• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good News there!

Yes indeed. Although still an uphill battle with 'Bama, the longer it drags out, the better for VT IMO. Hopefully JC will continue to stay in his ear, and the fact that his family could make a daytrip from MD and see his home games and many of his away games (MD, UVA, Carolina schools, even BC??) with minimal travel and overnights will push him in our direction. I think at this point it would be a major disappointment (to me) if we whiffed on Jones AND Caleb.

Oh and welcome to the board T & B, rdub, and anyone else I am forgetting. We've had quite a few newcomers in the last coupla weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes indeed. Although still an uphill battle with 'Bama, the longer it drags out, the better for VT IMO. Hopefully JC will continue to stay in his ear, and the fact that his family could make a daytrip from MD and see his home games and many of his away games (MD, UVA, Carolina schools, even BC??) with minimal travel and overnights will push him in our direction. I think at this point it would be a major disappointment (to me) if we whiffed on Jones AND Caleb.

Oh and welcome to the board T & B, rdub, and anyone else I am forgetting. We've had quite a few newcomers in the last coupla weeks!
Once JC is on campus in January he needs to be the host of every official visit that comes through Blacksburg ;)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did Brian Kelly get him something nice for Christmas?
Do I think he ends up ultimately at VT, yes. I am just not as confident as I was. Oregon is starting to creep in the picture hard, plus giving ND the last visit before signing day is not good. He will not be able to get to Oregon before signing day on a visit because he will most likely not be able to fly after the surgery, but that doesn't mean they are not trying hard to get him.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for Lockhart, Manning, JC and Greene to arrive on campus in early January. That is a lot of firepower right there!

I can't wait for Manning, JC and Greene to arrive, and please god let Lockhart come with em!!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is very much in the race, as is ND. Like I said, I still think he becomes a Hokie in the end, but I am not as confident as I once was...

OT to the Ekanem story, but not on Oregon. I thought it was interesting that they had Kyle Long (Howie Long's son" from Charlottesville) commit to play OL there. I think he will have 2 years of eligibility.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if its already been said but ML offered another 757 kid (0 star RB from Salem HS) in order to try and land his QB friend, Bucky Hodges. What sleeze.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have faith that Hodges won't be swayed. If you grow up idolizing Vick, you don't go to UVA, unless you weren't a real fan

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have faith that Hodges won't be swayed. If you grow up idolizing Vick, you don't go to UVA, unless you weren't a real fan

The fan angle is always overblown with these kids. They root who they see on TV, but when it comes to recruiting, they're going to go where they feel the most love. A lot of times a kid will be a fan for said school and not go there. However, I think Hodges is VT's to beat because we have been showing him love for a long time now.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan angle is always overblown with these kids. They root who they see on TV, but when it comes to recruiting, they're going to go where they feel the most love. A lot of times a kid will be a fan for said school and not go there. However, I think Hodges is VT's to beat because we have been showing him love for a long time now.

I would say early playing time will be a key factor and I think that gives VT and UVA an edge over most of the other big programs that WILL eventually offer him (with the exception of Vandy, but we see how that worked out for the latest 757 "QB"). He would likely be in a position to start as either a redshirt frosh or soph (at worst) at VT.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know if its already been said but ML offered another 757 kid (0 star RB from Salem HS) in order to try and land his QB friend, Bucky Hodges. What sleeze.

He's like rust.

He never sleeps, and is always trying to work the next angle.