• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like these Oscar Smith kids are getting great advice about college from their high school head coach. :rolleyes2:

i understand that there will be some kids in every class that just arent "VT kids" or just really want to go OOS, but somebody should be showing these kids that VT puts tons of Va talent in the nfl and most are around 3* kids when they leave HS.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand that there will be some kids in every class that just arent "VT kids" or just really want to go OOS, but somebody should be showing these kids that VT puts tons of Va talent in the nfl and most are around 3* kids when they leave HS.

Maybe that person is Shane now. I mean if he can help bring the talent he did into Cock country, Lord knows what he can do with VT.

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so word on any other visits coming up/others that have visited?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heard there were some recruits at the scrimmage yesterday (possibility of a RB from Penn being in attendance) anyone know which recruits were there?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heard there were some recruits at the scrimmage yesterday (possibility of a RB from Penn being in attendance) anyone know which recruits were there?

Drew Harris was there and absolutely loved it. He has us in his top two now, but a decision won't be made anytime soon.

There were a few other prospects, some 2013 guys and a 2012 Philly prospect.

Also, heard that TE Josh Parris out of GA would commit to us if we offer.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Drew Harris was there and absolutely loved it. He has us in his top two now, but a decision won't be made anytime soon.

Is Josh Parris really on our radar right now? I have not heard much about him but he has a decent offer sheet, has he camped at VT?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Who are we competing with for Harris? Who is his recruiter?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is Josh Parris really on our radar right now? I have not heard much about him but he has a decent offer sheet, has he camped at VT?

Yeah i think VT is "aware" of him, but pretty sure he doesnt have an offer yet. I think he has a visit scheduled and coaches prob want to give him the "eyeball" test before offering.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Who are we competing with for Harris? Who is his recruiter?

Harris already has offers from everywhere: SEC, Big 10, ACC, Big East, from what im hearing right now he really likes VT, pitt, and rutgers, but when recruiting really get going this kid is going to BLOW UP!! I would expect 25-30 offers+ for Harris. Im really glad VT made a great first impression because imo Harris is the top RB that VT has a legitimate shot with.

SIDENOTE: A guy that i really like is Chavell Atkins out of Portsmouth. His film doesnt WOW:shocked:you and he will prob only end up a 3* but he seems to be a solid RB who is hard to tackle, plays with instinct, and has the open field speed (4.43) to bust one + @ 6'0" 200#'s already, imo he has a better "frame" than a lot of the other backs on our target board.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I dont know what Tenn's depth chart or recruiting board looks like @ safety/CB so i dont know if they plan to offer, but from what i hear they would instantly be #1 on Joshua Holsey's list. Sounds like a lot of people who are close to Holsey really liked the way Tenn handled Eric Berry and are pushing him that way. <---- :sorry:Hate to bring the bad news and i hope this turns out to be completely false, but the guy i heard this from is usually spot on.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what Tenn's depth chart or recruiting board looks like @ safety/CB so i dont know if they plan to offer, but from what i hear they would instantly be #1 on Joshua Holsey's list. Sounds like a lot of people who are close to Holsey really liked the way Tenn handled Eric Berry and are pushing him that way. <---- :sorry:Hate to bring the bad news and i hope this turns out to be completely false, but the guy i heard this from is usually spot on.

That's great all and if the kid wants to go there, but somebody needs to point out that was like three coaching staffs ago. Seriously.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's great all and if the kid wants to go there, but somebody needs to point out that was like three coaching staffs ago. Seriously.

Thats kinda what i thought also??? But after looking around a little bit, I found out that this is really no big secret. From what i gather he and berry are pretty close and berry wants him @ Tenn. FWIW though the guy seems pretty high on VT and you have to think that playing for TG is a pretty big draw.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats kinda what i thought also??? But after looking around a little bit, I found out that this is really no big secret. From what i gather he and berry are pretty close and berry wants him @ Tenn. FWIW though the guy seems pretty high on VT and you have to think that playing for TG is a pretty big draw.

Well, hopefully we can still pull him in. And if not, at least DB seems to be an area where we always land great prospects.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our staff needs to save this article and show it to any recruit considering UNC. How any kid signs with that slimeball staff is beyond me.

"Simmons signed with North Carolina, but a few days later defensive line coach Brian Baker left to become an assistant coach with the Dallas Cowboys. Ward said Baker was probably the main reason Simmons chose North Carolina over Texas Tech, USC and Pitt in the first place. Baker had many years of experience at the NFL level.

