• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey VTFF and Evan,

What are your thoughts on Urban Meyer to OSU and whether or not it will effect Caleb's decision. I am sure that Curtis Grant is grinning from ear to ear now.
Will not effect Caleb as far as I have heard, although that could change. I do not see Urban messing up any of the current class that we have (however I could easily see him selling Diggs as the next Harvin...)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it as an OSU fan because I don't like Meyer. If he changes his discipline policy from what it was at UF then I might like him but until then not a fan of him. Still will be an OSU fan though and I am sure OSU will be a damn good team in a few years. Its a shame it will be with him though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it as an OSU fan because I don't like Meyer. If he changes his discipline policy from what it was at UF then I might like him but until then not a fan of him. Still will be an OSU fan though and I am sure OSU will be a damn good team in a few years. Its a shame it will be with him though.

OSU fan???:argue: So where will your allegiance lie when Vt plays them in a few years :noidea:

I would not be shocked to see London give State College a call back now either. The way that game went, he knows he still has a long way to climb and state college may throw a money truck at him.

That would just be a slap in the face of the Hoo faithful if he did that. I think it would be funny. Although it wouldn't shock me (nothing really does anymore) it would kindof surprise me. He would be leaving a program that he is building up pretty well, for a job (at a storied program I must say) where he would be stepping into a total shit-storm (and be in JoePa's shadow to boot)...But, as well all know....$$$$ talk.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Mom is an OSU grad, and I grew up rooting for them as well as the Hokies, but there is no doubt where my allegiances lie. However, my father and I may have converted her as well. She will be at the game, likely in a box with some Hokie higher-up, so I imagine that she will wear the right colors.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just yanking Nick's chain alittle bit. I'm OK with OSU as long as we are not playing them. I think it will be exciting to have them and Wisky on the schedule in the coming years, as well as, 'Bama year after next. That kind of game has hurt us this year in the BCS.

Slightly OT--Anyone heard any news on upcoming schedules and how the addition of Pitt and 'Cuse will affect the schedules?? I know Pitt is on the schedule the next two years. Will the ACC be going to a 9 game league schedule??

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be rooting for VT without a doubt. I was raised an OSU fan with aunts and uncles alumni from there. My sister and I both graduated from VT though so our family is VT through and through. Its a match-up you love to see but then when you think about it more it is the worst match-up possible. One of your teams has to lose and possibly ruin their chances at a NC. I am saving up now to buy tickets to the game at Lane. I have a few years to get there lol

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Ohio State. Every OSU fan I've met over the years is a cocky as can be. And that school has a lot of bandwagon fans who didn't even attend the school as well. Like many of the SEC schools and USC, Ohio State is always a bit overrated.

And it really irks me that the NCAA appears to be letting the school slide on the recent infractions. Fire Tressle and throw money at Meyer. One bad season, and the Buckeyes are rolling again. They should at least get a 1-year bowl ban for being allowed to play in last years Sugar Bowl.

I compare OSU to the NY Yankees. No one can compete with their athletic budget and not many ever will. Hard to compete with all that money can buy.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey VTFF and Evan,

What are your thoughts on Urban Meyer to OSU and whether or not it will effect Caleb's decision. I am sure that Curtis Grant is grinning from ear to ear now.

Helps OSU alot. Will visit this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Rivals now has Eli Harold the #1 recruit in VA over Caleb. Caleb is actually #3 now to Alex Carter. Bulllllshiittttttt.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! What to do!!!

Oh wait, just win..... Luther Maddy has been twice the player that Nicholson and Terrell have been this year and where was he ranked? Now Jennings....he has been pretty damn good.

maddy has been awesome considering he is a true freshman, only got offered because stephone anthony went to clemson, and had no bcs offers besides us. definition of a sleeper. hes been great, especially considering all of these factors.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can finally stop with the Diggs talk. Officially eliminated us today. UVA made the top 8 but they're number 8 so don't sweat it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Caleb scheduled an OV for Dec 10th.

It looks like for now the official with OSU and VT is all that he has scheduled.

VTFF and everyone...
Is OSU a legitimate threat now with Meyer back or is it too late? I think now that they get him on campus they have as good of a shot as we do.

Does anyone see anyone else getting in our way of Caleb outside of OSU? It doesn't seem like he has shown a ton of interest in anyone in particular (outside of MAYBE us??). Has he taken any unofficials anywhere outside of the state?

Who could we expect officials from between now and signing day. I would think we should get one from Ekanem as well as Kirven, any others??

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It looks like for now the official with OSU and VT is all that he has scheduled.

VTFF and everyone...
Is OSU a legitimate threat now with Meyer back or is it too late? I think now that they get him on campus they have as good of a shot as we do.

Does anyone see anyone else getting in our way of Caleb outside of OSU? It doesn't seem like he has shown a ton of interest in anyone in particular (outside of MAYBE us??). Has he taken any unofficials anywhere outside of the state?

Who could we expect officials from between now and signing day. I would think we should get one from Ekanem as well as Kirven, any others??
Caleb scheduled this visit to OSU prior to Meyer being named. It does help OSU with him because Meyer is a very talented recruiter and a very good coach, however I think it is a little late for them to go hard after Caleb. I believe they have already received verbals from 3 or 4 WRs.

Caleb is ours to lose...

We will get a visit from Ekanem. Kirven has been to campus many times and may or may not make a visit.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of a threat than before, yes. Unless he is just totally :jaw: this weekend, then I would bet he stays a Hokie.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarontay Jones dropped out of the Rivals 250. I am not sure why as his stats were monstrous all season.

As fas as Caleb, the only thing that concerns me is his player host id Curtis Grant who loves Meyer and hates the Hokies. I asked Mike Farrell for his thoughts and will let you all know what he says back.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarontay Jones dropped out of the Rivals 250. I am not sure why as his stats were monstrous all season.

In the chat, they said "Jarontay makes a lot of plays, but he doesn't have great size and can sometimes struggle vs. the run."