• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George George was a Salem product. I know George VERY well and he is a big kitten. Not surprised at all that he isn't on scholly TAE.

Right. Thats who I was referring to in the post ^^^where I referred to a walk-on. Either way you slice it, good to see the local kids getting some VT love. Would like to see VT land Prince next year to keep it going.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ISDUpdate Irish Sports Daily
If you haven't heard yet, #NotreDame is no longer recruiting VA LB Ken Ekanem. This weekend's scheduled visit is off.

they're waving the white flag...we'll take it

We were the only other school he was considering this late correct?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dyer is not like George. Infact they are pretty much opposite haha

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerm do you know Adam Dyer too? Thats one of my really good friends. Went to Cave Spring. Who knows we may have partied together sometime.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Dooley/Jackson debate, let me first say I'm not a talent evaluator by any means. But I know a lot of high school coaches in the area that are much better at that sort of thing. I've talked to some coaches who played against Dooley and they told me they weren't impressed with him at all. They basically said he has all the measurables, but that doesn't mean squat if you can't do anything with it on the field. Again, I'm not passing judgment, just what I've been told by coaches.
I also have a good friend who coached Jackson and he told me he would be a beast. He described him as a "typical Notre Dame-type tight end." Said he would catch a lot of balls for VT.
Again, I've not seen either play, just passing along what I've been told by actual coaches.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ISDUpdate Irish Sports Daily
If you haven't heard yet, #NotreDame is no longer recruiting VA LB Ken Ekanem. This weekend's scheduled visit is off.

they're waving the white flag...we'll take it

:clap2::whoo::pound::dance:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Notre Dame full ??? I doubt that .. I'm sure they'd make room for him but word is they cooled on him quite a bit ago...Either way, it's a win for us and I think that he was headed our way anyhow.

One down, 2 to go

Dooley looks extremely thin to me on tape, but I'm far from an expert. As deep as we may end up being on DE, I'd rather he get a shot at TE, if his measurables are that good.

Anyone heard anything else about Mornhinweg ?? I just saw the tweet below :

Source: @ESPNdirocco
RT @derektysonespn: accor to @JShankerESPN, Skyler Mornhinweg's coach Gabe Infante says Mornhinweg "deadlocked" between #PSU #Gators and #VT

Is he taking an OV at VT this weekend? I'd have to think that our lack of depth at QB helps.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Notre Dame full ??? I doubt that ..

Saw that at least two different times on Twitter...the comment was made that they had turned away two recruits because they were full.

Don't know about the "cooled" bit...first time I saw that mentioned was today. Interesting coincidence, don't you think?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pretty mum .. Apparently, his parents couldn't make the trip to Rocky Top this week .. not sure if that's a good sign, bad sign

The fact that they were going there by themselves, after he visited, should tell you something.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think we get Kirven anymore. BIG weekend for us.

the guy that wants this site down, said yesterday that he feels good about landing kirven...said it on Kyle Bailey's sports talk show in Radford (the club house-super sports)

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dooley looks extremely thin to me on tape, but I'm far from an expert. As deep as we may end up being on DE, I'd rather he get a shot at TE, if his measurables are that good.

Be better suited as pass rusher. Might be a little under sized, not really (6'5" 230), but he powered cleaned 400 pounds last summer, he is too explosive not to use him as a pass rusher.