• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lockhart got a 4* rating by R___. Now if they would only give back Jarontay Jones his deserved 4* ranking. :kev:

He'll have his chance at the Offense/Defense game. Stephenson has a couple of players that probably should be 4 stars, including Jarontay.

Jones, Vandyke, and Tookes have a chance to earn a 4th star is they play well in their All Star games.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice. we have 6 4* guys, tied for the most in any recruiting class since ri... started doing their star ratings. we could end up with a few more as well, this could be the best recruiting class we have ever had when all is said and done, ratings wise at least.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any changes on when these undecided guys are announcing?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dies anyone have a list of who is playing in which all-star games?

I know that JC and Jarontay (I believe) are going to Texas....

All Star Games: Commits in Bold

Offense/Defense Bowl Game, on Thurs, Dec 29th 7:30pm
(JC Coleman, Davion Tookes, Jarontay Jones)
Also in that game: Eugene Lewis

Chesapeake Bowl, on Fri, Dec 30th 7:30pm
(Nigel Williams, Jake Willenbrock, Devin Vandyke, Brenden Motley, Donovan Riley, Deon Clarke)
Also in that game: Stefon Diggs, Cyrus Jones, and Romond Deloatch

Semper Fi, on CBS Sports Net Tues, Jan 3rd 4pm
(Donaldven Manning)

Under Armour Bowl, on ESPN Thurs, Jan 5th 7pm
Cyrus Jones...Korren Kirven was supposed to play in this game, but I don't believe he will be at the game with his injury

U.S. Army All-American Bowl, on NBC Sat, Jan 7th Noon
Joel Caleb

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Edmunds Highlights

Last edited by a moderator:

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All Star Games: Commits in Bold

Offense/Defense Bowl Game, on Thurs, Dec 29th 7:30pm
(JC Coleman, Davion Tookes, Jarontay Jones)
Also in that game: Eugene Lewis

Chesapeake Bowl, on Fri, Dec 30th 7:30pm
(Nigel Williams, Jake Willenbrock, Devin Vandyke, Brenden Motley, Donovan Riley, Deon Clarke)
Also in that game: Stefon Diggs, and Romond Deloatch

Semper Fi, on CBS Sports Net Tues, Jan 3rd 4pm
(Donaldven Manning)

Under Armour Bowl, on ESPN Thurs, Jan 5th 7pm
Cyrus Jones...Korren Kirven was supposed to play in this game, but I don't believe he will be at the game with his injury

U.S. Army All-American Bowl, on NBC Sat, Jan 7th Noon
Joel Caleb, Stefon Diggs, Darius Hamilton (although there is no chance on Hamilton and only the slightest chance, if any, with Diggs

Updated: Jones is not playing in the Chesapeake Bowl and I added Diggs and Hamilton to the Army game, even though they are long shots at best.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So VTFF, here is where you make your scratch.....fill out our class, best guess:

Thats a tough one! We have a real battle for Kirven, Caleb, Ekanem, and Cyrus. I think we get 2 of that group but dare not say which ones. Probably not Cyrus. I think we will be let down by one but will just wait and see.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a tough one! We have a real battle for Kirven, Caleb, Ekanem, and Cyrus. I think we get 2 of that group but dare not say which ones. Probably not Cyrus. I think we will be let down by one but will just wait and see.

i have a feeling that caleb chooses OSU. no inside info, just a bad feeling.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the one I am thinking. Although it went from a sure thing to about 55-45 VT. Can see us landing 3 out of 4 or 0 out of 4. I think we get 2 though.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can understand the perspective of not wanting to be too optimistic, but you guys should think more positively, unless given a reason not to!

It might just be me, but I'm thinking that the best move for recruiting right now would be to beat Michigan in the Sugar bowl. I think VT is physically capable of doing it, but they need to get their head in the game. It will require a good strategy and a lot of team discipline.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the one I am thinking. Although it went from a sure thing to about 55-45 VT. Can see us landing 3 out of 4 or 0 out of 4. I think we get 2 though.

I am with you VTFF. A little worried about Caleb and OSU, as well as Kirven and 'Bama (has an official with them 1/20). I think we could possibly get both defensive players and a skill player, 1 and 1, or none. For some reason I feel like we have a real shot with Jones. I know you don't want to shy away from competition but I think he would have more early opportunities at VT than he would have at Auburn (I would think Malzahn leaving is not good for them) or 'Bama. I hope the latter is not going to happen. We have kind of fell flat in recent years IMO in the month of January and haven't done a great job of closing well and picking up 1 or 2 more high profile guys. Hopefully S. Beamer will change that. We will find out more about what Jones is going to do in about a week. I think it could affect Caleb IF he were to pick VT..

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the perspective of not wanting to be too optimistic, but you guys should think more positively, unless given a reason not to!

It might just be me, but I'm thinking that the best move for recruiting right now would be to beat Michigan in the Sugar bowl. I think VT is physically capable of doing it, but they need to get their head in the game. It will require a good strategy and a lot of team discipline.

Although I agree with you scores (especially if we were to win convincingly) I think there is alot more to it than that. I feel like Beamer and Co. does a good job of recruiting the right way (being honest, ethical, selling the coaching staff and university). Even if we were to lose, 'Bama, LSU or Notre Dame were to get their doors blown off..at the end of the day these teams/coaches/and universities are still who they are. Most of these guys probably already have it in their mind where they are going to go...they have been on campus, seen home games, etc. They just want to make damned sure IMO..and maybe travel a little bit

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Although I agree with you scores (especially if we were to win convincingly) I think there is alot more to it than that. I feel like Beamer and Co. does a good job of recruiting the right way (being honest, ethical, selling the coaching staff and university). Even if we were to lose, 'Bama, LSU or Notre Dame were to get their doors blown off..at the end of the day these teams/coaches/and universities are still who they are. Most of these guys probably already have it in their mind where they are going to go...they have been on campus, seen home games, etc. They just want to make damned sure IMO..and maybe travel a little bit

exactly as long as we arent "blown out" of the sugar bowl, a W (even a big one) or loss will prob have a minimal impact on recruits at this point. A lot of times we think "gee, why wouldnt recruit A want to play for us, we are winners" but recruiting goes much deeper than that. Its about the relationship recruits build with coaches and other players, then there is a "comfort level" with the campus, the academic side of things, etc etc etc. IMO a win against Michigan helps recruiting next year way more than this year.