• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just reading over at VolNation and they think they have at least a decent shot with Kirven because they are supposedly the only school offering him as a DE instead of DT. I have no idea as I'm not a recruiting guru. Just passing along what I read. There was a Vol on there from Lynchburg who said he'd be shocked if Kirven went anywhere beside VT.

I like visiting there every so often because they will post any kind of material (free or paid), but the members posting generally have no clue what is going on and think they have a good shot with every guy.

They spent about 2 pages getting excited because Dave Hooker's article on ESPN said that Kirven is going to UT, which many thought meant he was going to commit. The article was about Kirven going to visit after he backed off due to the coaching changes.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that's what he meant. And plus, I'm not doubting that Marshall is good, but didn't him and Mangus put up similar numbers while also playing against the same competition?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

You'd rather have them than Keith Marshall (#1/#2 RB), Todd Gurley (#11/#15 RB) and possibly Mike Davis (#6/#18 RB)?

They want to be Hokies, so yes, I am saying that I will take our three over your three. Darren Evans, Ryan Williams and David Wilson agree.....

Harris is a bruiser, four star kid from PA.

Coleman is the fastest and quickest back in the country.

Mangus outperformed Marshall head to head and in the same division.

We're good, thanks.....

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want to be Hokies, so yes, I am saying that I will take our three over your three. Darren Evans, Ryan Williams and David Wilson agree.....

We're good, thanks.....

but mangus will be playing wide receiver for us, right?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're good, thanks.....

I can dig it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading over at VolNation and they think they have at least a decent shot with Kirven because they are supposedly the only school offering him as a DE instead of DT. I have no idea as I'm not a recruiting guru. Just passing along what I read. There was a Vol on there from Lynchburg who said he'd be shocked if Kirven went anywhere beside VT.

Havent heard ANYONE (here or on any other sight) mention that KK is a possible DE. His 40 time is too slow, and he is not quite athletic enough IMO for that position. I guess there is an outside shot he could play DE in a 3-4 but still, he is much more suited for a DT. Is the new UT D-coordinator (Sunseri) running a 3-4 at UT?? They run a 3-4 at 'Bama I do believe.

In a nutshell...not too worried about UT when it comes to Kirven. More worried about Saban. But never say never. It is Rocky Top...

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Been getting some good vibrations from Ekanem's area lately. Sounds like ND is going to have to make one hell of an impression.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can't play three guys in one spot from one year, so he will get his first shot there.

id rather he get his shot at running back first, along with coleman (who could split out wide into the slot at times to get him in space) and take it slow with harris since he is coming off a serious knee injury

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the recruiting season comes to an end, a few guys stick out to me as potential late offers along the offensive line. They are both big, roadgrader type guys. I wanted to post their profiles here. I have watched film on both of them and think that we may give them a late look.

Fist: Jackson Matteo, who is currently committed to Temple but had a ton of interest in VT:

Jackson Matteo - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Jackson Matteo Profile

Second: Joseph Scelfo, a big kid out of Virginia who does not currently have an offer but is just big and mean:

Joseph Scelfo - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Joseph Scelfo Profile

Bump, on Matteo...

Last edited by a moderator: