• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The argument that UVA can't blame their lack of success on the field on any kind of higher academic standard is clearly a valid one, and the examples of Harold and Moses should quickly shut down any argument to the contrary.

I couldn't care less about recruits to other programs, however. What I care about is getting the creme de la creme to Virginia Tech. I want to see the superior talent showing up at Virginia Tech, and bringing it the whole time they're there.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of off topic but on the lockart decommit front...

we have irick as a true wide receiver, but also greene and frye who could play there. greene seems to expect to play receiver for us. we could have at least 3 receivers coming in this class, and up to 5 if caleb and deloatch choose us. we will be fine there. plus, thomas smith will come in next january.

Greene could also play defensive back, but he said he is heading to Blacksburg, Va., to play offense.

"Most likely receiver," he said. "That's mostly what I'm great at. That's what I see myself playing."

And what does he do well as a receiver?

"It's my itch for the ball," Greene said. "My route running is crisp, I keep everything close together, and my body up under me. I don't use gloves and I don't catch the ball in my chest."

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is absolutely true that we recruited Harold and Moore, despite Eli's derp face and Kwontie's fat ass. No need to bash them, especially considering how deep we are at each position. The only things we lost from their signing elsewhere was momentum and our school name at the top of the VA top 25 rankings (we won't mention Moore's low-life decommitting teammate).

That said, it's hilarious that UVA has so blatantly handed over their "tough academics" excuse for players that likely won't pull them out of the rut they're in.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Twitter:

SupaStarLo_MMG Kenneth Crawley:
Signing day I have some tricks up my sleeve

Obviously it's a baiting, vague comment, but it's still a little interesting coming from a big-time VT fan that doesn't officially have the Hokies on his list.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dang near 200 pages and almost 150,000 views. Is this the most epic (non-im bored) thread on SportsHoopla???

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Twitter:

Obviously it's a baiting, vague comment, but it's still a little interesting coming from a big-time VT fan that doesn't officially have the Hokies on his list.

He's got an interesting remaining 4: Colorado, Kansas, Maryland, and Michigan St. I can understand UMD because it's geographically close, but why does he have Colorado and Kansas listed? If he likes their programs it's one thing, but it's just unusual in my mind. Hell, even having UMD on the list is unusual at this point.

I'm going to say Kansus St. is the trick up his sleeve. Just an off-the-cuff guess.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure if its been mentioned, but Ekanem officially narrowed his list to VT and ND. Will announce signing day.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From Twitter:

We are not actively pursuing him

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ND people seem to think their coaching staff is slow playing Ekanem due to his injury and who they have left on the board. They're also calling him "plan B."

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND people seem to think their coaching staff is slow playing Ekanem due to his injury and who they have left on the board. They're also calling him "plan B."

Well, our coaches went and hung out with him in the hospital after his surgery and have him as a definite Plan A+ so fuck them. He is a plan A for any team. Notre Dame fans are cocky for having a team around .500 over the past decade.

Where would you want to go, and if you were a parent where would you want your kid to go.

;)

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, while they are both great players based on the film I've watched, I wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost either Kirven or Ekanem. Caleb is another story though because he has implications for next season

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really havnt seen much of ekanem but Kirven is a beast a 270# guy that moves the way he does would be a big help in the middle of our Line in a couple years.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, while they are both great players based on the film I've watched, I wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost either Kirven or Ekanem. Caleb is another story though because he has implications for next season

I am losing sleep over the anticipation. I'll need meds if we don't pull through on these guys.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You have seen different "film" than I.

I've seen Ekanem play in person a few times and I'm on the same page with you. The kid is dynamic and would be our best DL prospect if we get him. Him and Jones would be an insane DL class alone, then throw in Baron, Williams, Smith, and possibly Kirven. Me likey.