• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe so. The NCAA added 4 scholarships to be taken away from the 5 OSU self imposed.

Well it's 9 total for 3 years, meaning they would have 82 scholarships available for the next three years (so 3 per year). I thought it was 9 per year, but I was too optimistic.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have a Bowl ban or Postseason ban? Meaning can they go to the B1GCG?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He won't be playing at VT. Could not qualify.

damn i hate that. I know he wasnt a highly recruited guy but i followed him through the newspaper when he was in HS and always thought he had a lot of potential. :(

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doubt there's time to replace him with an early enrollee, but does this give us an extra slot for this year?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does, however we are relatively full as it is and are grey-shirting a few people. I wouldn't be shocked to see us toss out a late offer to a lineman, or a kid from Atlantic HS in Florida.

Welcome to the board, BTW! How did you find us?

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We've done well with the Atlantic boys, even the two late offers last year. I follow EGW (and likely more) on Twitter. Tweets and Kyle Tucker (RIP) were my Hokies sanity check when I was in Iraq this year.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN Insider:

If there was any crack in the door of opportunity for Ohio State to land Cyrus Jones, it seems to have been closed for good.

The four-star athlete prospect from Baltimore (Md.) Gilman isn't likely to take an official visit to Columbus before he announces his college decision on Jan. 5 at the Under Armour All-America Game, according to his father.

“I think we are done with visits at this point,” Cyrus Jones Sr. said.

Some close to Jones thought the nation's 33rd highest-rated prospect might take an official to Ohio State last weekend after newly-hired coach Urban Meyer made a strong push for the 5-foot-10, 180-pound senior.

That didn't happen – and apparently no future visit to Ohio is in the works. The Jones family still has that option to take more visits, although Jones' time frame seems to be working against such a move, especially with the holidays coming up.

The family has only taken three official visits: Virginia Tech, Alabama and Auburn. The NCAA allows five official, paid visits for all prospects.

While Auburn is certainly a finalist, Alabama and Virginia Tech seem to have the strongest pulls. Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban has made recruiting Jones a top priority and Jones spoke glowingly about his visit to Tuscaloosa in October.

As for Tech, Jones' good friend, running back J.C. Coleman from Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith, is committed to the Hokies. In September, Jones took his first official visit to college at Blacksburg.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not worried about losing chris hall if indeed he cant qualify. we have plenty of youth at the tight end position with malleck, redman, and maybe reeves, not to mention eric martin.