• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarontay Jones and Tookes will be here on the 27th visiting when Korren Kirven takes his OV.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys know anything about the OL Benedict who transfered from UGA?

I was wondering how his rehab went and if he is expected to play this year.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any of you guys know anything about the OL Benedict who transfered from UGA?

I was wondering how his rehab went and if he is expected to play this year.

All indications have been positive. Does this mean you lost your voodoo doll, or have you put it away?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications have been positive. Does this mean you lost your voodoo doll, or have you put it away?

What?

I think the guy left in a POS kind of way, but I don't wish ill on him... and I don't dislike VT, I hope he has success with/for them.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What?

I think the guy left in a POS kind of way, but I don't wish ill on him... and I don't dislike VT, I hope he has success with/for them.

I think you've had your say about Benedict...more than once...and everyone here knows what you think of the man. Nobody really cares.

Enough is enough.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've had your say about Benedict...more than once...and everyone here knows what you think of the man. Nobody really cares.

Enough is enough.

Wow.

Just wondering how he was doing. Thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow.

Just wondering how he was doing. Thanks for the info. :rolleyes:

I was being sarcastic, not angry. I recalled you saying something a while back along the lines of "I hope he never plays a snap".

I can't blame you, either. While I think there's a big difference, I feel the same way about Lafonte and Lockhart.

I'm glad we have Benedict. Lord knows we need him.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you guys have seen this, but...

Twitter

...anyway, I hope you guys don't waste a scholly on this guy (unless you need on OL really bad). It was reported in the spring that he was still hampered by his knee injury (suffered in HS), even though he says he fine, UGA was going ask him to take a medical redshirt. Apparently, he has numbness in his foot & it is hindering his footwork when blocking.

Most of all, I think the way he left UGA shows that he has no heart and I know that's not the kind of player VT wants.

You're right, there is a lot more to it than what I posted, it's just that the post was already longer than I wanted to type. I certainly didn't want to type Benedict's life story. And yes there were rumors that he wasn't buying into the new S&C program. Apparently, he didn't want to join the S&C program & wanted to continue working with the team that was handling his rehab program only.

As far as implying that UGA ran him off is ridiculous. Georgia is not Alabama, it's just not how Richt operates. And if you were aware of UGA's O-line situation you would understand that that is highly unlikely.

Benedict was injured during his senior season in HS, Georgia was one of the only schools who still honored their original offer. Most major schools pulled the offer when he blew out his knee. UGA also paid for his surgeries & rehab.

I'm sure Beamer is on top of it, but from what I've seen this offseason, Benedict appears to be trying to deny/hide the fact that he has limited feeling in his feet.

:L

I hope his injury isn't still as bad as I had heard. Hopefully it was just a falling out with the S&C program, I've heard that the new program has been brutal and everyone who publicly didn't like it is gone now - so hopefully that is all it was.

I just really hate this guy, because he was reportedly talking with UF before he even talked to Richt about leaving. To a UGA fan, that's about as low as it gets.

Also, our O-line is incredibley thin because of injury and now 2 transfers (Benedict and Harmon [academics]), so it hurts our depth.

Good luck with him, I hope he lives up to the expectations he had before his injury.

I can't find anywhere where GoDawg wished any harm on Benedict. He was upset about a current player potentially transferring to a rival...nothing wrong with that...

Anyway....Benedict will likely have the inside run on a guard spot this coming season. He played well on the scout team and appears fully recovered from his injury.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't find anywhere where GoDawg wished any harm on Benedict. He was upset about a current player potentially transferring to a rival...nothing wrong with that...

Anyway....Benedict will likely have the inside run on a guard spot this coming season. He played well on the scout team and appears fully recovered from his injury.

Let's say, just for instance, that a player decommits from Tech and ends up at an in-conference rival.

How many times do we have to make our feelings known about that player, and how many times do we make those feelings known on one or more of that rival's websites? How soon will it be before the fans of those sites get tired of hearing the same thing over and over?

By the way, as a side note, I don't think I ever said Sicem wished any physical harm to Benedict. If I did it was entirely unintentional and I extend my apology if true.

I'm done on this subject.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What?

why? He left because the UGA's S&C coordinator's plan for his rehab and training wasnt in line with what his doctors and PT had recommended. He seemed thankful for his experience @ UGA and Richt granted him unconditional release, so why the hard feelings?

Mike Gentry and his reputation in the S&C world were prob a big draw for Benedict and his family. Not to mention VT has had a lot of success working with guys that have had similar injuries.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On another note, how does everyone think offers shake out when (if) the boat fills up?

If Cyrus (by some miracle) calls, does Stanford lose his offer? Deloatch? Are those two an either/or scenario regardless if Caleb commits first? Who greyshirts, if anyone?

I find it hard to believe there are 5 or 6 legitimate empty spots.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, how does everyone think offers shake out when (if) the boat fills up?

If Cyrus (by some miracle) calls, does Stanford lose his offer? Deloatch? Are those two an either/or scenario regardless if Caleb commits first? Who greyshirts, if anyone?

I find it hard to believe there are 5 or 6 legitimate empty spots.

There is some wiggle room. We have some players who would be best served to grey-shirt and know this. In addition, we will lose some more players to injuries and transfers. If we get all of those guys, we will have room. If not, some of the grey-shirts may come in the Spring or some walk ons may earn rides. I think that DiNardo is going to earn a ride already.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old TAE :lm:

Cyrus isn't coming back. Unfortunately theres no need for that hypothetical :(