• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WR and DB are two areas that we need depth at for the future. DB's depth, especially at both safety spots is thin right now, but get better based on who we have. Ky. Fuller and Bonner are the only other CBs we have.

The 2011 class has Farrow, Vandyke, Aromire as probably safeties with Jarrett as a CB. Cole could be a safety as well, but him or Vandyke or both could move to the whip spot.

Manning and Tookes are CBs, while everyone else could play an assortment of positions in this class. With Boykin, Coale, and possibly Roberts (if no redshirt-which probably won't happen) leaving, then Davis, Coles, and Fuller the next we are awfully thin at WR. Smiling is the only other WR really. Out of the 2011 class, only Lockhart is project to make an immediate impact. Knowles and Asante are fast and athletic, but also projects so who knows where they'll be come 2013.

Luckily we're doing well. What scares me is OL depth after next year. If guys don't pan out, then taking only 1 guy last year may hurt.

Here's to hoping the Stadnik's choose the good guys this week.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to think about:

At this time last season we had 2 commits. Granted, they were both 4 star, highly recruited guys (Harley and Van Dyke) but we had two. Our third came on June 15.

Today we have nine commits. Three of those are likely four stars.

The philosophy change is evident.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep great point - that's why for me I decided to send Beamer an e-mail (assuming it is correct - never bounced back) letting him know fans appreciate his desire to do more when he didn't have to. Exciting times. :kk:

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely seemed to have casted a wider net this year on recruits. Last year, I think we were restricted to how many offers we handed out early because of the low amount of scholarships available at the time. I'm also wondering if we're going to take up an SEC-like philosophy of over signing (South Carolina over signed 2 of the past 3 years with Shane). I am really pleased with this class so far, though, and I'm expecting a few more recruits to hop on in May and June.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We definitely seemed to have casted a wider net this year on recruits. Last year, I think we were restricted to how many offers we handed out early because of the low amount of scholarships available at the time. I'm also wondering if we're going to take up an SEC-like philosophy of over signing (South Carolina over signed 2 of the past 3 years with Shane). I am really pleased with this class so far, though, and I'm expecting a few more recruits to hop on in May and June.
Right now we will have the option of over signing at least 2 if Coleman and Manning can get everything in line to come in early, thus counting towards last years totals and not this years. We have been casting a much larger net this year, but you are correct we were very limited last season but this year we have more slots available. I would not be surprised to see an over-signing year of 25-26 recruits...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have a few guys set for greyshirts next year as well, so we have to keep that in the equation.

Hall
Alford
potentially Maddy

I think a few injuries may force some kids out after Spring though. We will get everyone in the boat that wants to be, I am sure.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We also have a few guys set for greyshirts next year as well, so we have to keep that in the equation.

Hall
Alford
potentially Maddy

I think a few injuries may force some kids out after Spring though. We will get everyone in the boat that wants to be, I am sure.
Ah I forgot about the greyshirts. They still go against their recruiting class and not the one after correct?

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Might just be worried a lil too much, but is Tookes reconsidering his choice? Rivals says he has interest in Nebraska, Purdue, and South Florida

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Might just be worried a lil too much, but is Tookes reconsidering his choice? Rivals says he has interest in Nebraska, Purdue, and South Florida
I have heard he is solid to VT...that being said he is only 17 so anything could happen. I hope he ends up at VT and I think he will stick with his decision, maybe I am just looking through my orange tinted maroon glasses...

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late. Crap. Oh well, maybe it will bring two commits tomorrow from N.C. Not getting my hopes up, but that would be awesome

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have heard he is solid to VT...that being said he is only 17 so anything could happen. I hope he ends up at VT and I think he will stick with his decision, maybe I am just looking through my orange tinted maroon glasses...

From what i hear if tookes looks anywhere it will be auburn or tenn, but right now he's a hokie and i also "think" he will stick with VT.