• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Running back or Linebacker but he will get a look at RB first....
I think he could be a great bruising back, from what I have seen he has some great power and he has never hit a weight room for more than a few weeks during preseason this year. Once he gets with Gentry he could easily put on some more weight and be used as a linebacker. He seems to have some good hands out of the backfield also, so he could "possibly" move to WR if needed...

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could be a great bruising back, from what I have seen he has some great power and he has never hit a weight room for more than a few weeks during preseason this year. Once he gets with Gentry he could easily put on some more weight and be used as a linebacker. He seems to have some good hands out of the backfield also, so he could "possibly" move to WR if needed...

We could always go with the Kyle Fuller utility role. Just get him into the lineup and watch him shine. He could catch an interception, then come back out and run the ball between the tackles into the RZ, then catch a pass from LT for the TD!

In all seriousness I would expect him at LB bases on what I've seen, but since most of our O-line consists of recruited TE's, who knows?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is in-home visit week for 2012 recruits BTW. Players still practice but have the 21st-27th off for christmas. Hope we aren't underprepared for Michigan.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems awful big for a running back at 225 lbs and about 6'2". sounds a lot more like a linebacker or defensive end prospect, since he will probably blow up even more in terms of weight once he gets to college.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems awful big for a running back at 225 lbs and about 6'2". sounds a lot more like a linebacker or defensive end prospect, since he will probably blow up even more in terms of weight once he gets to college.

We could use a 245 lb RB i think. Look at John Clay, Beanie Wells, and Brandon Jacobs

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H ave him as 6'2" and 225, and those are likele exaggerated a bit. I would guess 6'1", and about 220.

But if he isn't already training hard in the weight room he could easily be 240 by the time he is a Jr.

Clay was 6'1" 222 coming out of high school.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTFF, EvanG, 46, anyone in the know, what's the outlook on Brenden Motley? I know he's a good athlete, but I don't know much about him as a QB and his stats are underwhelming.

Problem with that is that if we can't land Bucky Hodges, we are a little lean in the QB area in the coming years.

What are your guys thoughts on him/the QB situation going forward?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VTFF, EvanG, 46, anyone in the know, what's the outlook on Brenden Motley? I know he's a good athlete, but I don't know much about him as a QB and his stats are underwhelming.

Problem with that is that if we can't land Bucky Hodges, we are a little lean in the QB area in the coming years.

What are your guys thoughts on him/the QB situation going forward?
I have not seen him play but I have heard he will get a shot at QB first and then if he is not a QB then he will be on defense...

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've seen Motley play 3 times this year....i'm not impressed w him at QB, although his offense isn't made to throw the ball except for like 5 times a game, if the game is going their way.... i wasn't impressed with Logan Thomas in high school either, and thats turned out pretty well...Motley is a beast Safety in coverage and run stopping! i personally hope we land Bucky and Motley can play D...Kam Chancellor type safety IMO

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Best recruiting strategy

OK, this is my first post on this board, but I felt it best to post in this thread, since this is the thread I actually follow with great interest.

Everyone here seems to have a fair amount of expertise and connections with VT recruiting, so it's interesting to hear the perspectives and opinions expressed here.

That said, wouldn't the best recruiting strategy be to forget the road trips and win the Sugar Bowl? It seems like a laser focus on getting the job done against Michigan would be worth the complete attention of the coaches, and make the rest of the recruiting year go a lot smoother.