• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jeffgreer jeffgreer
Late-night Facebook confessions: West Boca LB Jawand Blue says he'll announce his choice between #Canes and #Hokies on @ESPN760 at 12:40.

I guess he's waiting to see if an LB who is supposed to verbal to Miami is going to flip. That will definitely open a slot for Blue.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jeffgreer jeffgreer
Late-night Facebook confessions: West Boca LB Jawand Blue says he'll announce his choice between #Canes and #Hokies on @ESPN760 at 12:40.

I guess he's waiting to see if an LB who is supposed to verbal to Miami is going to flip. That will definitely open a slot for Blue.

Northrup to announce at 9 A.M.....guess that commitment is pretty big to Hokie Nation as well!

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would suck to lose a commitment, no doubt. but if we do lose blue, life would go on. I havent watched any of his tape or anything and at this point, the coolest thing abot him is his name. but if he wants to go to miami and never see the postseason, then let him. honey badger dont care. id rather keep stanford than blue if i had to choose

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixin to go pop this 10mg Ambian so i can hopefully wake up in time to see some hopefully good news!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would suck to lose a commitment, no doubt. but if we do lose blue, life would go on. I havent watched any of his tape or anything and at this point, the coolest thing abot him is his name. but if he wants to go to miami and never see the postseason, then let him. honey badger dont care. id rather keep stanford than blue if i had to choose

Blue's got potential, but needs some technique refining. Hits to high, and tries to hard for the big hit, instead of wrapping up. Definitely has potential though. Haven't seen enough to determine how he is in pass coverage, so can't comment on that.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLUE AND KIRVEN A WASH?!?!?!!? i will not venture anywhere near that far. sounds to me like someone is just using this as a defensive mechanism to brace for bad news in the morning....

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Stanfrd than Kirven, and Blue and Kirven would be a wash for me.....

I'm with ya 46. Anybody else prefer those shorter 6'0 or 6'1 DT's in our 1-gap based defense? Seems like they just play with a lot better leverage and get better penetration. I like my DT's MEAN.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLUE AND KIRVEN A WASH?!?!?!!? i will not venture anywhere near that far. sounds to me like someone is just using this as a defensive mechanism to brace for bad news in the morning....

NO, I have had this discussion on here with others, well before now. he is a good DT, but I do not think he is the tyoe that thrives at VT. In addition, I like the guys we have now and are bringing in. Blue, like Kirven, comes in to a position where we have depth, so even though he is a great player (hits like a truck, fantastic film) his loss would not be as detrimental as WR or OL.

Kirven is good, but I am not sure about his fit with the Hokies.....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya 46. Anybody else prefer those shorter 6'0 or 6'1 DT's in our 1-gap based defense? Seems like they just play with a lot better leverage and get better penetration. I like my DT's MEAN.

This...one of the rubs on Kirven was his lack of a mean streak. Give me a Luther Maddy who plays like he wants to eat children (2 star or not) over a player who is highly ranked but not as mean. I see the meanness in the Baron, Smith and Williams film though. John Graves was another good example.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I....NEED....KIRVEN i hope he doesnt base his last minute decision off of how you guys are speaking of him on here.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't said anything bad about him, just that I am not sure he fits in our 4-4, one gap defense.

Now, you could make the argument that that D will not stand up against SEC type O Lines and we should change our approach....in which case Kirven would be a perfect fit....

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I....NEED....KIRVEN i hope he doesnt base his last minute decision off of how you guys are speaking of him on here.

I would love to have Kirven, just don't think it would be some big huge loss from a roster stand point that some make it out to be. Sucks worse losing on a kid from Brookville that was an almost VT lock earlier in the year, than it does actually losing Kirven's player potential IMO

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok yea thats true. brookville has been good for us, and i know that kirven's talent would be wasted at bama bc he wouldn't see the field much, if at all. would hate to see that.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys, I am going to bed. Evan and I will be tweeting. I have to write an abstract for a conference tomorrow but will have my eye over here and will try my best to answer questions. DM me on twitter, or you know....

Go to bed early, get up early!

HOKIES!!!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok yea thats true. brookville has been good for us, and i know that kirven's talent would be wasted at bama bc he wouldn't see the field much, if at all. would hate to see that.

Something that i cant remember hearing from him or anyone else, is his preference for a specific defense? 3-4 4-3 4-4? would he rather be an interior lineman at the college level or out on the ends?