• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think that Brent Benedict will be able to start next fall? And is he allowed to participate in spring practices this year (not completely clear on the transfer restrictions)? I'm really hoping he can be a leader on the O-Line in the future.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be starting at one of the guard spots. he is allowed to work out in the Spring as far as I know. I see our line looking like this:

Painter-Wang-Miller-Benedict-Via
Shuman-Arkema-Farris-Gough-???

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will be starting at one of the guard spots. he is allowed to work out in the Spring as far as I know. I see our line looking like this:

Was thinking more along the lines of:
Becton-Benedict-Miller-Wang-Via
Shuman-Arkema-Farris-Gibson-Painter

Not sold on Becton...perhaps he, Via and Painter are interchangeable.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense guys, but I hope Benedict doesn't EVER play a single down.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure about Becton, right now. He and Acree are kind of the wild cards. Goins may step up as well.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to see Gibson starting at RT next year. He's been one of our few successes in recruiting high profile, NFL-type linemen recently. If He could play three solid seasons and Benedict could also live up to his reputation coming out of high school, perhaps we could step up our OL recruiting in the future

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No issue of Conte changing his mind about VT,

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I hope he heals and is ready to play.

He literally had a bad break. The fact that he had a disagreement with his trainers may just be that he needed more recovery time. With any luck, his body (and mind) are recovering, and he's ready to bring it. He won't be playing until he's ready.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would really like to see Gibson starting at RT next year. He's been one of our few successes in recruiting high profile, NFL-type linemen recently. If He could play three solid seasons and Benedict could also live up to his reputation coming out of high school, perhaps we could step up our OL recruiting in the future

Yes.

The OL is critical in college football these days, and VT needs all the help they can get there. A little depth of talent would go a long way in the case of an injury.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sure about Becton, right now. He and Acree are kind of the wild cards. Goins may step up as well.

I don't think there is any way Painter will move from a backup at RT who never got any playing time to our starter at LT. Sure you don't have Painter and Becton mixed up 46?

That's what I expect, though Wang will probably stay at LG. Hope Gibson and Shuman can get some playing time.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FWIW im pretty sure that benedict is already participating and without a doubt will be able to this spring. I think the transfer rule only applies to actually playing.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW im pretty sure that benedict is already participating and without a doubt will be able to this spring. I think the transfer rule only applies to actually playing.

Yup. Transfer rules state that you can practice and you can receive financial aid, but you cannot play for one year. Benedict has been playing on the scout team this fall.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not thrilled with Becton. I really don't like what I saw out of him this year. I just feel like Painter is going to break out big time next year.

The fact that Becton has split time with Lanier all year long tells me its his position to lose next year.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think that Brent Benedict will be able to start next fall? And is he allowed to participate in spring practices this year (not completely clear on the transfer restrictions)? I'm really hoping he can be a leader on the O-Line in the future.
I agree and think he may be a good one. IF his injury doesn't slow him down over the years I think he has a chance to be a true gem for us..was a HIGHLY touted recruit.

Sorry for your loss DAWGS

Ye he is, Said this awhile back but I will say it again, through some of my brother's people (booster) they said he was REALLY bringing it on the practice squad. I would look for him to be a starter NEXT year..

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not thrilled with Becton. I really don't like what I saw out of him this year. I just feel like Painter is going to break out big time next year.

Well I sure hope he does. He's certainly got the physical tools.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It appears that Lockhart was at UM again this weekend, however it does not appear that he is the one driving this train. It looks like him Mom wants him close to home and wants him at UM.