• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cyrus jones has eliminated auburn. its just alabama and us

That seems to be where he was headed so that is great for us..

Somewhat OT but, I wonder what is going on down there at Auburn? The O coord leaves for Arky St. (not a terrible move IMO) and the D coord. Roof takes a lateral move to UCF???? Sounds like they may know something we don't.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be where he was headed so that is great for us..

Somewhat OT but, I wonder what is going on down there at Auburn? The O coord leaves for Arky St. (not a terrible move IMO) and the D coord. Roof takes a lateral move to UCF???? Sounds like they may know something we don't.

Sounded like I said he was going to Auburn, meant to say it sounds expected to come down to us and bama for jones

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cyrus Jones from ESP Article -
Virginia Tech has long been the quiet contender, even before Jones took his official visit there in September.

The Hokies have been in the running for Jones partly because of friendships. Jones knows several players from the Baltimore area on Virginia Tech's roster and his good friend, J.C. Coleman from Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith, is committed there.

"Me and J.C. have become pretty good friends," Jones said. "We talk often. Of course he's always in my ear. He's kind of sly with it. He just kind of puts his two cents in every now and then. It's not really a big push from him."

Tech seems to offer something other schools don't, at least in Jones' mind.

"It's a great academic school not only a strong football institution," Jones said. "That's why they're still around, offering the best of both worlds."

Prospect Cyrus Jones has his choice but doesn't show his cards - ESPN

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know when during the game he will announce? I don't want to miss it...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know when during the game he will announce? I don't want to miss it...

They typically will either post to the website and/or run it at the bottom of the screen during the game to tell the audience what time individual players are going to commit to their respective schools. Alot of commits on TV during these All Star games (UA/AA).

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm feeling like we have a good shot at Cyrus Jones.... He says in a previous interview that Bama is #1 on his list and VT is #2. Then he says in this interview that he would be upset if any of his close friends leaked out where he was going. Sounds like he wants to surprise people, but reading into recruits' interviews is usually a waste of time haha. Just gives me something to look forward to watching.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm feeling like we have a good shot at Cyrus Jones.... He says in a previous interview that Bama is #1 on his list and VT is #2. Then he says in this interview that he would be upset if any of his close friends leaked out where he was going. Sounds like he wants to surprise people, but reading into recruits' interviews is usually a waste of time haha. Just gives me something to look forward to watching.
I would bet its Bama (Even though they have some killer WR and DBs on the board already) but I have been wrong before

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has made his decision. I hope that he ends up a Hokie but Alabama is a hell of an offer and program. We will know soon enough. Closing on these guys is going to be key this year and is where we have been disappointed in the past. Hopefully, Shane has had some say in the process now and can get our guys to close like he did at USC.

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jones: The writing is on the wall and I believe he ends up a Hokie! I also think we get Caleb (been a Hokie) and Kirven. Ekanem is the toss up but I believe he will be a Hokie! Call me optimistic but I like our chances!

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“I was real impressed by Virginia Tech,” said Jones, who is being recruited by Tech as a slot receiver. “I think it has everything I’m looking for in a school. It’s a matter of me talking it over with my family and trying to make the best decision.”
- collegiate times sept 2011

"It's definitely going to be hard but I feel as though if a coach truly cares about you as he says he does then he'll respect any decision you make and just know that you're trying to do the best thing for yourself and your family," Jones said. "It's going to be hard saying 'No' but I feel as if they'll understand."
-Espn jan 2012

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are optimistic..... and I like it ;)

I like it too! I'm kinda with VTFF in his predicition of where we will end up though. 2 sounds like a great number when considering these 4. 3 would be outstAnding. All 4?? Well I'm not really sure how Much more excited you could be 4 a class if that happened. By the rankings, looks like this may be out best (or close to) class ever. That is without any of these guys.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like our chances with Caleb and Kirven. I have said it before and I'll say it again, those guys are as close to VT locks as I've seen. They may not go to VT, but that would be very surprising to me.

I like our chances with both Ekanem and Jones, moreso with Ekanem. Being form the area, I've heard great things with VT and Ekanem. Jones is the one I feel the least optimistic about, but he may surprise us.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have any verbals or recruits announcing at the post-season all-star games?

Did I miss those already? New Year's Day being on a Sunday really fucked up my schedule. Wasn't the Army All-American game always on the 1st?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do we have any verbals or recruits announcing at the post-season all-star games?

Did I miss those already? New Year's Day being on a Sunday really fucked up my schedule. Wasn't the Army All-American game always on the 1st?

The Semper Fi Bowl is today/tonight and Donaldven Manning is playing in it. It will be televised on CBS Sports.

The Under Armour Bowl is on Thursday on ESPN. Cyrus Jones is playing in it and will announce between us and Alabama. Many feel Alabama is the team to beat. Korren Kirven is not playing in the game after getting hurt in the playoffs.

The Army Bowl is Saturday at 1pm on NBC. Joel Caleb will not play. We do not have anyone else playing in that game that has committed or is a possiblity to commit.