"[Baker] had just come out of the NFL after 15 years and with that [the NFL] being a goal of Delvon's, that was real important to him," Ward said. "There were rumors a couple days before signing date that [Baker] was leaving. We called North Carolina and asked and were assured that wasn't true. Then a couple days after signing date, he in fact did leave."

Did Simmons feel deceived by Tar Heels? ..... Other notes

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok so I figure I do something fun and do a little early mock class of guys we have a chance on and how many we'll take at a position (in bold are guys I think we end up with):

QB (1-2): Millweard (commit), Motley
We already have Millweard (who is a big get despite the lack of offers-definitely better than any QB prospect in VA the last two years), but we also have a good chance at Motley. He is a local kid, but he may elect to get away from VA or play basketball.

RB (1-2): Brown, Harris, Coleman
Ideally, we take two. All are high on VT and have made a recent trip or are making one soon. Coleman may be the closest to deciding, but all may elect to wait it out.

WR (2-3): Diggs, Caleb, Frye
Again, all are high on VT. Diggs is a little hard to read. He likes VT, has strong connections to VT, and is visiting soon, but can go anywhere he wants, which may be in the state of Florida. Hopefully we can make an impression and a connection with all the familiar faces near him. Caleb is the best player in VA, obviously, and looks great as a WR. Him and Frye are good WR who could see immediately playing time. Both are Hokie leans, in the early stages I'd say.

TE (1-2): Jackson (commit)
We would take two here, but Jackson is a solid prospect, so probably one take one. Another guy who is looking for an offer is Josh Parris and could be a possibility.

OL (3-5): Miles-Redmond, Homer, Stadnick Brothers, etc.
I'm hearing the number is closer to 3 than 5, but its early with OL offers. We will see more come camp time so the number may change. All of the guys mentioned have a chance at VT, more so with Miles-Redmond and Homer, but I'm not as confident with them as other guys. The Stadnick brothers may play here, but that seems if they decide to play together. If they do play together, it looks like a battle between us and USC-e right now. Brock may elect to play elsewhere though. Again, this position is impossible to assess right now because the offers will go up in June/July.

DE (2-4): Hamilton, Ekanem, Kirven
These three are the strongest to commit to VT. The later two especially. Hamilton could be the jewel on the defensive side and his ties to VT give us a great chance to land the 5 star. There are others who could commit, namely Spence, Wynn or some of the GA/southern school kids, but I feel that these three have the best chance right now.

DT (2-3): Smith, Day, Baron
Smith and Baron are almost Hokie locks, especially Smith since they have family ties to VT. Day is big time and is entertaining the big time offers. His buddy Harley is here at VT to help push him in our direction, but he loves Michigan and is looking at schools. VT is in good position, but so is the rest of the field.

LB (2-4): McKinnon (commit), Clarke, Edmunds
VT already landed a sleeper pick in McKinnon, who might have blown up (especially if he was well to play at the 7-on-7 last month). Clarke is another guy who looks to be a Hokie lean. The third spot is hard to figure out, since I think we take three. I would think it could come from Blue, Edmunds, Moore, Sealand or Eligwe. Eligwe seems set on a few school ahead of VT, especially FSU and Florida. Blue is waiting on a Florida offer, in which case he would be all but gone. Sealand is a strong possibility, as are Moore and Edmunds. Edmunds is looking at MD and UNC, while Moore has UNC and UVA as the biggest competition. I don't think either ends up at UNC, but I've said that before and it didn't turn out so well. I picked Edmunds because he was impressed with VT on his last visit and has visited more than the other two at the moment. Any of the three could be possibilities.

DB (4-5): Tookes (commit), Manning (commit), Holsey, Crawley, Riley
So far so great. Tookes and Manning are fantastic pickups this early and are two guys we hope to hold on to. Crawley and Riley are high on VT and could easily end up here. Holsey likes VT, but likes Auburn as well. Tennessee could sneak in there too. I think he ends up at Auburn right now, but VT is going after him hard. One guy to watch is Yuri Wright, but I don't think we land him right now.

Athlete (1-2): Greene
I think we could take Greene, Prosise, or Jones here. Most likely it will be Greene who would play either safety or wide receiver.

And thankfully I don't see any kicker or punter receiving a scholarship with Journell and Branthover having one.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What is the deal with Tenn moving in on Tookes? I hope he stays a VT commit...

They offered because they offered Holsey. Both went to the same HS are Berry. I read they aren't pursuing if he is committed to VT, but who knows with the slime of the SEC.