• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So UVA accepts 2.5 GPAs then claims the difficulty of their high standards as an excuse.

thats an absolutely legitimate point. I've known countless wahoos that have used that excuse. Well, that excuse is dead if they are recruiting eli harold (2.5 high school gpa) and dominique terrell (2.8 gpa). Its serioulsy hard to have a 2.5 gpa in high school, in that you have to either not show up to school, or just aren't very bright.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard similar viewpoints from classmates that went to UVA and UNC. They say that keeping up with more difficult classes makes it harder on the athletes (not just that students with low GPAs don't get in). UNC people also say that the higher academic standards can explain their shady operations.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard similar viewpoints from classmates that went to UVA and UNC. They say that keeping up with more difficult classes makes it harder on the athletes (not just that students with low GPAs don't get in). UNC people also say that the higher academic standards can explain their shady operations.

but if they have a 2.5 in a crummy high school they know they wont get that at UVA or UNC and really dont qualify imo

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think even that is a stretch. In general, most schools have joke classes and in most situations, these classes will contain athletes. I remember reading an article last year about students getting upset over a list of easy classes that was handed out to the athletes. I think the bigger issue is when athletes get away with not going to class or are undeservedly handed good grades.

And yes, these classes exist at Virginia Tech. Most recent students have probably heard about intro to shakespeare. Energy I spent on that class << energy I spend wiping my ass

Last edited by a moderator:

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because his SAT score was sufficient and his gpa will be 2.6 plus, there is no doubt that he will qualify?

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
btw here's CC's final top 10 and it is a billion times more reasonable than 247's.

1) Eli Harold
2) Joel Caleb
3) Kwontie Moore
4) Alex Carter
5) Deon Clarke
6) JC Coleman
7) Korren Kirven
8) Ken Ekanem
9) Trey Edmunds
10) Anthony Cooper

Cooper over Coleman rofl how stupid is Oakes?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only person on the planet who sees zero in Kwontie Moore. He is heavy, has slow hips and transitions and is slow. There is no way he will be able to be a Mike in 1a. I am sorry. maybe I will be proven wrong but I see him as a run stuffing DE at best....

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even that is a stretch. In general, most schools have joke classes and in most situations, these classes will contain athletes. I remember reading an article last year about students getting upset over a list of easy classes that was handed out to the athletes. I think the bigger issue is when athletes get away with not going to class or are undeservedly handed good grades.

And yes, these classes exist at Virginia Tech. Most recent students have probably heard about intro to shakespeare. Energy I spent on that class << energy I spend wiping my ass

personal health was another one. i remember kam chancellor was in the class the semester i took it.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That story I heard was about Stanford. Don't know why I left that out...

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2011/03/09/1046687/

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only person on the planet who sees zero in Kwontie Moore. He is heavy, has slow hips and transitions and is slow. There is no way he will be able to be a Mike in 1a. I am sorry. maybe I will be proven wrong but I see him as a run stuffing DE at best....

Spot on with your assessment 46 IMO. Watched most of the AA game and he wasnt bad at all, but wasn't spectacular. To me he looked bigger and heavier than his listed measurables. I think he might have a chance (at Mike) if he works on his agility, speed and/or drops a little weight but he kinda looked out of place. But in all honesty, he nor Harold looked bad in the game. I would expect him to be a DE or even DT in a couple years.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Harold is very good and is going to be a menace, if he can stay focused. As you mentioned, if Moore puts in the work he can be an FBS linebacker but the natural instincts and fluidity that Devin Vandyke has makes him more suited to that position. DVD dos not have the size, but he has the frame to add 15-20 pounds and still be lean. I really like all five of the linebackers that we have in this class. They all have a ton of speed and the frame to grow.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harold is good. Why deny it or trash him because of his grades? If he qualifies, he qualifies. Didn't VT recruit him as well?

No need to knock the guy. The only recruits who deserve to be flamed are those who de-commit, but they aren't worth the time and negative energy. Why stoop to their level?

I prefer to spend time on positive endeavors. The way to victory is great coaching, great recruiting, and better fans. "We are Virginia Tech" needs to be more than a bumper sticker.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold is good. Why deny it or trash him because of his grades? If he qualifies, he qualifies. Didn't VT recruit him as well?

No need to knock the guy. The only recruits who deserve to be flamed are those who de-commit, but they aren't worth the time and negative energy. Why stoop to their level?

I prefer to spend time on positive endeavors. The way to victory is great coaching, great recruiting, and better fans. "We are Virginia Tech" needs to be more than a bumper sticker.

no one is denying that he is good. we are bringing up his grades because for years its been uva's excuse for why their team has been shit, that their academic requirements make it hard to get good players. ive heard this from countless wahoos. well, 2.5 gpa isnt exactly a stringent admission requirement.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea VTScores, why do you have to ruin the fun? Why do you have to piss all in our cheerios?

Chenson is right. It's been a common excuse by the pompous Hoos as why their team is so God awful and frankly its not true. Eli and Morgan Moses are Exhibit Dumb and Dumber.