'll do my best to post pics and comments.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ive seen him play alot last year...he's very impressive...throws a pretty ball and also a hell of a safety...i think he'll play safety by the time he leaves tech....kinda like kam chancellor started as a qb and ended up at safety... 6'3" safety w speed is nice....he covers alot of ground...glad hes a hokie!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ive seen him play alot last year...he's very impressive...throws a pretty ball and also a hell of a safety...i think he'll play safety by the time he leaves tech....kinda like kam chancellor started as a qb and ended up at safety... 6'3" safety w speed is nice....he covers alot of ground...glad hes a hokie!

I agree, i think its been stated that Motley gets his first shot at QB but i think he ultimately ends up at safety. I also agree on the chancellor comparison (in body type) but i'd think that Motley may be a little better in coverage and a step behind kam in run support. I guess WR isnt out of the question either, but havnt heard anything about that.

I also assume this puts us out of the race for Coney? and shuts down QB recruiting? Im guessing thats the case but i really wanted coney and thought we stood a decent chance to get him. Oh well though, If Millweard is the under the radar beast he seems to be and we can land hodges or someone comparable next year, thats some pretty solid QB depth. Not to mention that logan will still have 2 years remaining when this class lands on campus.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
coney is probably out of the picture for hokies...i saw on twitter that cincinatti is leading for him (no idea why cinc.)....also heard that we are leading for Deon Clarke and Trey Edmunds! that would be two HUGE needs for tech...love the way this class is shaping up!

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
coney is probably out of the picture for hokies...i saw on twitter that cincinatti is leading for him (no idea why cinc.)....also heard that we are leading for Deon Clarke and Trey Edmunds! that would be two HUGE needs for tech...love the way this class is shaping up!

Apparently he likes playing on a field that gets torn up by all of the students. :noidea:

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holey crap! I just saw the view count for this thread, I wonder what the unique view count is.

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow......

We are looking pretty good but he is a bit quiet and will feel out and weigh out all of his options.

I am not sure if we realize what type of athlete Trey is. It really puts it into perspective when you see the numbers in the attached links. He is very close to Demitri Knowles speed. He has ran a 10.8 100m and a 22.0 200m this year. I would love to have this speed at linebacker.

Virginia High School Full 100m Results

Virginia High School Full 200m Results

Last edited by a moderator:

Obrian84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not sure if we realize what type of athlete Trey is. It really puts it into perspective when you see the numbers in the attached links. He is very close to Demitri Knowles speed. He has ran a 10.8 100m and a 22.0 200m this year. I would love to have this speed at linebacker.

Forgot to add that he is faster (maybe not quicker) than Joel Coleman and everyone has seen his videos. He has also recorded faster times than Tookes and teammate Josh Holsey. He would be the fastest of all of our recruits this year if we were to get him. Kinda crazy at the linebacker spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add that he is faster (maybe not quicker) than Joel Coleman and everyone has seen his videos. He has also recorded faster times than Tookes and teammate Josh Holsey. He would be the fastest of all of our recruits this year if we were to get him. Kinda crazy at the linebacker spot.

Wow. That's some serious jets right there.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I realize it. That is what every time that I hear we are about toget a new committ, he is at the top of my hopeist. His speed in a Bud Foster attack scheme has Xavier Adibi written all over it. If Edmunds comes to Blacksburg, I will smile for a week. I love that kid and he is probably the recruit on the board that I am most anxious to decide, even more so than Caleb or Kirven.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is a lot of chatter going around about TJ rethinking his commitment to VT. I would be careful what I read into this though. A lot of Hokie fans that like to pay money to seem like they are cooler or more in the know about high school football prospects have a chicken little attitude about all things Hokies. I will keep my ears open however. Just remember, the more exclusive the message board, the more they buy into their own drama. Except this message board of course.....
Starting to hear some runblimgs my way about this....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I realize it. That is what every time that I hear we are about toget a new committ, he is at the top of my hopeist. His speed in a Bud Foster attack scheme has Xavier Adibi written all over it. If Edmunds comes to Blacksburg, I will smile for a week. I love that kid and he is probably the recruit on the board that I am most anxious to decide, even more so than Caleb or Kirven.

At this point UVA and Carolina may be our biggest competition for Edmunds. Looks like Prunty at TTech is on board with an offer too. He has some impressive numbers for a LB prospect. Add some weight and he could be a beast. If he played at the AAA class he would likely be even higher ranked...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Millweard thing appears to have teeth, but I want to see something definitive. A bunch of chatter from the chicken little crowd is all it is at this point. He may be reconsidering or he may be just making sure. He did go to ASU recently I think, so we will see. O'Cain is his recruiter and position coach so that may help some.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing from pretty reliable sources now that TJ is no longer a verbal. I wouldn't say that means we are out of the running, but it makes me a little more thankful we got Motley.