• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im sold on milweard as a player and think he is a great addition to VT, but i will really be surprised if he gets a rivals 4*. Not doing the camp circut and the fact that he plays in a private league will hurt his chances. IMO if he does make the jump it will be at the very end of the season (prob during the last evaluation) when the scouts have a chance to review his film from the season.

FWIW: i think espn is putting a lot of emphasis on TJ's potential in their ranking, where rivals would prob like to have seen him at camps or at least had a lengthy video. From what i remember (no longer a member) there really wasnt all that much video of TJ, and since his commitment seems solid he prob isnt to worried about trying to bump his star rating.

darksideofthemoon73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
here is some of the guys that we actually have a chance for:

Jawand Blue - 5.7
Devin Vandyke - 5.7
K'Hadree Hooker - 5.7
Kwinton Smith - 5.7
Woody Baron - 5.6
Nigel Williams - 5.6
Courtnye Wynn - 5.6
Brenden Motley - 5.5
Alston Smith - 5.5
Andre Miles-Redmond - 5.5

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman was ranked the #3 all purpose back in the country as well.

If you were limited to 12-13 more, who of the remaining targets (that we have a chance with) would make up your "best case scenario" class?

Mine:

RB Drew Harris
WR Joel Caleb
WR Emanuel Lewis
WR Kwinton Smith
OL Andre Miles-Redmond
OL Greg Pyke
LB Trey Edmunds
LB Devin Vandyke
CB Kenneth Crawley
DE Courtnye Wynn
DE Ken Ekanem
DT Alston Smith
DT Korren Kirven

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sold on milweard as a player and think he is a great addition to VT, but i will really be surprised if he gets a rivals 4*. Not doing the camp circut and the fact that he plays in a private league will hurt his chances. IMO if he does make the jump it will be at the very end of the season (prob during the last evaluation) when the scouts have a chance to review his film from the season.

FWIW: i think espn is putting a lot of emphasis on TJ's potential in their ranking, where rivals would prob like to have seen him at camps or at least had a lengthy video. From what i remember (no longer a member) there really wasnt all that much video of TJ, and since his commitment seems solid he prob isnt to worried about trying to bump his star rating.

Pretty interestinmg Hunz, I just read your take on ESPN putting emphasis on the QB recruit and then I read this a couple of moment after...

• This may sound nuts, but T.J. Millweard (Fort Worth, Texas/All Saints Episcopal) is very, very similar to former Missouri QB and first-round NFL draft pick Blaine Gabbert. He has size, is a deceptive athlete who can run and has the arm to make all the throws with a powerful over-the-top release. Frank Beamer got a steal with this Virginia Tech commit.

Gunner Kiel, Jameis Winston, Connor Brewer lead Class of 2012 QBs - ESPN

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frye, Willenbrock and Riley are all 5.5 3*s.

This has to be based on offer sheets because Willenbrock is a mauler on the line and has fantastic video. Riley has one of the best interviews I have ever seen as well. He is vey heady and has good film as well. We will see how it pans out but I love all three of these guys and think hey are truly under the radar, and I am not just blowing smoke.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not exactly best case, but realistic scenario is:

QB/ATH Brenden Motley
RB Drew Harris
WR Joel Caleb
OL Andre Miles-Redmond
OL Greg Pyke
LB Trey Edmunds
LB Devin Vandyke
LB Deon Clarke
DE Courtnye Wynn
DT Woody Baron
DT Alston Smith
DT Korren Kirven

I think we have very good shots with Lewis and Smith at WR, likewise for Ekanem and Hamilton at DE, but I have a feeling the big guys may sway them elsewhere with some negative recruiting. We may be done with DB leaving Crawley out, but it depends on alot of things (where to play people like Frye, Greene, etc. and if players decommit). OL is still a mystery to me. I am doubting we get Pyke since we still haven't offered.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pretty interestinmg Hunz, I just read your take on ESPN putting emphasis on the QB recruit and then I read this a couple of moment after...

• This may sound nuts, but T.J. Millweard (Fort Worth, Texas/All Saints Episcopal) is very, very similar to former Missouri QB and first-round NFL draft pick Blaine Gabbert. He has size, is a deceptive athlete who can run and has the arm to make all the throws with a powerful over-the-top release. Frank Beamer got a steal with this Virginia Tech commit.

Gunner Kiel, Jameis Winston, Connor Brewer lead Class of 2012 QBs - ESPN

color me slow:think:but im not exactly sure what i said on espn.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went from reading this...

..to reading one of the ESPN analyst's take on Millweard.

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I can say is with the staff shakeups and a manageable sched I am smelling a stellar recruiting class on its way. Something this program has needed for a while. I think we are headed in the right direction finally.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Went from reading this...

..to reading one of the ESPN analyst's take on Millweard.

ok gotcha, sometimes i dont follow very well til after lunch.haha.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
All I can say is with the staff shakeups and a manageable sched I am smelling a stellar recruiting class on its way. Something this program has needed for a while. I think we are headed in the right direction finally.

i love the fact that cornell is already going head to head with some of the major recruiting powers in cfb. Even if he doesnt land either of the 5* DE's (hamilton and spence) the process should be a great learning experience for him heading into next year. Fwiw though, im starting to really like our chances with hamilton and it sounds like we are in good shape with spence also.