• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of SEC schools are on par with VT, especially Vanderbilt, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Auburn.

I know..just heckling a bit.

Tennessee would probably be #3 for Kirven. Bama, VT, UT.

For shits and giggles I looked at 247 rankings for the Top 10 instate. Good Lord biased much?

1) Eli Harold
2) Kwontie Moore :flypig:
3) Joel Caleb
4) Alex Carter
5) Korren Kirven
6) Ken Ekanem
7) Courtnye Wynn :flypig:
8) Anthony Cooper :flypig:
9) JC Coleman
10) Trey Edmunds

:L

Not sure why he would want to go to UT (outside of course to nice facilities and a 100,000 seat stadium). They pretty well sucked this year (in a somwhat down year in the SEC-e) and may continue to slide??

ESPN has their rankings a little bit different (they all do)
1) Caleb
2) Kirven
3) Carter
4) Harold
5) Ekanem
6) Moore
7) DVD
8) Derek Dowrey
9) J.C.
10) Prosise
11) Cooper
12) Homer
13) Miles-Redmond
14) Clarke
15) Greene

Which brings me to Dowrey, why has he not been getting ANY love from the in-state schools. IF we don't land Kirven any chance we throw a late offer out to him (in light of what is going on at PSU)?? Don't know much about him.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal Top 10 goes as follows: Feel free to critique.

1) Caleb- He did awesome on a overall pretty bad team, and with an injury all season. Nearly every team in the country wants him.
2) Harold- Solid but raw. Has the motor but not the size yet.
3) JC Coleman- Honestly I think he is a game changer. Everyone knows he is an outside the tackles home run threat but JC has also been working on his inside runs and he has a ton of heart. Like a mini DW.
4) Alex Carter- Best DB in state by far.
5) Deon Clarke- The next great VT LB
6) Ken Ekanem- Natural stand-up DE so I am ranking him as such.
7) Korren Kirven- Some concern about his motor but when he turns it on he can GO. If it was on all the time he would be Top 5.
8) Romond Deloatch- If grades weren't an issue... Far and away the best VA WR this year.
9) Trey Edmunds- Fast paced LB. I think he transitions well into an OLB at VT.
10) Kwontie Moore- I just don't see it and neither do ANY of my 757 contacts. He has the size to play but not the speed or talent, he did well but nothing stellar and always against private schools.. I just don't see him as the #1 ILB.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Caleb- He did awesome on a overall pretty bad team, and with an injury all season. Nearly every team in the country wants him.
3) JC Coleman- Honestly I think he is a game changer. Everyone knows he is an outside the tackles home run threat but JC has also been working on his inside runs and he has a ton of heart. Like a mini DW.
7) Korren Kirven- Some concern about his motor but when he turns it on he can GO. If it was on all the time he would be Top 5.
8) Romond Deloatch- If grades weren't an issue... Far and away the best VA WR this year.
10) Kwontie Moore- I just don't see it and neither do ANY of my 757 contacts. He has the size to play but not the speed or talent, he did well but nothing stellar and always against private schools.. I just don't see him as the #1 ILB.

I haven't watched a ton of film on any of these guys and don't claim to be a scout/talent evaluator. I would think your evaluation of VA's best talent is fair VTFF.
One thing I would say is that maybe Edmunds may be a bit under-appreciated by some people/publications. He has had an outstanding year and has been the best player on the field (by-far) in probably everyone of his games (give it against small school competition). He pretty well CARRIED his team to the state quarters. To go with your comments I have heard some say he could be as good as X. Adibi was at VT (no pressure Trey).
I agree with you on Moore. Don't see what all the hype is about. Even at 6'2" 240 lbs, if he was that athletic, then he should have better 40 times than 4.8-5.0. And to me there is no excuse for NCS to not FLAT OUT DOMINATE the independent schools here in VA.
One person that you did not mention, who for some reason I am kinda excited about, was Alston Smith. Although he probably doesn't deserve a top 10 VA ranking, I think due to his pedigree alone, he has the chance to be VERY good. This of course doesn't guarantee him being successful but if he turns out to be half as good as his old-man, it will be a good scholly handed out. From what I understand he is a "late-bloomer".

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I'd have Wynn @ 10 with Moore @ about 15 and flip flop Kirven and Ekanem. Great list though. REP!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Vandyke would probably make the fringe o my top ten based on full I have seen but the only positions that I really feel comfortable evaluating are linebackers and defensive backs, as that is what the majority of my film study ever was.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a little bird told me Cyrus Jones is to two teams..VT and Bama...and wants his parents to visit Blacksburg.....Good News!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Encouraging news (yet a bit surprising). IF (big IF) Jones is showing some major interest and MIGHT commit...
a) Would that push Caleb to possibly commit sooner??
b) Would a commitment by Jones result in Caleb going elsewhere?
c) I am sure we would make room for BOTH of these studs if we were to be so lucky. Right??

If this comes into fruition it could be good for us in one way or another (or BOTH!)....or neither.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow. Encouraging news (yet a bit surprising). IF (big IF) Jones is showing some major interest and MIGHT commit...
a) Would that push Caleb to possibly commit sooner??
b) Would a commitment by Jones result in Caleb going elsewhere?
c) I am sure we would make room for BOTH of these studs if we were to be so lucky. Right??

If this comes into fruition it could be good for us in one way or another (or BOTH!)....or neither.

I don't think either recruit will have an impact on their scholarship availability nor their decision timeframe.

I think Caleb, Kirven, Jones, Ekanem, and Diggs all have a spot if they want it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Farrell has tweeted that Diggs has added us to his top 8 and dropped Maryland

Don't forget Farrell's other tweet related to this:

"All those #Hokie fans who sent out nasty tweets after they didn't
make his cut might want to go back and delete"

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a gut feeling cyrus jones ends up a hokie

Personally, I think it depends on what happens with the bowl games. If Bama gets in the Champ game, then Jones is probably going to get sucked into all that SportsHoopla. Bama was already the leader before this past weekend when he visited Auburn, and I'm sure that beat down didn't help matters. Now, if VT gets the Orange bowl against WVU and Bama is left out of the title game, that could help the VT's chances on gaining ground on Bama.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Personally, I think it depends on what happens with the bowl games. If Bama gets in the Champ game, then Jones is probably going to get sucked into all that SportsHoopla. Bama was already the leader before this past weekend when he visited Auburn, and I'm sure that beat down didn't help matters. Now, if VT gets the Orange bowl against WVU and Bama is left out of the title game, that could help the VT's chances on gaining ground on Bama.
It also depends on how much JC gets in his ear :)

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little bird told me Cyrus Jones is to two teams..VT and Bama...and wants his parents to visit Blacksburg.....Good News!

He was originally scheduled to announce yesterday. The longer he postpones it the better!!!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have Wynn @ 10 with Moore @ about 15 and flip flop Kirven and Ekanem. Great list though. REP!

Wynn, Alston Smith, Anthony Cooper, Dakota Jackson, and Nigel Williams would be my 10-15 range. Somewhat interchangeable.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note on the Diggs front: Luke Fickell is visiting him tomorrow, and word is that Meyer is ready to put the full court press on Diggs immediately.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note on the Diggs front: Luke Fickell is visiting him tomorrow, and word is that Meyer is ready to put the full court press on Diggs immediately.

If there is little to no chance that we get Diggs, we should be rooting for him to go to Ohio State. I feel like that would have to weigh in Caleb's decision if he was considering going there.