• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be either but we are pretty loaded at TE right now with youg guys, so I would expect to see him at a WR spot initially.

After next year, we will have:

Knowles, Asante, Smiling, Fuller, Reeves and the guys from this class on board, only and we play a lot of 3 receiver sets with O'Cain making calls.

He could end up over at TE depending on how he progresses and how big he gets though, and who else we get.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 46, I realize this isn't recruiting related, but your last post made me think of something. When we brought Cornell and Shane Beamer on board, there was a lot of talk about waiting a year and bringing in Friedgen. Do you think that ship has sailed, or is that still a possibility?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ship has sailed....coaches are pretty happy with Stiney and O'Cain right now....as they should be....

I will reserve any judgement until after the bowl game. I still haven't seen improvement to where we show up offensively for BIG time games. And if Beamer wants to REALLY win a NC - something may have to happen here. IF we win the Michigan game than I think O'Cain will have solidified himself as a true OC.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the specifics but I would imagine its a prep offer, just a hunch...

Great news on Deloatch!! I have heard many of you rave about him on SportsHoopla. Haven't had a chance to see him play but sounds like he has been blowing it up all year. Who else is in the running for him, I have seen Cinci, Marshall, ECU, Temple, VT and possibly UNC?? Seems like we would have a good shot when compared to those schools.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ship has sailed....coaches are pretty happy with Stiney and O'Cain right now....as they should be....

Thanks. I was just wondering if you'd heard something. I'll agree that the offense has been much improved this year. Next year could be far more telling though with so many new starters on the OL and potentially without Wilson and without the top two leading WRs in school history.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will reserve any judgement until after the bowl game. I still haven't seen improvement to where we show up offensively for BIG time games. And if Beamer wants to REALLY win a NC - something may have to happen here. IF we win the Michigan game than I think O'Cain will have solidified himself as a true OC.

We had a damn good offensive 2010 season as well.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great news on Deloatch!! I have heard many of you rave about him on SportsHoopla. Haven't had a chance to see him play but sounds like he has been blowing it up all year. Who else is in the running for him, I have seen Cinci, Marshall, ECU, Temple, VT and possibly UNC?? Seems like we would have a good shot when compared to those schools.
We have a great shot, he is happy according to his facebook but who knows...

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Deloatch's recruiting video and it's hilarious how small he makes the defensive backs look. I swear on one play, he must have had an entire foot on the guy

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just watched Deloatch's recruiting video and it's hilarious how small he makes the defensive backs look. I swear on one play, he must have had an entire foot on the guy
He would be a great possession received if he can get qualified in time to see the field, if not he will be the next Todd Nolan...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT has extended a walk-on offer to Dustin Waynick, WR, Hurley High (Buchanan Co.) 6'7",195lbs, 4.66s-40. With that size would make for a huge TE, Red-Zone threat. Seems a bit undersized to bump up to OL:amen:

Anyone have a short list of walk-ons we have offered???

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT has extended a walk-on offer to Dustin Waynick, WR, Hurley High (Buchanan Co.) 6'7",195lbs, 4.66s-40. With that size would make for a huge TE, Red-Zone threat. Seems a bit undersized to bump up to OL:amen:

Sounds like he will be good practice for our CBs defending jump balls.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I posted one a while ago, go back a few pages and you should see it

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if we will get him to come to VT, rumor has it he may go to a small school to play BBall...

Why go to college to play football when you can play basketball in college, then get drafted into the NFL? Better yet, why even bother being good at either sport when you can just get drafted by the saints and finish second out of tight ends for touchdowns scored?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why go to college to play football when you can play basketball in college, then get drafted into the NFL? Better yet, why even bother being good at either sport when you can just get drafted by the saints and finish second out of tight ends for touchdowns scored?
It will all come down to what he wants to do more, play BBall on scholarship or walk on and play FB...

rdubzya

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ohio state received a 1 year bowl ban. Hopefully this helps us with Caleb.