• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure of all the recruiting restrictions and such, but I would still be in Cyrus Jones ear up until signing day. He could always have a change of heart.:ear:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure of all the recruiting restrictions and such, but I would still be in Cyrus Jones ear up until signing day. He could always have a change of heart.:ear:

I agree. Or any recruit that fits a critical space in the puzzle. Pick the most likely premium candidate and go get him!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt read into the comments too much concerning caleb and The 'Neers. I have heard NOTHING up to this point concerning them being legit contenders for him. With that being said, it still would not shock me if he went elsewhere (OSU or WVU). Don't think he would go the WVU route based on one game, the facts that
1)They still play in the Big East, thats not to discredit how they rolled CU
2)They may be for a couple more years
3)Their coach is one drunken, fucked-up, gambling night away from being handed the pink slip (sorry..had to take a shot)

Somewhat OT--Speaking of highly touted VA receivers going to WVU..whatever happened to Logan Heastie?? I remember he left because of behavioral issues (lazy as hell). Where did he ever end up..If anywhere?

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well he's visiting WVU on Jan 20th...I hope it goes horribly.:spider:

:charlie:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt read into the comments too much concerning caleb and The 'Neers. I have heard NOTHING up to this point concerning them being legit contenders for him. With that being said, it still would not shock me if he went elsewhere (OSU or WVU). Don't think he would go the WVU route based on one game, the facts that
1)They still play in the Big East, thats not to discredit how they rolled CU
2)They may be for a couple more years
3)Their coach is one drunken, fucked-up, gambling night away from being handed the pink slip (sorry..had to take a shot)

Somewhat OT--Speaking of highly touted VA receivers going to WVU..whatever happened to Logan Heastie?? I remember he left because of behavioral issues (lazy as hell). Where did he ever end up..If anywhere?

i bet wvu goes to the big 12 sooner rather than later

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so..but they will have to pay for it. I don't think they will play in the Big 12 until at least 2013 IMO. The Big East may really puff their chests out and try like hell to make them stay as long as possible. A parting gift and a :finger:

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colby Cooke is another recruit Chris Beatty stole from the state of Virginia

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another recruit? lol

And I'd seriously question Beatty was even his recruiter. Goochland is a far, far cry from where Beatty comes from and I imagine the kid was drawn to the fact that it was A)Vandy(he had excellent grades), B)the SEC and C)a full scholarship where nobody else was offering.

Hell, Beatty lasted less than a year at Vandy before moving on, it's not like he was crucial to Cooke's recruitment.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not crucial to Cooke's recruitment is probably right....but he has been stealing recruits out of VA for a few years now

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not crucial to Cooke's recruitment is probably right....but he has been stealing recruits out of VA for a few years now

Correct...

Chris Beatty Commitments 2009-2011
----------------------------------
2011 Vandy
----------
3* Lafonte Thourogood QB Virginia Beach, VA

2010 WVU
----------
3* Ishmael Banks DB Chatham, VA
3* Trey Johnson RB Richmond, VA
4* Deon Long WR Chatham, VA
4* Quinton Spain OL Petersburg, VA
3* Marquis Wallace OL Richmond, VA

2009 WVU
--------
3* Shawne Alston RB Hampton, VA
3* Dominik Davenport DT Hampton, VA
4* Logan Heastie WR Chesapeake, VA

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not stealing when nobody wants them. His WVU class is mostly garbage and many have transferred by now. WVU fans fully assert his time spent in VA was wasted for the most part.

LT's switching positions and watching Beatty leave him in the dust, that kid made a way wrong choice.

Chris Beatty's influence over Virginia was overrated from day 1 and he's never been able to be anything close to successful when facing VT for VA kids.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not stealing when nobody wants them. His WVU class is mostly garbage and many have transferred by now. WVU fans fully assert his time spent in VA was wasted for the most part.

LT's switching positions and watching Beatty leave him in the dust, that kid made a way wrong choice.

Chris Beatty's influence over Virginia was overrated from day 1 and he's never been able to be anything close to successful when facing VT for VA kids.

Just factually stating what Beatty has been credited with recruiting out of the state of Virginia in the last few years, regardless of where they ended up or how they turned out.

Tech's recruited quite a few kids over the years who didn't turn out for one reason or another. But, except for the few who committed felonies, I'm not prepared to call any of them "garbage".

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just in case anyone's interested, here is the 2012 Parade All-American Football Team:

2012 PARADE ALL-AMERICA TEAM

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I thought he would be on there as a linebacker though, not as a running back. Aren't we solely recruiting him for LB? I wasn't aware his rushing stats were that stellar

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, I thought he would be on there as a linebacker though, not as a running back. Aren't we solely recruiting him for LB? I wasn't aware his rushing stats were that stellar

Trey Edmunds rushing stats:

283 carries; 2596 yards rushing; 9.17 yards per carry; 80 long; 33 TDs

Yes, we're recruiting him for LB.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Edmunds rushing stats:

283 carries; 2596 yards rushing; 9.17 yards per carry; 80 long; 33 TDs

Yes, we're recruiting him for LB.

Meh. Maybe Frank will be riding in the car with Newsome and say to him "ya know, this kid could play RB for us" as he supposedly did for El Tee 3 and QB. Also, it sounds like LT had no desire to play QB, but wanted to play TE originally.

I forget where I heard that story...

The 500th time.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep in mind he played RB in single A. generally at single A schools id imagine that the best athlete plays RB, just like seth dooley played RB and did well (he's 6'5 for heavens sake). Im sure Edmunds was a beast in high school at running back, but so were a lot of high schoolers (like dyrell roberts) but they just project better to other positions at the collegiate level.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just factually stating what Beatty has been credited with recruiting out of the state of Virginia in the last few years, regardless of where they ended up or how they turned out.

Tech's recruited quite a few kids over the years who didn't turn out for one reason or another. But, except for the few who committed felonies, I'm not prepared to call any of them "garbage".

Except out of that list, VT and UVA may have offered 1 or 2 of those guys. Just because he took kids out of Virginia doesn't mean he was an actual threat to our recruiting.