• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am completely in agreement with you that it isn't a terrible loss. However the reason is not because he isn't a 4-star. It's more along the lines you've stated 46, that we do have some expendable talent there.

Even so, 3 years from now we don't have Bruce, Tariq, Jack Tyler, Clarke, on roster. IMO, Chase Williams is never a starter. Then, we whiffed on every major LB recruit last year, so that leaves us with this years class. Three super talented LB's. You can expect that 1 out of those 3 won't pan out and/or has a severe injury.

Now do you see why we should not be saying we "don't give a shit" about this kid? The guy is ACC-starter material, and while we may not need him as a freshman he can redshirt and start at this level. I am aware that we have made some inroads on some prospects in next year's class but you rarely see Bud Foster start redshirt-freshman or true sophomores.

BTW... alot of major talent in FL goes under the radar. Our stuff has done well to evaluate and find studs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but disagree with you on Chase Williams. He was a R-freshamn this year and played a ton on special teams where he made some really nice hits. He was slated to be in the 2 deep as a true freshman before an injury stopped that.

He is a very smart player and a hard worker. Let's not quit on him just yet ;).

I also would not be shocked to see Nicolas, Alford or Taylor get a look at linebacker as well. Alford played it while prepping, and Nicolas and Taylor both have the speed and athleticism.

Still, losing a very good linebacker promise to a rival sucks. He still has to take his official this weekend though, so let's not jump the gun. I believe that his recruiter is Wiles, and that does not suck.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Right, that's the main reason I got worked up about it - the kid hasn't even de-committed and we are throwing him under the bus.

& my prediction for Chase has nothing to do with his play this year. I won't get into it, but let's just say I don't disagree with the hard worker part.... the first part though.. ehh. I won't get into defaming any of our current/future players EVER on any online medium, but if I could whisper something to you, I would haha.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PM man, PM....

And i agree with you 100% about throwing guys under the bus. i didn't attack Blue. I attacked Golden for being a douchebag. I like to think that I am a pretty level headed poster....when not live posting drunk during the ACC Championship game.....ha ha

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, that's the main reason I got worked up about it - the kid hasn't even de-committed and we are throwing him under the bus.

& my prediction for Chase has nothing to do with his play this year. I won't get into it, but let's just say I don't disagree with the hard worker part.... the first part though.. ehh. I won't get into defaming any of our current/future players EVER on any online medium, but if I could whisper something to you, I would haha.

Idk what you've heard/seen but i sure haven't. Bud Foster said last year that Williams was primed for some playing time as a T-Freshman before his groin injury.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
None of your posts rubbed me the wrong way, 46.

And to others that will read that last post, please don't take my take as a guarantee. If he gets it together the talent speaks for itself. That's not always the story though.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you read the article on him, you'd see why I'm already counting him out. There's no question about what he'll do if he gets the Miami offer and he basically sounded like he was begging for it to happen. VT was his pick because no FL school offered. You give that kid Donaldven Manning's offer list and we wouldn't have to worry about him de-committing because he never would have picked VT to start.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Miami already has 30 Verbals for this year and 3 LBs. Also, this is not new, there has been a possibility of this brewing for the past 2 months..

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miami already has 30 Verbals for this year and 3 LBs. Also, this is not new, there has been a possibility of this brewing for the past 2 months..

Yep...had him circled as uncertain quite a while ago. Bet the Tech staff did too.

I'm like most folks here...I'm only interested in recruiting, offering, and keeping the guys that really want to come to Tech and play on the football team. I'm just not interested in having the staff waste time at this point coddling a verbal who wants to be elsewhere. Offer someone else and move on. No problem.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I realize we're a distant long-shot, but I wonder if anyone on the Tech staff has contacted 5-star DE Darius Hamilton now that Sciano is heading to Tampa Bay? He visits Miami today.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was wondering about a call to hamilton myself -- last minute decommits, flopping, it's part of the game. if it were at any other position or player, i'd be more concerned. feel like we're in good shape for LB .. but it's nice to keep one foot in south florida too and current/former players from that area don't hurt that cause .. and i want kids who want to be here too .. it just kinda sucks for our coaching staff to work these kids for a year or longer just to lose them to a team like miami at the last second with probably very little effort .. but i'm sure that's why we don't hit florida as much as we used to -- there's no competing with geography

i'm glad manning's already enrolled .. but i'm sure they made a big play for him too .. he knew where it was at all along.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still is taking his visit this weekend. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Maybe meeting Bud Foster and Cornell Brown will settle him down.

Hamilton probably got a call, but I doubt he has interest. I am not sure that we were ever really a player for him.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
looks like Skyler Mornhinweg has committed to Florida....just per twitter at this point though.....

Still some confusion on Mornhinweg...

FreshMLK Fresh MLK
RT @StevenBench: RT @FightOnState83: QB Skyler Mornhinweg former #PSU commit has decided to attend UF.<--Can you confirm it @ZachAbolverdi?

Zach Abolverdi is the Recruiting Writer for The Gainesville Sun. He also assists with coverage of UF football and high school sports.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
saw your tweet about Kirven being down to Vols/VT TAE .. solid .. but they say Nick Satan was in Lynchburg last night??

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but they say Nick Satan was in Lynchburg last night??

True....although the visit may have been on Wednesday instead of Thursday...

justinabc13Justin Feldkamp
Roanoke times reports 'Bama coach Nick Saban was at Brookville HS Wed. trying to woo Korren Kirven. Signing day is wed feb 1