• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to give the impression that I don't think they are great players, but I really like Nigel Williams, and maybe Smith will live up to his legacy. I have faith that we can recruit good D-Line players going forward but WR is the real question mark

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to give the impression that I don't think they are great players, but I really like Nigel Williams, and maybe Smith will live up to his legacy. I have faith that we can recruit good D-Line players going forward but WR is the real question mark

the more depth and strength we get in the trenches, the better. the d-line and o-line are where we generally lose ground against the highly ranked teams. kirven and ekanem would be more than welcome additions. imagine ekanem coming off one edge and zach mccray off of the other with kirven and maddy in the middle in a year or 2.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thing that bodes in our favor for ekanem

Meanwhile, the coach who most closely recruited Ekanem at Notre Dame, Charlie Molnar, left the school after accepting the head coaching position at Massachusetts in early December.

per the washington post.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
according to his HS coach...weve just offered 2012 wr joshua stanford...6' 1" 170...also his teammate Jordan Moore who plays safety...per twitter...i retweeted them both... @jermadams

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Ekanem play in person a few times and I'm on the same page with you. The kid is dynamic and would be our best DL prospect if we get him. Him and Jones would be an insane DL class alone, then throw in Baron, Williams, Smith, and possibly Kirven. Me likey.

My younger brother goes to Oakton and he said that Ekanem scored 4 TD's against them as a tight end and had multiple sacks. My parents chimed in and said that it was like watching a man among boys. I know most top prospects look like that, but to dominate a good team that way certainly says something about his athleticism. Plus, I'd rather see him put up huge numbers against tough competition than put up marginal numbers against bad competition (COUGH Norfolk Christian).

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked them up on ri...

jordan moore is a zero star defensive back despite having offers from TCU, UNC, michigan state, and ohio state among others. looks more like a 3/4 star guy from that offer list. i am a little curious though. i thought the DB boat filled up with regards to crawley. why offer this defensive back if that is the case?

stanford does not have a FBS offer.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“@HokieFootballCC: Hokies get walk-on commitment from Tazewell kicker Andrew Murray. Seeing as how Journell is probably done, that's significant news.”

Maybe we won't need the young lady that tried out after all.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i looked them up on ri.... we just offered the WR stanford it seems....im assuming in response to Lockhart...hopefully nothing to do with Caleb/Deloatch

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the more depth and strength we get in the trenches, the better. the d-line and o-line are where we generally lose ground against the highly ranked teams. kirven and ekanem would be more than welcome additions. imagine ekanem coming off one edge and zach mccray off of the other with kirven and maddy in the middle in a year or 2.

Don't forget about Harley

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i looked them up on ri.... we just offered the WR stanford it seems....im assuming in response to Lockhart...hopefully nothing to do with Caleb/Deloatch

though we may be his only FBS offer (espn lists memphis as an offer, ri... doesnt), i trust the coaching staff with wide receiver evaluation and sherman's coaching ability. he really has done a great job with sleepers (boykin and coale in particular)

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WRT, the UVA academics argument, any UVA booster and serious fan of the program will tell you that those standards have been lowered in order to allow London to get the 757 guys that he made his entire initial press conference about.

So to whoever asked, yes, because Harold passed the NCAA minimum eligibility threshold he will be accepted to UVA. For certain players of that caliber both UVA and VT will accept a player if as long as he is NCAA eligibile. However both schools generally do have their own higher standards for an average recruit.

Sometimes if a program oversigns, they will use those higher standards to ask a player to prep for a year (and that's why some of those guys can become eligible at another school if they choose not to prep).

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will add, that UVA has been accepting CERTAIN players that were barely NCAA eligible for some time. However, now their standards have been loosened to where they can accept more borderline guys without ticking off the admissions people.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i trust the coaching staff with wide receiver evaluation and sherman's coaching ability. he really has done a great job with sleepers (boykin and coale in particular)

Exactly. I just watched this kids film and he looks to be fast and have really good hands.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
likewise...hes playing in some big time competition as well....5 A ball in Georgia and making plays! not sure how he was over looked...seems he also picked up an Arkansas St. offer recently.. a pipeline there wouldn't be bad either

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My younger brother goes to Oakton and he said that Ekanem scored 4 TD's against them as a tight end and had multiple sacks. My parents chimed in and said that it was like watching a man among boys. I know most top prospects look like that, but to dominate a good team that way certainly says something about his athleticism. Plus, I'd rather see him put up huge numbers against tough competition than put up marginal numbers against bad competition (COUGH Norfolk Christian).

Yeah the Concorde District has produced some great Hokies. Always love seeing Centreville guys at Tech.