• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recruiting part of the program was not in that bad a shape. There is certainly not this big difference that 247 and alot of kool-aid drinkers claim. In fact, Groh had more 4 stars in 2009 than London will get this year.

IMO you had fine recruits but didn't do ch!t after that. I was a HUGE Vic Hall proponent at the time for VT and UVA got him and did absolutely nothing with him. Hall was a better QB than UVA had for nearly the entire time he played there. Biggest waste of talent I've seen by a school in quite sometime.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wrong

UVA's recruiting issues have nothing to do with Groh and everything to do with the V on their helmets. When you have a losing streak to Duke (snapped this year! Celebrate!), you have to resort to using faith, race, youth, playing time, potential, etc.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA's recruiting issues have nothing to do with Groh and everything to do with the V on their helmets. When you have a losing streak to Duke (snapped this year! Celebrate!), you have to resort to using faith, race, youth, playing time, potential, etc.

Nothing to do with Groh? Wasn't he the coach for 2 of the 3 losses, as well as the one that brought in the players for the 3rd loss?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Since this has became the bullshit with jeffro thead today:

Hey Jeffro, VTFF brings up a great point about Vic Hall. I know he was a little short, i think 5'9" or so out of HS, but do you have any other insight as to why he never played QB @ whoVa?

I watched hall twice live while he was in HS and caught his highlights every friday, he started to blow up as a soph and being from union hall im sure you remember how much hype he had in HS. He was a freak of a QB and i really expected him to be a HUGE cfb player. Then you guys played him @ QB like twice in his career.

BTW for those who dont know, hall broke about every QB record there is while in HS. I know it was single A (or actually i think gretna was 2A while hall was there, :noidea: ) but those were also single A WR's and linemen.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this has became the bullshit with jeffro thead today:

Hey Jeffro, VTFF brings up a great point about Vic Hall. I know he was a little short, i think 5'9" or so out of HS, but do you have any other insight as to why he never played QB @ whoVa?

I watched hall twice live while he was in HS and caught his highlights every friday, he started to blow up as a soph and being from union hall im sure you remember how much hype he had in HS. He was a freak of a QB and i really expected him to be a HUGE cfb player. Then you guys played him @ QB like twice in his career.

BTW for those who dont know, hall broke about every QB record there is while in HS. I know it was single A (or actually i think gretna was 2A while hall was there, :noidea: ) but those were also single A WR's and linemen.

It's no secret why Hall didn't play QB @ UVa. Groh was a fucking dumbass and was set out to prove that he thought Hall was a better DB that a QB. The only reason Groh gave Hall a shot at QB was because we had nothing to lose when he made his first career QB start against VT. Groh was desperate at that point in the season and that was his only option to buy himself another year. Then, the following season we brought in an OC who wanted to run the spread when we clearly didn't have players capable of doing that, and thus Vic Hall was put back on the defensive side of the ball. Vic Hall could have made Denard Robinson look like a chump if Groh would have let him do this thing.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Vic Hall could have made Denard Robinson look like a chump if Groh would have let him do this thing.

exactly who i was going to compare him to.

FWIW i just figured there had to be some other reason why he wasnt given a legit shot at QB. I thought maybe he had probs with the playbook or something like that.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
385470_267613963296058_100001423681351_720279_1618010099_n.jpg
Donaldven Manning is sporting some new ink...

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Soft

So much for Manning being a "soft" commit... Though that looks like Sharpie. I guess he didn't drink the Miami or 'Bama Kool-Aid after all. C. Jones and Lockhart should take note.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So much for Manning being a "soft" commit... Though that looks like Sharpie. I guess he didn't drink the Miami or 'Bama Kool-Aid after all. C. Jones and Lockhart should take note.

My first thought also, but im pretty sure its not marker - looks below the skin to me idk.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
HW- at second glance, you're right. That's what I get for having my largest piece on my back where I can't see it.

46- Confident in Coach Gray, sure... But it was widely reported he was looking around. Apparently, plenty of folks thought he could be swayed: FLA, Fl St, LSU, Bama, Neb, MIA, UNC, Rutgers, Aub, TX Tech...

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
HW- at second glance, you're right. That's what I get for having my largest piece on my back where I can't see it.

46- Confident in Coach Gray, sure... But it was widely reported he was looking around. Apparently, plenty of folks thought he could be swayed: FLA, Fl St, LSU, Bama, Neb, MIA, UNC, Rutgers, Aub, TX Tech...

It was only being reported by those schools that he was looking around, but everyone in the VT circle knew that we had nothing to worry about. He was upfront about it since he committed and never wavered. Just enjoying the process.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first thought also, but im pretty sure its not marker - looks below the skin to me idk.

It looks "under skin" to me. Whoever did it was an amateur (to put it nicely). Glad to see he is fully committed now. You guys said he was a Hokie thru and thru..you were right.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD annual VA top 25

Time for Doughty's Christmas Edition of the top 25. This looks pretty much like the rest just move them around a spot or two. Top two are Harold (1) and Caleb (2).

Some tidbits...

"The only concern with Harold is whether he will stay academically eligible. He admits that his grades slipped during the 2010-11 school year" due to some personal troubles (family members passing away, etc.). "All that's left is the [standardized] test," Harold said. "I felt pretty good after the last time I took it, but I'm still waiting for the score." DOH! VTFF has been haggling you for months about this jeffro, Whats your comeback?(Merry Christmas by the way):ss:

"Ekanem joins Caleb and Brookville defensive tackle Korren Kirven, the No. 7-rated player on the list, as the only uncommitted players in the Top 25. All three have Virginia Tech on their list of finalists, raising the possibility that the Hokies could sign as many as 13 players off the Top 25. Virginia, still listed by Kirven among the schools he is considering but not viewed as a front-runner, has taken commitments from eight Top 25 players."

Usually he has the top 100 as well as 25-30 of the top juniors, but it doesn't look like that list is online. Should be in the paper version tomorrow morning.

Virginia's Top 25 football players: Marquee prospect 'simply dominant'

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Doughty's Christmas Edition of the top 25. This looks pretty much like the rest just move them around a spot or two. Top two are Harold (1) and Caleb (2).

Some tidbits...

"The only concern with Harold is whether he will stay academically eligible. He admits that his grades slipped during the 2010-11 school year" due to some personal troubles (family members passing away, etc.). "All that's left is the [standardized] test," Harold said. "I felt pretty good after the last time I took it, but I'm still waiting for the score." DOH! VTFF has been haggling you for months about this jeffro, Whats your comeback?

He has? I don't remember seeing anything about it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not directly at you?? (too lazy to look) but taking shots at Harold's GPA/Studies. That would suck for the top recruit in VA to have to prep...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other notable names from the RT top VA players (for those of you who don't subscribe or are out of area).

Sleeper of the year--Jerome Wright
25) A. Smith
27) S. Dooley
28) Divante Walker
34) Dockins
35) Taraschke
36) Conte
37) Deloatch
38) Wahee