• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarontay doesn't have the size? Im calling BS. He's 6'2" 240 and their #1 DE is 6'3" 232....

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That place also has a free article over there highlighting J.C. Coleman as making the biggest jump of any recruit in the top 250. It's a free article, so I copied the following and pasted it.

"The new Rivals100 was released Monday and it featured movement all throughout the list after Rivals.com's analysts saw many prospects during the season so it is only fitting that the updated Rivals250 is loaded with some drastic changes, too.

J.C. Coleman moved up 129 spots to No. 102 in the Rivals250.
Let's start at No. 102 with J.C. Coleman, an all-purpose back from Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith, who skyrocketed 129 spots. The Virginia Tech commit thoroughly impressed Rivals.com national analyst Mike Farrell this season.

"Coleman had a tremendous senior season and has become stronger and more of a threat to run inside, the only thing that had been holding him back a bit," Farrell said.

"I knew how good he was in space and what a threat he was as a receiver, but now he's continuing to emerge as an every-down back and I think he could be the next great one at Virginia Tech. He's so low to the ground and strong it's just hard to get a good shot on him."

Coleman was the biggest mover in the second part of the 250 release but not the only major one as Baltimore (Md.) Gilman School athlete Cyrus Jones (67 spots), Bastrop, La., inside linebacker Denzel Devall (28 spots) and Jenks, Okla., running back Alex Ross (64 spots) all moved up significantly in the top 150. Jones moved to No. 106, Devall to No. 114 and Ross to No. 138."

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we end with ekanem, caleb, kirven, and cyrus jones. i know jones is pretty iffy, but i could see him as a hokie because if his parents want him close to home, which he has said is important, he will choose us imo.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ri... dropped jarontay jones to a 3 star. started out in the top 200, now hes a 3*. bet if he commited to alabama he wouldnt have been dropped out. oh well.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ri___ noted we extended a walk on offer to someone but didnt say his name or position only that he is from Richmond area. Anyone know who he is?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also noted that JC's RR went up to a 5.9 if that really means anything

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this little write up about Korren Kirven on Disney. He was just invited to the UA game. Lists some of our major competition.

Korren Kirven excited about UA Game for many reasons - ESPN

An excerpt...

Although, the 6-foot-3, 270-pounder has never officially named a list of schools he's interested in, he said he's "liking" all the colleges in Virginia, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Notre Dame, North Carolina and Maryland.

As for what he wants in a college, well, the total package is the best way to describe it.

"A place that I'm wanted," Kirven said. "A place where there are good coaches in a stable environment. A place where a coach is going to be there awhile. A program that wants to win. Academics and what the degree is going to mean after college, how they're going to develop me as an athlete and as a person too."

^^^^That should eliminate the SEC schools right??
Disclaimer: I typically don't get into the academic side of things (when it comes to talking college athletics, because frankly it is garbage and noone cares--except UVA fans), but I just couldn't resist taking a stab. Any SEC fan who views this, its all in fun. All and any degree IMO from most any school is a major accomplishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this little write up about Korren Kirven on Disney. He was just invited to the UA game. Lists some of our major competition.

An excerpt...

Although, the 6-foot-3, 270-pounder has never officially named a list of schools he's interested in, he said he's "liking" all the colleges in Virginia, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Notre Dame, North Carolina and Maryland.

As for what he wants in a college, well, the total package is the best way to describe it.

"A place that I'm wanted," Kirven said. "A place where there are good coaches in a stable environment. A place where a coach is going to be there awhile. A program that wants to win. Academics and what the degree is going to mean after college, how they're going to develop me as an athlete and as a person too."

Disclaimer: I typically don't get into the academic side of things (when it comes to talking college athletics, because frankly it is garbage and noone cares--except UVA fans), but I just couldn't resist taking a stab. Any SEC fan who views this, its all in fun. All and any degree IMO from most any school is a major accomplishment.

That part sets us up well.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and ri... dropped jarontay jones to a 3 star. started out in the top 200, now hes a 3*. bet if he commited to alabama he wouldnt have been dropped out. oh well.

ell damn, I don't want him anymore!!!!!

Nah, JK, but you are dead on about the ranking. If you watch any of his video he is a monster of a player and looks a lot like Tapp or Moore when they were here. He is going to be a great Hokie!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Farrell has tweeted that Diggs has added us to his top 8 and dropped Maryland

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well Jeffro, looks like there was an error in Diggs top 8. VT made it and Maryland didn't. Since you want to get technical on who has a better shot (neither are getting him) just thought I'd let you know. :whistle:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ell damn, I don't want him anymore!!!!!

Nah, JK, but you are dead on about the ranking. If you watch any of his video he is a monster of a player and looks a lot like Tapp or Moore when they were here. He is going to be a great Hokie!

I know that Eli Harold may have the better potential, but if you watch both him and Jarontay Jones in their highlight videos, there is no doubt that Jones is the better DE right now. Also, at 240 pounds, it surprises me that Jones has trouble against the run. Usually the bigger DE's are great against the run and marginal against the pass. Whatever Ri_als.

Edit: Harold had a ton of sacks his senior year so I'm guessing he focused more on that his year.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well Jeffro, looks like there was an error in Diggs top 8. VT made it and Maryland didn't. Since you want to get technical on who has a better shot (neither are getting him) just thought I'd let you know. :whistle:

:lalala:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol::lol:

That is funny, ha!

As for the discussion for defensive ends. Harold is a monster, no doubt about it, but Jones is also very good. I think all of us will be pleasantly surprised with Nigel Williams and Courtnye Wynn as well. They both have some great tape.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part sets us up well.

Very true Nick, I think the only one out of that group that you could maybe count on being there in the next 5 years would be Saban. I'm sure there are many Alabamans that already have his face tattoed on their ass. He will be there for a long time. Not so much the rest of them, particularly Dooley (another year or two like this one at Rocky Top and he is out) and Kelly(we all know the Domers go through coaches like underwear). I think it comes down to us (1) and 'Bama (1A) for Kirven, maybe Auburn being (2).

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

An excerpt...

Alot of SEC schools are on par with VT, especially Vanderbilt, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Auburn.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee would probably be #3 for Kirven. Bama, VT, UT.

For shits and giggles I looked at 247 rankings for the Top 10 instate. Good Lord biased much?

1) Eli Harold
2) Kwontie Moore :flypig:
3) Joel Caleb
4) Alex Carter
5) Korren Kirven
6) Ken Ekanem
7) Courtnye Wynn :flypig:
8) Anthony Cooper :flypig:
9) JC Coleman
10) Trey Edmunds

:L