• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Unfortunately the Stadnik boys will not be making it up....

As for Hokes:

Flowers
Hall
Adibi
Vick
Randall
Smith
Royal
Chancellor...

...probably a bunch more

I wonder if Tyrod, Ru and Darren will be there?
Has Flowers officially said he is coming? Last I heard he was going to try to make it but it looked like he couldn't. Tyrod will be there, and I think Ru might but I haven't heard about DE...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Has Flowers officially said he is coming? Last I heard he was going to try to make it but it looked like he couldn't. Tyrod will be there, and I think Ru might but I haven't heard about DE...

from what i can tell BF is a wait and see type deal.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I guess whatever "tiff" we had with OS has been patched uP?

Big pickup kid is going to be a stud!!!

BTW: what do you guys think? Does this shutdown RB recruiting for the year? I was hoping we'd take (2) but have heard all along only taking (1).

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im assuming Greene is coming in as an "athlete" but what the latest on him WR or S?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess whatever "tiff" we had with OS has been patched uP?

Big pickup kid is going to be a stud!!!

BTW: what do you guys think? Does this shutdown RB recruiting for the year? I was hoping we'd take (2) but have heard all along only taking (1).
Not at all we will still be recruiting RB hard...We will bring in 2 this class!

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Greene will get first look at WR, but he's an ATH. Wouldn't surprise me as a Safety.

We will be taking two RBs if we can get either Harris or Brown. Those are the top two targets right now. Coleman is more of a scat back, who can line up at WR in some formations, and will see alot of time on special teams as a returner. If we can get one of the two other guys, that's a great combination for us.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really like Harris size and the Brown Diggs conection is nice also, but if some of these top tier guys dont work out - i really like chavell atkins (sp?).

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on Holmes either. Holmes and Coleman could be a hell of a combination. Holmes is the power to Coleman's speed. He will be a steal for us. I would not be shocked to see him press for playing time this season., although a redshirt year would not suck.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anybody that's seen Coleman, who does he compare to? Seems like similar size to Noel Devine, or possibly Mike Imoh. Just curious what you guys think.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Imoh's a good comparison. He's also is like Sproles or Jones-Drew. He's a guy that has a fantastic first step and great initial burst. He's also a weapon in the passing game as well.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Another thing about coleman is even though he's on the small side he doesnt play like it. What i mean is that a lot of the smaller "scat" back type guys like to shimmy and shake and get nowhere, coleman has plenty of shimmy and shake but also isnt afraid to lower his head for the tough yards either.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the insight guys. This is as jacked as I've been about recruiting in a long time. Let's keep this momentum going.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. ive been looking at the virginia tech forum for a while now and i figured i would join so i could get in on the discussion.

In regards to JC Coleman, i think he's going to be pretty solid. not saying that i think he is going to be better than keith marshall, but after watching their highlight videos, i really don't think there is that much of a difference. he's small, but big deal; size doesn't matter much until the NFL. the only thing that worries me is that he played at Oscar Smith so some of his stats and videos might have benefited from the fact that they are ALWAYS good

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. ive been looking at the virginia tech forum for a while now and i figured i would join so i could get in on the discussion.

In regards to JC Coleman, i think he's going to be pretty solid. not saying that i think he is going to be better than keith marshall, but after watching their highlight videos, i really don't think there is that much of a difference. he's small, but big deal; size doesn't matter much until the NFL. the only thing that worries me is that he played at Oscar Smith so some of his stats and videos might have benefited from the fact that they are ALWAYS good

Welcome aboard sir. Always good to have more Hokies on here. Can't say I'm much of a talent evaluator, but Coleman looks pretty daggone good in the video I linked above.