• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on Abbott. That makes two pretty good kickers (forgot the other one) walking on correct?? I like Beamers philosophy in this, prove yourself, be a starter, earn a scholly. I am all for extending scholarship kickers if they are something special. We will see how next year shapes up for Christopher, but I hope he still has a chance to be offered a scholly. He is only 1 of about 30 listed on the FREE side of scout.

Dillon looks to be getting some love from the FREE side of rivals network (virginiapreps.com) lately as well. Mitchell Ludwig (Abingdon) and Craig County's own..Jefferson Lee is on the radar too folks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
rivals free side lists him with an offer. is it a walk on or schollie?

Walk-on offer....

FREE Rivals Profile for Brooks Abbott

I found this quote in the lead-in to the article dated 1-27-2012:

The pledges keep coming for the Hokies as Tech pulled a walk-on from down south earlier today. The 6-foot-3, 185-pounder elected for the Hokies over a pair of other offers.

Good question though...I don't recall Rivals listing walk-on offers before.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spy:

I am not viewing this thread, so your count doesnt go higher.

Good Luck next year, Hokies.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Article from yesterday's Washington Post....further confirmation Ekanem appears to be headed to Blacksburg to play football.

Centreville All-Met DE Ken Ekanem will not visit Notre Dame, likely set to choose Virginia Tech

QUOTE:

Centreville two-time All-Met defensive end Ken Ekanem appears poised to pick Virginia Tech on Wednesday after reports that his visit to Notre Dame scheduled this weekend was canceled.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point it would be an absolute shocker if Ekanem was not a Hokie. I am more concerned with Caleb and Kirven (to a greater degree). I think anything less than 3 of 3 would be disappointing, and only 1 out of 3 would be utterly disappointing. I have a good feeling about SD for once. In Shane and Stiney I will trust....

And in a (way to early) where are they now segment..757 guys..what happened to Dallas Coqdell?? A couple years ago he was being hyped pretty hard? Looks like he has an offer from Marshall..per Rivals FREE side. Thought he was gonna be the real deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea but there's always a guy every year who gets hyped as a sophomore or junior who just can't cut it on the camp circuit and doesn't really stand out. At his size he's either a FB, who almost never get offers, or he's a LB and I don't know if he's ever played LB before.

Think it's just a case of a kid having size at a young age, which is a big component for the hype factor.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think at this point it would be an absolute shocker if Ekanem was not a Hokie. I am more concerned with Caleb and Kirven (to a greater degree). I think anything less than 3 of 3 would be disappointing, and only 1 out of 3 would be utterly disappointing. I have a good feeling about SD for once. In Shane and Stiney I will trust....

And in a (way to early) where are they now segment..757 guys..what happened to Dallas Coqdell?? A couple years ago he was being hyped pretty hard? Looks like he has an offer from Marshall..per Rivals FREE side. Thought he was gonna be the real deal.
knee tweek (I believe) as a junior and then grades.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hmmm...don't know much about him...but i like it!
The interesting thing about BS is that he tore his ACL during his junior year and missed the season, this kept him from getting on the camp circuit. I will bet that had he not torn it he would have gained that 3rd star and had some scholarship offers. Either way I am def. pumped to have him!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay...I'm confused. Rivals clearly states on Brooks Abbott's FREE Rivals profile page that he accepted a WALK-ON offer from Tech as noted in the visible lines of the 1-27-2012 article: "The pledges keep coming for the Hokies as Tech pulled a walk-on from down south earlier today.":

FREE Rivals Profile for Brooks Abbott

But, on the FREE front page of Rivals/HokieHaven, they have Abbott listed with the rest of the Tech recruits who have given verbal commitments with the intent to sign an LOI for a full scholarship:

FREE Front Page of Rivals/HokieHaven

So, which is it, and does anyone know for sure...is Abbott being given a walk-on offer or a scholarship offer?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a walk on, but a preferred walk on. He can still sign a LOI as a walk-on (ala Michael Branthover) is his intention is to earn a scholarship. Not entirely sure, but Branthover was listed last season and he came on his own dime and was going to get a scholarship for Spring.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is a walk on, but a preferred walk on. He can still sign a LOI as a walk-on (ala Michael Branthover) is his intention is to earn a scholarship. Not entirely sure, but Branthover was listed last season and he came on his own dime and was going to get a scholarship for Spring.

Okay...thanks!

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else hear anything about Blue actually being a greyshirt offer for us?

Could be the reason why he may be willing to jump ship to Miami.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty highly recruited guy to be offered a greyshirt it seems.

That would be interesting, and news to me. If it is a greyshirt vs regular offer, I can understand his listening, though.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

First I've heard of the possibility, but that doesn't mean there may not be something to it. Maybe he's being asked to prep for some currently unknown reason?

Check out his offer list - has some pretty decent D1 offers FREE Rivals Profile for Jawand Blue

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes blue is a gs offer

I wonder if it has anything to do with the two-game suspension Blue served following a PF call in the first game of the 2011 season? He was originally accused of throwing a punch which got him hit with a six-game suspension, but that was reduced to two games after his appeal.

Just throwing it out as speculation, nothing else. Just seems weird that his offer would be of the greyshirt variety. Wonder when he was told?