• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have never seen it as "An Unofficial Guest of <Head Coach>" that sounds funny to me... And I went on plenty of Unofficial visits for sports, it was always an "Unofficial guest of <insert School>"

Prob just the way the rivals guy worded it, im assuming its really just an unofficial visit.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like he may just be giving whoVa a courtesy visit. I know VT has been in his mix all along but I have my doubt that this visit really even has much to do with VT.

Hope im wrong. :idk:

I'm not reading too much into it. Its an opportunity for him to see two schools in action that he is interested in, a free game (with meaning), a chance to see the facilities, not to mention it is an easy day trip for him (I am thinking Olney, MD is only 2 or 3 hours tops from C'Ville). I still doubt he ends up at either place. We will know more soon I am sure. Officials will be starting up soon with the end of the regular season and HS playoffs/season wrap-ups..Maybe Vt and UVA end up in the final 5-7 (with the location I would say that its a good chance) and both schools get an official visit from him.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have offered Charley Meyer a preferred walkon spot at this time. That will probably change into an offer if the remaining offers to WRs are turned down (Diggs, Jones, etc).

Jones will be making his decision by Christmas (to Alabama)...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if it were up to me, I'd give Deloatch a grey shirt offer to prep and get his grades up. From what I've heard from a few 757 coaches, he is one of the best WRs in a long, long time.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree VTFF. Give him at least an opportunity to GS or Walk-On. Don't know much about him but seems like he has dropped off the radar in the last 6-9 months. Back in the summer he was listed as a top 10 prospect in Virginia and now he is barely even in the top 25. I have heard some of you guys talk about issues with his grades..anyone know about his demeanor/personality? Is he trouble? At 6'4, 213lbs, and sub 4.5..that says all I need to know. Great measurables. His current FBS offers are from Cincinatti, ECU, Marshall and Temple.. Haven't heard much about interest from VT or the other VA school..

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Taraschke will be at the UVA game. (rooting for VT, NOT a ML official guest) ;)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree VTFF. Give him at least an opportunity to GS or Walk-On. Don't know much about him but seems like he has dropped off the radar in the last 6-9 months. Back in the summer he was listed as a top 10 prospect in Virginia and now he is barely even in the top 25. I have heard some of you guys talk about issues with his grades..anyone know about his demeanor/personality? Is he trouble? At 6'4, 213lbs, and sub 4.5..that says all I need to know. Great measurables. His current FBS offers are from Cincinatti, ECU, Marshall and Temple.. Haven't heard much about interest from VT or the other VA school..
As far as I know he is not in any trouble, I do think the issue is grades. I have not heard anything negative about him in the area except that his grades are holding him back, same with Adriel Mayes who has more rushing yards than JC in the same division....

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are in the top 3 for cyrus jones according to rivals, likely 3rd. if his parents want him close to home, we win. thats our best chance...