• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruited by Clemson, Florida, PSU, VT, USC-e and possibly Oregon and only a 2 star. Interesting

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a 5 star fullback though? I haven't followed recruiting long enough to really tell, but seems like even the best fullback you could hope for doesn't get the stars that other positions do

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Recruited by Clemson, Florida, PSU, VT, USC-e and possibly Oregon and only a 2 star. Interesting

Brandon Sturdivant tore an ACL before his junior season...was out the entire year. Could be why other schools didn't offer. Also not sure about his weight...some sites say he weighs 200, not 225 or 230.

MaxPreps Senior Profile - TE/FB Brandon Sturdivant

Scout.com 2012 Intro: Nation Ford FB Brandon Sturdivant

MaxPreps Sophomore Profile - TE Brandon Sturdivant

Couldn't find anything for his freshman year in high school

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Zwiniak was a 4 star FB.

yeah, i remember him. went to psu instead of VT. uva also got a 4 star fullback who left the program, his first name was dominique, i dont remember the last name (started with a W maybe). these guys get ranked high because they can run the ball and are more like running backs rather than fullbacks. for whatever reason they rank them as fullbacks just because they are big bruising running backs. fullbacks rarely run the ball these days, now they are just lead blockers unless you get a larry centers styled guy who catches the ball a lot.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, i remember him. went to psu instead of VT. uva also got a 4 star fullback who left the program, his first name was dominique, i dont remember the last name (started with a W maybe). these guys get ranked high because they can run the ball and are more like running backs rather than fullbacks. for whatever reason they rank them as fullbacks just because they are big bruising running backs. fullbacks rarely run the ball these days, now they are just lead blockers unless you get a larry centers styled guy who catches the ball a lot.

Dominique Wallace i think

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Has there ever been a 5 star fullback though? I haven't followed recruiting long enough to really tell, but seems like even the best fullback you could hope for doesn't get the stars that other positions do

And with the way offenses are nowadays, you can be the #1 FB on the depth chart, and still not be a starter... if the first series, or first play of the game really, is out of shotgun you're not "starting".

I bet it's hard to try and explain that to girls haha