• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its no secret around the 757 that Eli isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. There was a lot of worry about him having to prep last year and if his grades have dropped...I'd be seriously worried. Also, I thought UVa only took student-athletes? Guess thats one less excuse they can use when they lose!

Oh and my biggest qualm on the RT list is they have Deon Clarke and Mark Hall virtually equal. Uh, no. I'll take Trey Edmunds, Deon Clarke, and DVD against Hall, Kwontie, Brim.

Hey Jeffro, hope you and your family have a great christmas. And whats up with all the UVa bball transfers? Can you send Harrell this way? :)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its no secret around the 757 that Eli isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. There was a lot of worry about him having to prep last year and if his grades have dropped...I'd be seriously worried. Also, I thought UVa only took student-athletes? Guess thats one less excuse they can use when they lose!

Oh and my biggest qualm on the RT list is they have Deon Clarke and Mark Hall virtually equal. Uh, no. I'll take Trey Edmunds, Deon Clarke, and DVD against Hall, Kwontie, Brim.

Hey Jeffro, hope you and your family have a great christmas. And whats up with all the UVa bball transfers? Can you send Harrell this way? :)

The bball transfers are pretty simple. Both KTH and Johnson aren't getting any minutes because they aren't performing up to par. They have no one to blame but themselves. It's a dog-eat-dog world, and of course the better players are going to get the most minutes. Like mom always said, "If you can't take the heat, best get out the kitchen!"

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jeffro! Thanks for getting us some publicity! :lol:

Shame on you CML

Hope Jamie Oakes makes everything ok for you, you big vagina. :tinfoil3:

Stalking me now, sweetheart? I don't understand what you all's beef with Jamie Oakes is. You do realize that some of the same people that started Rivals also are the one that started 247, don't you? Also, don't place blame on 247 for not having a VT page. Someone has to be on the in with the schools recruitment, and so far no one has stepped up and claimed the page. Since some of you are such recruiting gurus, maybe you need to be the ones to start the 247 Hokie page so you can making the rankings more to your liking.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalking? Hardly. You might be the only one that cross-posts, but you're not the only Hoo lurking. In fact I have a UVa brother-in-law (Thanks, Peter) is a paying 247 member but only lurks here after I tipped him off. Blood is thicker than an internet connection.

And we hate Rivals too, but their ratings are slightly less biased. And thats saying something!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalking? Hardly. You might be the only one that cross-posts, but you're not the only Hoo lurking. In fact I have a UVa brother-in-law (Thanks, Peter) is a paying 247 member but only lurks here after I tipped him off. Blood is thicker than an internet connection.

And we hate Rivals too, but their ratings are slightly less biased. And thats saying something!

If Peter is your brother-in-law, how is he related by blood? Ya'll got some West Va cousin lovin' going on?

Sorry, couldn't leave
that one alone.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the publicity for the site. Thanks for that, Jeff. Bring some of those guys over here too.

A couple things that you can take back:

Asante was not a way to get MW, he had been being evaluated well before MW started backing up on UNC.

Kwontie Moore will be a defensive lineman at UVA. He is way too slow to be a worthwhile LB in the ACC. Bank on that....

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. I definitely feel bad for the guy. I know it would hurt to not get to play for your favorite college team despite possessing the talent to.

He had the chance. Was still getting visits from Sherman last I heard. I know Tennessee is thinking he might have to prep, which could very well work in our favor. Jerm, if you're lurking, ask him how is recruitment is going.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone in the know...

We have McKinnon, Blue, Clarke, Edmunds, and Vandyke all listed as OLBs on rivals. I was wondering who do you think has the frame/skillset to play the mike in our system? Wright seems like a guy who could be able to given his size. Possibly Alford (or is he only a DE recruit?)

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone in the know...

We have McKinnon, Blue, Clarke, Edmunds, and Vandyke all listed as OLBs on rivals. I was wondering who do you think has the frame/skillset to play the mike in our system? Wright seems like a guy who could be able to given his size. Possibly Alford (or is he only a DE recruit?)

if i had to guess, mckinnon and van dyke should project as WHIPs. id guess the others project to one of our inside linebacker positions.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As small as he may be Vandyke is much more suited for the Mike or Backer spot than Whip.

McKinnon could project at either Whip or Rover

Clarke projects as a Mike

Edmunds and Blue are versatile and could play Whip or Backer.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the recruiting season comes to an end, a few guys stick out to me as potential late offers along the offensive line. They are both big, roadgrader type guys. I wanted to post their profiles here. I have watched film on both of them and think that we may give them a late look.

Fist: Jackson Matteo, who is currently committed to Temple but had a ton of interest in VT:

Jackson Matteo - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Jackson Matteo Profile

Second: Joseph Scelfo, a big kid out of Virginia who does not currently have an offer but is just big and mean:

Joseph Scelfo - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Joseph Scelfo Profile

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He damn near committed after the Spring Game and was all VT. For whatever reason he waited and the DB boat filled up in a hurry. By May 1 we had 5 "DB" commits and I think Kenny didn't like that. He told me he "felt more wanted by Tennessee" and I think that was a combo of us taking so many DBs early (even if Kenny is better than most) and the UT coaches making him a primary target. I haven't spoken to him since I deleted twitter but some UT people are worried about him having to prep and not being a very firm commit. Im hoping he pulls a Redman and switches but who knows. Sherm still visits him occasionally so there is still interest.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny because after the Spring Game it seemed that Kenny and Kirven were the 2 most likely to commit.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockhart got a 4* rating by R___. Now if they would only give back Jarontay Jones his deserved 4* ranking. :kev: