• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like this quote from Rivals (free site), talking about Manning choosing VT over Miami. This quote is actually about Brandon Flowers, a few years back:

"Virginia Tech was persistent,'' Atlantic coach Chris Bean said. "They were recruiting him very hard. They were the first ones to offer him. My advice to him was go to the place that wants you the most. Whoever wants you the most and is recruiting you the hardest is the place you need to go. You'll get a better opportunity there. I don't know if it was my advice he took that sent them to Virginia Tech, but they ended up making the choice to go to Virginia Tech and it turned out pretty well.''

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Show a little faith, already.

VT has a great program, and offers an excellent opportunity for those recruits who decide to come here.

The next couple of years are going to be great, with Logan Thomas at the helm.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who isn't?

I think that we close with all three of the big guys, plus one more late guy....

I personally hope the late guy is Stanford. I won't pretend to be too familiar with Deloatch other than the info on this board, but Stanford seems to be everything that we lost when Lockhart left. I don't think we'll be too lean on possession receivers in the near future... it is playmakers that we'll need.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd rather have deloatch, I feel like we have plenty of other guys that have some speed and some moves, like if we put Frye @ WR. I think Logan has started liking to throw the fade too (mostly to boykin), so I think a big athletic body like deloatch could fill that void going forward

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd rather have deloatch, I feel like we have plenty of other guys that have some speed and some moves, like if we put Frye @ WR. I think Logan has started liking to throw the fade too (mostly to boykin), so I think a big athletic body like deloatch could fill that void going forward

I guess I would be happy with either. I would love to land Caleb, but these guys were WRs in high school. There's something to be said for that. Davis, Roberts, and Coles all played other positions in high school and it took them a little while to adjust (understandably).

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if deloatch can qualify this year id love to have him. he is a beast. if he has to prep...well, we know what could happen then.

i also have a good feeling that we close with kirven, caleb, ekanem, deloatch, and maybe a sleeper o-lineman.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take either or both. I trust the coaches on this one. If I had to pick one, I will take the guy from Phoebus.

absolutely, especially considering he was considered a top 5 junior in the state. he could be a real steal for us if he can qualify.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another point: With Tookes, Jones, and possibly Stanford in this class, plus the 2013 GA QB we offered this week, is Georgia going to be the new Florida for us? It isn't at the same school like Atlantic... But we can surely replace 757 escapees with comparable OOS talent.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I've read, Matteo wants to play in a major conference .. The fact that he decommitted from Temple with a scholly offer and is willing to walk-on -- I can definitely respect that and where ever he lands, I'm sure they'll remember that .. Good info you guys have on this board