• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed EvanG... that's exactly why I feel good about Jones. There is a traffic jam at reciever for Alabama and with the potential to play immediately at Tech I don't doubt that it is atleast a factor.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I felt worse then because that was flat out embarrassing. I thought we could compete and they just crushed us. While it sucks to lose a game we should have won, at least rational fans can't talk shit to us.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed EvanG... that's exactly why I feel good about Jones. There is a traffic jam at reciever for Alabama and with the potential to play immediately at Tech I don't doubt that it is atleast a factor.
I am about 90% positive that Jones will go to Bama but I have been wrong before...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to twitter Cyrus Jones has informed the coaches of his decision already.... still BAMA bound IMO

I can understand wanting to play for a title which you'll probably get at Bama, but with all the WR's already committed, I just don't get the decision. He could easily end up like Sims and not see the field. Just seems like a kid like this could have a better chance at immediate playing time and being a star at VT.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to recruiting, you guys know way more than me - but what about Wes Brown? Isn't he also deciding tonight at the UA game? I think it is between Miami, MD, VT and Vandy right?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to recruiting, you guys know way more than me - but what about Wes Brown? Isn't he also deciding tonight at the UA game? I think it is between Miami, MD, VT and Vandy right?

Vandy

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some follow up on Deloatch: Deloatch has qualified due to his recent SAT scores, however that is only one hurdle, he will still have to be able to be accepted into which ever school he selects (hopefully VT). At this point in time he does not have a solid offer, the coaches are very interested and were keeping in touch with him very frequently before the dead period. After his last 2 games of the State Finals his recruitment really picked up, don't think that VT is the only school going after him, however I think if VT offers we are in the drivers seat. UNC is apparently talking with him and Cincinnati has been on him for a while.

He will be learning more on his official visit to VT on the weekend of Jan. 20th. With Jones picking Bama tonight I could see the coaches offering Deloatch prior to his visit if they think it is necessary. There is still a very good chance that he could prep due to VTs admissions standards. The feel that I have heard around the Hampton area is that he is very excited at the idea of getting a full offer from VT however he knows that he has to work very hard to get it.

We should know something more in the next few weeks. For those of you that have not seen him play he is big (listed around 6'4") and he is tight, probably 220lbs with some strong hands. He is not a burner like Knowles or Lockhart, think of him like Boykin. If he gets a shot at VT he will be a possession receiver and will be a major mismatch for any opposing DB or LB (just ask Devin VanDyke about the State Finals). I hope that VT can land him but there are some hold ups but we should know more soon...

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trey Edmunds is VaPreps Single A Player of the Year.
Who knew that he is only 16!!!!

Trey Edmunds told VirginiaPreps.com "I was honored and ecstatic when my parents told me I had been selected as the Single A Offensive Player of the Year. I knew it was a tough decision since there were so many other good Single A football players, never the less I am excited and I count it as a blessing that I am the one selected. My reflections on this past season include being grateful to have a injury free season, privileged to play along side a great bunch of guys including my younger brother (Terrell), thrilled to have played in my first football playoff game as well as playing in three playoff games which resulted in a first in the school's history, and making my dad proud during my last season of high school football. My plans for the future include preparing myself physically and mentally for Virginia Tech, academically as well as athletically, setting high goals for myself and achieving them and just trying to be the best that I can be. My favorite quote and what I try to live by is 'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure'."

Free link to the article - VirginiaPreps.com - Edmunds named Offensive Player of the Year

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A little off-topic, but I disagree that the Michigan loss should make us feel worse than the Stanford loss. Va Tech dominated, and had some seriously bad breaks, but it was obvious that Va Tech won on the field, and that the defense was solid.

This bodes well for next year, if Va Tech can put together a solid offensive line, and get some good receivers in place.

I wouldn't mind a change in offensive play calling, but I suppose that's just too much to hope for.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's going on with Greene?

I saw on that "other site" that his plans have changed somehow? Since I don't have access to that paid site, I'll have to wait for some public info to come out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on with Greene?

I saw on that "other site" that his plans have changed somehow? Since I don't have access to that paid site, I'll have to wait for some public info to come out.

That article is a week late on the info. Evan posted here that he would. It be an early enrollee. That's the only news. He is still 100% Hokie.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I tweeted about it a few weeks ago when the news came out on TSL. He cant enroll early but will be enrolling for the first summer session