• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alabama is also heavily recruiting 5-star DT Eddie Goldman out of DC, and 4-star Dalvin Tomlinson out of Georgia. Goldman may be an FSU lean, while Tomlinson is choosing between Bama, GT, and UGA.

5-star Edie Goldman Profile on the Rivals FREE side

4-star Dalvin Tomlinson Profile on the Rivals FREE side

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
EricKolenichRTD Eric Kolenich
On Wednesday, Joel Caleb's signing ceremony will be broadcast at timesdispatch.com at 8:20 a.m. he'll pick btwn #osu, #vt and #wvu

Eric Kolenich is the high school sports reporter for the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From today's live Big East/ACC chat...interesting...

11:21 Comment From Christian
Where do you see Caleb, Kirrven, and Ekanem going?

11:21 Mike Farrell:
Christian -- I see all going to Virginia Tech

More info...

11:33 Comment From Tommy H
I heard VT commit Jawand Blue now considering trip to Miami after a visit from Golden yesterday. Will he stay a VT verbal?

11:33 Chris Nee:
Tommy H- VT expects him on campus this weekend for his official visit. Miami made a late run, but doesn't look like a switch will occur.

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone know if Mornhinweg has arrived or is still arriving for his visit? Do we know if his Dad is along for the trip?

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bama will most likely accept Tomlinson's commitment and call it a day at DT.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the chat referenced above....

11:59 Comment From Coach
What do you guys think of the talents of Juwand Blue VT commit...

11:59 Chris Nee:
Coach- Blue tackles a bit high but is really physical. Real hard hitter. When he gets better from a technique standpoint expect him to be really solid...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ekanem is no longer being pursued by ND and Kirven is now down to VT,UT,and MD correct? I like our chances against UT. Could be a huge NSD for us this year.

And if we can keep Blue that would be very nice. LB is nice to have depth since they take a lot of beating.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't figure Maryland to be a big player with Kirven ... I was hoping that Tomlinson would bite :) ... and am glad that Bama appears to be out of that mix

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Ekanem is no longer being pursued by ND and Kirven is now down to VT,UT,and MD correct? I like our chances against UT. Could be a huge NSD for us this year.

And if we can keep Blue that would be very nice. LB is nice to have depth since they take a lot of beating.

Correct on Ekanem, but no MD for Kirven.

Yes...agreed on Blue. But, all bets are off if he gets an offer from Miami.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think MD would be a big contender but thought I heard they were on his final list.

Keep giving Foster some players and we will have our top defenses back in shape. A strong DL is key for that.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DavidTeelatDP David Teel
Blog updated with latest on #Hokies' pursuit of Skyler Mornhinweg. His dad was college teammate of Gators' OC. Hmmmm. Teel Time: Skyler Mornhinweg, son of Eagles' offensive coordinator, may visit Virginia Tech

QUOTE:

Here's an update on the Skyler Mornhinweg recruitment from early Friday afternoon:

Was unaware of this connection yesterday, but Skyler's father, Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, played with new Florida OC Brent Pease at the University of Montana in the 1980s.

So don't be surprised if Mornhinweg, who visited Florida last week, commits to the Gators and declines a visit to Virginia Tech.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
mattyports Matt Porter
Hard-hitting West Boca Raton LB Ja Wand Blue, a #VaTech commit, says #Canes coach Al Golden visited him today. #Hokies

Matt Porter is a Staff writer for the Palm Beach Post. Boston-bred. Cookout enthusiast. Tweets about South Florida sports, mainly high school and college football recruiting.

I responded to his tweet with the following question:

TAEdisonHokie TAEdisonHokie
@mattyports Did Blue tell you whether or not he got an offer from the Canes' London, or that he should expect one?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mattyports Matt Porter
Hard-hitting West Boca Raton LB Ja Wand Blue, a #VaTech commit, says #Canes coach Al Golden visited him today. #Hokies

Matt Porter is a Staff writer for the Palm Beach Post. Boston-bred. Cookout enthusiast. Tweets about South Florida sports, mainly high school and college football recruiting.

I responded to his tweet with the following question:

TAEdisonHokie TAEdisonHokie
@mattyports Did Blue tell you whether or not he got an offer from the Canes' London, or that he should expect one?

London??? Can't get UVA off your mind?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is officially the #1 priority for the 2013 class. Hope we can make a splash.