• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cyrus Jones may be reconsidering his choice.... could just be a rumor right now not the most credible source

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yes, but you can never discount the lure of the SEC. Additionally, Sunseri's at Tennessee now and Kirven seems to really like him. Third, Knoxville is a lot closer to Lynchburg than Tuscaloosa:

Lynchburg, VA to:
-----------------
Blacksburg = 97 miles
Knoxville = 315 miles
Tuscaloosa = 627 miles

I will say that there is a fair amount of turmoil in the UT football program. That should also be a plus in Tech's favor, along with good friends already playing at Tech.

EDIT: this may be more suited for the oT thread and 46 can move it there if he likes.

In the future how much can we expect Sunseri/tenn to recruit VA? They may not win many games but their recruiting hasnt suffered. (they've landed 45 four star or better recruits in the past 4 years)

Sidenote: While I never want to see us abandon the state of VA for recruiting, I think we picked a good to time to start "casting a bigger net". I have a feeling that with some of the recent coaching changes VA, Maryland, and the DC area are going to become harder to recruit. With Locksley being on board, Maryland start to keep an increasing amount of local talent and will prob draw a few out of DC and NOVA also. I imagine Urban will hand pick a few of the top tier VA recruits every year to go after. If Holgorsen stays @ WVU, despite playing in morganhole and their crazy travel, that offense is going to attract some players. Not to mention if Tenn starts to recruit VA more heavily.

^ This isnt intended as a "dooms day" post. Just making an observation that their are a lot of new recruiting threats in our "footprint".

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cyrus Jones may be reconsidering his choice.... could just be a rumor right now not the most credible source

The fact that Sunseri was his recruiter makes that believable, but he him self said he is "bama all the way" a few hours ago on twitter. Of course we have first hand experience with the credibility of statements made on twitter by recruits. :L

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Per Chris Horne Deloatch will be visited by the coaching staff tomorrow and again on the 24th. He will be on an official visit Saturday at VT

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Chris Horne Deloatch will be visited by the coaching staff tomorrow and again on the 24th. He will be on an official visit Saturday at VT

ri...says that deloatch has a visit to temple on friday and will then come to us saturday. hes narrowed it to us and temple. we get the last visit, and as you said we have 2 in home visits with him. i think we get him.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got Ekanem, Stanford, and Deloatch (saturday only) this coming weekend, and Kirven the following weekend. Is there anyone else? Aside from our commits

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb and Kirven will be announcing on signing day, from what I have heard. Caleb may be even later.

Ekanem could be sooner, but just a bit.

Deoatch will likely be sooner but still not until after this weekend. He is going to Temple on Friday and then Tech on Saturday and Sunday. He is playing in the US vs the World game in Texas (the one DW and Tariq played in). I could see him committing if he gets an offer at the visit before leaving for Texas.

Stanford still has to visit Virginia Tech and TCU but was pretty happy at Arky State. It will probably be signing day or later before we hear from him.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heard vols made a strong push for Kirven on his visit...started out by picking him up at the airport w a few drop dead blondes...still think he's a hokie tho

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard vols made a strong push for Kirven on his visit...started out by picking him up at the airport w a few drop dead blondes...still think he's a hokie tho

Do a Google search on Lacy Pearl Earps when you get a chance. Not sure how the Vols didn't get the death penalty with that...

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Is Tennessee still using the "Hostess" program?? After the big dust-up when Kiffen was there I thought they decided to keep a lower profile.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb and Kirven will be announcing on signing day, from what I have heard. Caleb may be even later.

Ekanem could be sooner, but just a bit.

Deoatch will likely be sooner but still not until after this weekend. He is going to Temple on Friday and then Tech on Saturday and Sunday. He is playing in the US vs the World game in Texas (the one DW and Tariq played in). I could see him committing if he gets an offer at the visit before leaving for Texas.

Stanford still has to visit Virginia Tech and TCU but was pretty happy at Arky State. It will probably be signing day or later before we hear from him.

Stanford is visiting Tech this weekend (where he will be surrounded by commits) and TCU on the 27th...

Yeah, I just quoted myself.....