• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if its already been said but ML offered another 757 kid (0 star RB from Salem HS) in order to try and land his QB friend, Bucky Hodges. What sleeze.

snicker snicker

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, does Jamie Oakes and 247 defend him? I'm sure he just moved up to Top 10 status on their site.:bj:

You honestly think that Beamer & co. have never offered someone before just to get to another higher profile recruit? Really?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think that Beamer & co. have never offered someone before just to get to another higher profile recruit? Really?

Unless you can prove me wrong, no. Evidence by Wahee this year.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you can prove me wrong, no. Evidence by Wahee this year.

2003. DJ Parker. Besides the VT offer, how many other schools offered him? Convenient that he attended the same HS as Adibi?

2003. Jon Fulton. Beside the VT offer, how many other schools offered him?
Convenient that he attended the same HS as Kenny Lewis?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2003. DJ Parker. Besides the VT offer, how many other schools offered him? Convenient that he attended the same HS as Adibi?

DJ Parker started as a Freshman. Hard to use him as an example.

Jon Fulton didn't even sign a LOI to play football at VT and he got drafted (MLB) in the 3rd round by the Marlins. And Kenny Lewis was only a 3 star. Try again.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ Parker started as a Freshman. Hard to use him as an example.

Jon Fulton didn't even sign a LOI to play football at VT and he got drafted (MLB) in the 3rd round by the Marlins. And Kenny Lewis was only a 3 star. Try again.

Thanks for proving my point. Now it's your turn to try and prove that London offered Walker just to get an "in" with another recruit.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks for proving my point. Now it's your turn to try and prove that London offered Walker just to get an "in" with another recruit.
It was rumored in the 757 for a while. Walker can play pretty well but no one came knocking. Like I said, it is just a rumor, but it is pretty prevelant down here that he was offered to get an in with Bucky.

BTW I believe VT did offer Branden Hill as a package deal with Marcus Vick but that was the last time Beamer did it, hence why VT did not offer Wahee to get the NC boys (Which is smart because Wahee is not D1 material and I have seen him in person)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You do realize that Adibi's brother had just finished up @ VT when he came in right?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Adibi's brother had just finished up @ VT when he came in right?

Yes, but Adibi also had an impressive offer list and could have went anywhere he wanted to. If someone picks a school just because their friend is going there, that's their own stupidity.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was rumored in the 757 for a while. Walker can play pretty well but no one came knocking. Like I said, it is just a rumor, but it is pretty prevelant down here that he was offered to get an in with Bucky.

BTW I believe VT did offer Branden Hill as a package deal with Marcus Vick but that was the last time Beamer did it, hence why VT did not offer Wahee to get the NC boys (Which is smart because Wahee is not D1 material and I have seen him in person)

I was thinking Branden Hill was one of the package deals, but I wasn't sure. It happens in all of college football, I don't know why vt_football_fan can't accept that it's just a part of recruiting.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yes, but Adibi also had an impressive offer list and could have went anywhere he wanted to. If someone picks a school just because their friend is going there, that's their own stupidity.

Lots of our recruits have "impressive offer list" so thats kind of a moot point.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Branden Hill was one of the package deals, but I wasn't sure. It happens in all of college football, I don't know why vt_football_fan can't accept that it's just a part of recruiting.

Not so Jeffro. You don't see the top schools like VT, Bama, LSU pulling these stunts. It is only lesser schools that are desperate for talent that try these tactics. Our staff feels that scholarships are very valuable and to be used wisely only on recruits that could potentially play. If Mike London wants to piss his away, so be it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so Jeffro. You don't see the top schools like VT, Bama, LSU pulling these stunts. It is only lesser schools that are desperate for talent that try these tactics. Our staff feels that scholarships are very valuable and to be used wisely only on recruits that could potentially play. If Mike London wants to piss his away, so be it.

Are you seriously comparing VT recruiting to the likes of Alabama and LSU? Really?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously comparing VT recruiting to the likes of Alabama and LSU? Really?

None of the three (VT,LSU,Bama) offer kids that they don't think can contribute in some way. All have a luxury of being able to pick the kids they want. Some stats for you:

VT offered roughly 100 scholarships this year. Of that 100, 27 committed. So we will say about 25% of offers are commits for VT. That says a lot about being able to pick and the quality of a VT offer has to these kids. Nearly all had UVA offers and/or offers from other very good programs.

On the flip side, UVA offered over 150 scholarships this year! Of that 150, 25 committed, or 16%. That says a lot about UVA throwing out offers and the value (or lack of) recruits put on a UVA offer. Not only that but for 6 out of that 25, UVA was their only D1 offer.

So in short, yes there are more similarities with VT being able to pick who they want and conserve scholarships like the Big Dogs, than UVa.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the three (VT,LSU,Bama) offer kids that they don't think can contribute in some way. All have a luxury of being able to pick the kids they want. Some stats for you:

VT offered roughly 100 scholarships this year. Of that 100, 27 committed. So we will say about 25% of offers are commits for VT. That says a lot about being able to pick and the quality of a VT offer has to these kids. Nearly all had UVA offers and/or offers from other very good programs.

On the flip side, UVA offered over 150 scholarships this year! Of that 150, 25 committed, or 16%. That says a lot about UVA throwing out offers and the value (or lack of) recruits put on a UVA offer. Not only that but for 6 out of that 25, UVA was their only D1 offer.

So in short, yes there are more similarities with VT being able to pick who they want and conserve scholarships like the Big Dogs, than UVa.

You are also conveniently forgetting where this program was just 2-3 years ago. Groh had ruined our "ins" with the state's high school coaches, and we were having to go outside of Va to try and get recruits. Of course that means that London has to unpractical recruiting tactics to try and reel in recruits. London isn't doing anything that others haven't done in the past.