• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Souvlaki is effin terrible. As a Greek, I hate that place, and I know the owners personally. They were supposed to have sold it to that kid that worked there all the time. If they did, i would bet it was much better.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well this is probably the first time I've disagreed with you 46 cause I think Souvlaki's is great. Now I'm thinking I have to go to the spring game and hit up all of these places, not to mention Boudreauxs, Sycamore, and Joe's Diner.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit, souvlaki is delicious! and good call bigesse on the other three....sycamore deli would be bomb right now.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You uncultured ferns!!!!!!

;)

It may be better now seriously, if the family sold it to the kid. I do love sycamore, boudreauxs and joes. Also, it may be cookie cutter but get me some Macadoos!!! Cellar is still my favorite though'

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Carter just committed to Stanford over Notre Dame. I really do not think either Virginia school had a shot. That is too bad as he is a great player and even better kid. Hey, if not the Hokies, at least he didn't go somewhere else in the ACC. Also, I think most Hokie fans have a ton of respect for Stanford and prefer he go there over Notre Shame. Best of luck Alex! It is just too bad you couldn't be part of our first national championship team ;)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was out of pocket this weekend and heard we had a few visitors over the weekend, anyone have any information on that?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so here goes:

The Stadnik boys loved it. They still want to play together but are a little ways from the decision. Brock was shocked at how good our facilities were. he mentioned they were at an SEC level for sure. He also is close with Michal Via and loves what the coaches here have turned him into.

Donovan Riley LOVED us and may well become our next commit, though he claims he is taking his time ;). He glowed about everything from the coaches to the players to the reputation of the school and football program. He also mentioned he may be a safety or corner at the school and likes that as he sees himself as versatile. I really want this kid now, especially with the Carter commitment to Stanford.

Andre Miles-Redmond came to practice and also had a visit to Hooville this weekend. he liked it and liked meeting the coaches and seeing them coached. He also liked his visit to that other school though, it seems.

J.C. Coleman also came up and seemed to have a good time as well.

Three new offers went out, as listed above. Two of them were to 5* defensive end Darius Hamilton (about time) and his teammate Yuri Wright, a likely 4* corenr from the same school. I have heard mixed answers about whether or not we have actually offered their other teammate, Shumate, but even if we have, he never mentions us. Hamilton is in love with the Hokies and Cornell Brown, supposedly. let's wait and see how in love he is.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OK, so here goes:

The Stadnik boys loved it. They still want to play together but are a little ways from the decision. