• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This should prob go to the 2013 thread but anyways I was watching my twitter feed going around and Brisley and Lockhart were having a conversation. Brisley really wants to go to FUMA apparently and asked Lockhart to get him in touch with them. He has mentioned many times he really wants to go to VT, is it feasible for him to come to VT if he preps or is JUCO more of an option?

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This should prob go to the 2013 thread but anyways I was watching my twitter feed going around and Brisley and Lockhart were having a conversation. Brisley really wants to go to FUMA apparently and asked Lockhart to get him in touch with them. He has mentioned many times he really wants to go to VT, is it feasible for him to come to VT if he preps or is JUCO more of an option?

did u see his other tweet to Lockhart?? if i translated it right, he told Lockhart to put him down w Miami :wacko:

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@CaneSport CaneSport
Wow Golden making sum bold moves - just visited LB committed 2 VT who now expects offer & will consider Canes. luv it! SportsHoopla.com/xSLv4f

Al Golden visiting a LB commit???...its gotta be Jawand Blue

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CaneSport CaneSport
Wow Golden making sum bold moves - just visited LB committed 2 VT who now expects offer & will consider Canes. luv it! SportsHoopla.com/xSLv4f

Al Golden visiting a LB commit???...its gotta be Jawand Blue

Yup, it's Blue alright. Should we be nervous?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
did u see his other tweet to Lockhart?? if i translated it right, he told Lockhart to put him down w Miami :wacko:

If nothing has changed, Lockhart is still dealing as of today with the NCAA Clearinghouse in hopes of gaining early entry to Miami. I still believe he will end up going the JUCO route because he couldn't qualify for Tech while he was attending FUMA. If he gets really lucky, he could eventually get accepted to Miami, but too late for early entry. We've had that happen a few times at Tech.

I have no clue at the current time what's going on with Brisley, but if I had to guess I'd say he's in worse academic shape than Lockhart.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'd say there's a good chance he de-commits if offered....nervous?? no....we're loaded at LB, him being the worst IMO...not the worst thing in the world

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if we were to lose one LB...it would only help w the 2013 LBs (Fisher,Rolin, O'daniel etc.) and thats a good bunch!

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF a linebacker decommits it will be Blue. The other four are ALL Hokie. TheDenny's night manager is starting to really piss me off though.

hahahahaha :rofl:

he really does look like a Denny's manager with his baggy button down shirt and tie. plus the haircut.

seriously though, it would suck to lose blue to miami just because they are our rival and we play them every year. blue will likely turn out to be a pretty good player, hopefully he sticks with us.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hahahahaha :rofl:

he really does look like a Denny's manager with his baggy button down shirt and tie. plus the haircut.

seriously though, it would suck to lose blue to miami just because they are our rival and we play them every year. blue will likely turn out to be a pretty good player, hopefully he sticks with us.

Agreed, I think Blue is wildly underrated. IMO, he will not turn out as the worst of the group.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't give a shit about Blue. Not 1 iota. He can be a Hokie or the next time he's in Blacksburg he'll be on the losing team while VT waxes Miami yet again.

LB class is loaded with talent and we're going to clean up next year as well. He won't be missed at all. He's at best #4 this year, depending on how much you like McKinnon. Not at all better than Clarke, Edmunds or DVD(the real deal here, folks).

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't give a shit about Blue. Not 1 iota. He can be a Hokie or the next time he's in Blacksburg he'll be on the losing team while VT waxes Miami yet again.

LB class is loaded with talent and we're going to clean up next year as well. He won't be missed at all. He's at best #4 this year, depending on how much you like McKinnon. Not at all better than Clarke, Edmunds or DVD(the real deal here, folks).

thats what i was basically trying to say lol...im a fan of Mckinnon

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything official on this yet. I mean the depth chart is loaded at LB right now with Clark and Williams as r-sophs, Tyler and Edwards and r-jrs, and at least four coming in this class.

He is good but I want guys who want to be here.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can dig it.... I just like Blue as a prospect more than Mckinnon. Higher ceiling, IMO.

But like you said, LB is one spot where we have wiggle room.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He doesn't have the offer yet. They're basically treating him as Plan B and/or leverage. They've got a 4* LB who is visiting Clemson and seriously considering a switch(Miami has 3-4 LBs, Clemson has 1). If this kid sticks I doubt Blue gets the offer but otherwise he probably will and will probably switch. Miami doesn't have the space to take both, I believe, they're almost full and the few spots left are for far more high-profile recruits.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see Chase Williams ever starting a down unless something catastrophic happens. And it's just the nature of the beast that some of these guys won't pan out. (See: Quillie Odom) And it's also the nature of the beast that some that do pan out will get injured.

And there is nothing official on Blue right now. For all we know he could end up staying. I wouldn't be shocked either way but we shouldn't pretend like this wouldn't be a loss.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Bruce fucking Taylor is going to be back next year. I know this doesn't really pertain to recruiting but it is fucking awesome regardless.

(apologies for my odd mood tonight, I am feeling especially HokieProud!! Some douche in my gym is wearing a Canes shirt)

HOKIES!!!!

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we shouldn't pretend like this wouldn't be a loss.

It really wouldn't, though. He's the 4th best LB of a 5-deep group, VT is loaded up on campus with LBs already and there's a bunch of 4* guys next year that look to be Hokies as well. If this were Clarke or Edmunds then I'd be really upset but Blue is just another commit to me.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing anyone that was tapped by the coaches for an offer, to a rival, is a loss no doubt. However, this was a position where we had a lot of guys so that dulls it a bit.

In addition you have to balance it with the fact that you want guys who are 100% in. We have reached a point as a program where we don have to beg and plead with recruits anymore and we shouldn't have to.

Is it a loss, sure if it happens. Is it a terrible loss, no, IMO.