• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
JC Coleman is my favorite Hokie verbal ever -

VTechFanBlog VirginiaTechFan
@
Love this kid! #Hokies RT @jc_coleman_4 @jermadams I'm deff about to work on Eugene Lewis if I can find him. Big time receiver.
11 Nov Favorite Retweet Reply

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard anything of late concerning Lake Taylor HS DB Mike "I'll eat your babies" Tyson. Glancing at the Pilot-Online he was Eastern District Offensive AND Defensive POY. I know that is one of the weaker districts in 757 but anyway you slice it, pretty impressive. Haven't heard alot of buzz about this guy. The only other name I saw on that list that stood out was Derwoun Greene who made 2nd team O as a utility player and 1st team as a kick return..must be pretty diverse.

VTFF and 757 what have you heard on this Tyson kid??

Beach District some notable names..Alston Smith-VT, Eli Harold(DPOY), Anthony Cooper-UVA, Bucky Hodges (OPOY), Jamil Kamara, Quin Blanding, Deion Stitt

Other notes from Pilot...
Norfolk Christian, the defending state champion, plays North Cross at 7 p.m. Friday for the Division III title at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex. The Ambassadors defeated North Cross in last year***8217;s title game, but North Cross won 34-27 this season.

Not sure how a private school team with 4-5 D1 kids doesn't absolutely DOMINATE this classification..(yeah still a bit bitter, but that's OK)

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He had a verbal offer from VT, but I don't believe that is commitable and we have not been actively pursuing him for some time because of numbers. He's a good player based on his film, but we already are full at DB. It'll be interesting because he has offers from PSU and UVA, but with the mess going on at PSU and UVA winding down on their class, he may run out of options. But I think he'll end up at UVA.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Tyson will not be a Hokie. Neither will Eugene Lewis. Sorry guys. But we will be more than fine.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have offered a gray shirt offer to Jerome Wright out of Highland Springs. He is a jumbo athlete who plays LB and RB 6'2" 225lbs

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jerome Wright is projected a LB if he were to accept the Grayshirt offer. He has been homeschooled most of his life so he has not been playing football, lifting weights, etc very long and is very raw but the coaches like what they see. Do not be surprised for UVA to offer soon. VT is the favorite right now (but it is his only offer at this point)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ekanem is on the verge of planning his first visit to ND the week before Christmas. It has been rumored it is between VT and ND and he will take his visits before making any announcements

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any buzz on this kid (insider guys)? I know I have been bashing on indy school kids but at 6'4" 267lbs. I think this Paul Smith kid from North Cross would be worth a look for a greyshirt or at least a walk-on offer. Article says he has held up (if not dominated/got the best of) to Courtney Wynn/NC and Augie Conty BS-H this year in action..an excerpt:

Battle said Smith wants to play at Virginia Tech. That is not likely to happen unless he spends next year at a prep school.

"He really wants to go Tech," Battle said. "As much as that breaks my heart, he wants to go to Tech.

Boo Battle--former UVA kid..hehe

"He reminds me a lot of Chris Canty who plays for the Giants. He was a lot like Paul. He was huge, but his body hadn't filled out."

North Cross linebacker proves he can turn heads

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Any buzz on this kid (insider guys)? I know I have been bashing on indy school kids but at 6'4" 267lbs. I think this Paul Smith kid from North Cross would be worth a look for a greyshirt or at least a walk-on offer. Article says he has held up (if not dominated/got the best of) to Courtney Wynn/NC and Augie Conty BS-H this year in action..an excerpt:

Battle said Smith wants to play at Virginia Tech. That is not likely to happen unless he spends next year at a prep school.

"He really wants to go Tech," Battle said. "As much as that breaks my heart, he wants to go to Tech.

Boo Battle--former UVA kid..hehe

"He reminds me a lot of Chris Canty who plays for the Giants. He was a lot like Paul. He was huge, but his body hadn't filled out."

North Cross linebacker proves he can turn heads
Best I see is a preferred walk on, if other big schools come calling Frank will offer some type of deal because he likes to keep local kids.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any buzz on this kid (insider guys)? I know I have been bashing on indy school kids but at 6'4" 267lbs. I think this Paul Smith kid from North Cross would be worth a look for a greyshirt or at least a walk-on offer. Article says he has held up (if not dominated/got the best of) to Courtney Wynn/NC and Augie Conty BS-H this year in action..

So Norfolk Christians team full of 4 star hoo recruits lost to North Cross yesterday in the state title game. Looks like these guys will fit in well at UVa.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trey Edmunds can BALL --- that is all

222 carries
2120yards rushing

9.55 average per carry

192.7 yds per game

25 rushing TD's

86 tackles 2 sack

2 interceptions

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is about to reach another milestone: 3000 posts

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Edmunds was a big big get. Really pleased with this class coming in. One of our best even without the big names we're after at the end of the list. I was looking at Barry Sanders Jr.'s r***** page and under the "RB's like this dude" little piece on the side Drew Harris was listed.

I got a :D out of that.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per twitter:

rivalsmike Mike Farrell
Ok, Stefon Diggs update, he will be at #Virginia - #VirginiaTech game this weekend instead of #Florida.