• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, this is my first post on this board, but I felt it best to post in this thread, since this is the thread I actually follow with great interest.

Everyone here seems to have a fair amount of expertise and connections with VT recruiting, so it's interesting to hear the perspectives and opinions expressed here.

That said, wouldn't the best recruiting strategy be to forget the road trips and win the Sugar Bowl? It seems like a laser focus on getting the job done against Michigan would be worth the complete attention of the coaches, and make the rest of the recruiting year go a lot smoother.

Hey! Welcome to the board and we are glad you have been reading and are cow going to be posting!

The coaches only have a set amount of practices that they are allowed to have during the holiday as well as regulations on their team meetings and contact with players. The team usually gets this week off to finish finals and go home for a bit, along with a bit of time at Christmas. The coaches use this time for recruiting, but you can be sure they are also gameplanning and watching Michigan film on the road. The only limits are on the time of the players.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I have to agree with VTscores. It worries my the lack of practice or seriousness of practice and hope it doesn't show on the national stage.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have it all wrong. We should commit a slap-on-the-wrist worthy violation (i.e. cheating on finals, hiring an agent, or selling our pre-Sugar bowl merchandise), then fire frank beamer. After deciding to let him coach the Sugar Bowl as his last game, we should then hire a new head coach to recruit in the meantime.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys have it all wrong. We should commit a slap-on-the-wrist worthy violation (i.e. cheating on finals, hiring an agent, or selling our pre-Sugar bowl merchandise), then fire frank beamer. After deciding to let him coach the Sugar Bowl as his last game, we should then hire a new head coach to recruit in the meantime.

What's funny, is that I was about to post this same thing!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching more of Jerome Wright video, I could see him being a big possession type receiver as well. It may take a couple years for him to crisp his rote running and work on his hands, but he is big and good in space.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, this is my first post on this board, but I felt it best to post in this thread, since this is the thread I actually follow with great interest.

Everyone here seems to have a fair amount of expertise and connections with VT recruiting, so it's interesting to hear the perspectives and opinions expressed here.

That said, wouldn't the best recruiting strategy be to forget the road trips and win the Sugar Bowl? It seems like a laser focus on getting the job done against Michigan would be worth the complete attention of the coaches, and make the rest of the recruiting year go a lot smoother.

I somewhat agree. Winning the Sugar shows that we're an elite BCS program. However, Frank and Co. are creating mindshare when they visit recruits. They're getting to them consistently and frequently, and that keeps VT at the top of their mind. If you have a great season but don't follow up with these kids, another school that's been constantly interested in them will snatch them up. It's very similar to advertising: The big brands don't put their name out once at the Super Bowl...they're constantly doing it throughout the year in various ways to keep them in the top of your mind. Just some food for thought.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As posted above the coaches only have some much time with the players. This is a key recruiting time because these guys have to make a decision soon and the other schools are calling and knocking at their door

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is going to be a weird post, but I actually had a dream last night that I was on a recruiting trip to VT and Cornell Brown was my host. Sad to report, I don't remember getting a scholarship offer.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is going to be a weird post, but I actually had a dream last night that I was on a recruiting trip to VT and Cornell Brown was my host. Sad to report, I don't remember getting a scholarship offer.

Preferred walk-on maybe?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Actually, that sounds like a tribute to how you feel about the current quality of VT recruiting. Subconsciously, you feel that their recruiting is getting so good that even a top notch recruit like yourself (your opinion, of course) might get bumped!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
16 hours ago from Robert Lockhart's twitter...

Roderick Durham
BigHotrod88 Roderick Durham
@
@rob_LOCKHART nothing wen u gon b at vt
17 hours ago
in reply to ↑
robert lockhart
@rob_LOCKHART robert lockhart
@BigHotrod88 January 7
16 hours ago via Twitter for Android Favorite Retweet Reply
replies ↓
Roderick Durham
@
@rob_LOCKHART Badd iam gon b watching for u I know u gon do to thang

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 hours ago from Robert Lockhart's twitter...

Roderick Durham
@
@rob_LOCKHART nothing wen u gon b at vt
17 hours ago
in reply to ↑
robert lockhart
@rob_LOCKHART robert lockhart
@BigHotrod88 January 7
16 hours ago via Twitter for Android Favorite Retweet Reply
replies ↓
Roderick Durham
@
@rob_LOCKHART Badd iam gon b watching for u I know u gon do to thang

Translation?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that Cornell Brown was your host gives your age away. Did you ask for the one bar or two bar facemask.....