• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've got 12 commits so far, 2 of them from Georgia (oddly, UGA never offered either). I think Jarontay Jones will be a beast. I don't really know anything about Tookes (DB), but with VT's history with DB's, I'm sure he'll produce.

Is there any reason UGA didn't offer Jarontay? He seems like a stud and has great offers from other SEC schools like Florida, USC-e, and Auburn. Is DE not a position of need or do you guys just have other targets?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Looks like GT just got a QB commit from FLA, does that sway Motley to VT?

everything that i've heard is that unless something major happens when he visits GT, motley will be staying home. I've got a friend who works with one of his family members. From what he has said, motley really likes the idea of spending the next few years in ATL, but his family really wants him close to home. His cousin is 95% sure that motley end up @ VT.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll get a chance to see Motley early in the season. I'll try to post a few pics and give you all my thoughts (whatever that is worth)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motley seems to be a very legit football player as well as an exceptional baller. It would surprise me if he didn't commit sooner rather than later. I tend to think DVD may close to a lock with our future needs at LB. With BUD already recruiting RVD..I think we should get him. Hopefully Bud can pull Ekanem as well, he is starting to pile up the offers.

Virginiapreps.com just released its revised rankings for 2012

Yahoo Sports: Rivals.com Ranking - VirginiaPreps Class of 2012 Top 25 Football Prospects

I see Alston Smith has cracked the top 25. I think we need to get a couple of these top ten guys in Virginia (Caleb, Harold, Ekanem, Kirven, Clarke, Edmunds). Anyone have any news on any of these guys leaning towards VT? I have heard Harold probably will go south and that Kirven may be a good possibilty to land in Blacksburg. Looks like it is slim pickins on the OLINe in VA this year outside of Homer. I sure hope we can get some decent ones from OOS.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
any idea why we haven't offered Jackson Matteo of Broad RUN??? he's 6' 5" 276 OT...#25 on rivals top 25 in the state...if we offered it would by far be his best offer...anyone heard anything about him??

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Miles-Redmond to decide soon...Offer list between UVA, VT and NC State. Any ideas?

I think that we are in good shape for him. We have the most opportunity for early playing time. If not us, I think that he ends up at NC State. I just do not think that he is into UVA. I really hope we get this kid.

Also, how about Desmond Frye blowing up a little, #15 in the most recent super preps Virginia list. His film kind of reminds me of Theron Norman. I agree that DVD ends up at VT as well, BTW.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think that we are in good shape for him. We have the most opportunity for early playing time. If not us, I think that he ends up at NC State. I just do not think that he is into UVA. I really hope we get this kid.

Also, how about Desmond Frye blowing up a little, #15 in the most recent super preps Virginia list. His film kind of reminds me of Theron Norman. I agree that DVD ends up at VT as well, BTW.
Frye is blowing up and as a receiver as well. I think he will make the transition very well to receiver. He is already working at Receiver a little in his 7 on 7 and he has big strong hands and a good frame.

I have a feeling A M-R ends up at state unfortunately...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frye is blowing up and as a receiver as well. I think he will make the transition very well to receiver. He is already working at Receiver a little in his 7 on 7 and he has big strong hands and a good frame.

I have a feeling A M-R ends up at state unfortunately...

If he does we are royally fucked on the O-Line. We need o send a bunch of offer out after the July camp. Two guys in the last two years (three if you count Farris with last years class) We need some big nasties.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I also think we are in good shape with AMR but like 46 said if not we need to throw out some offfers after 7/9. FWIW i think that is the plan anyway, i like the fact that we want to see all our options before offering. Im guessing that we see about 10-12 offers after camp with about 3 being OL.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Found this funny:
Truthh4 Keith Marshall
seems like every top tier college football program does something to cheat or get around the rules... SMH

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of chatter going around about TJ rethinking his commitment to VT. I would be careful what I read into this though. A lot of Hokie fans that like to pay money to seem like they are cooler or more in the know about high school football prospects have a chicken little attitude about all things Hokies. I will keep my ears open however. Just remember, the more exclusive the message board, the more they buy into their own drama. Except this message board of course.....

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There is a lot of chatter going around about TJ rethinking his commitment to VT. I would be careful what I read into this though. A lot of Hokie fans that like to pay money to seem like they are cooler or more in the know about high school football prospects have a chicken little attitude about all things Hokies. I will keep my ears open however. Just remember, the more exclusive the message board, the more they buy into their own drama. Except this message board of course.....
All I am hearing is that this is a rumor, I am hearing he is very solid to VT...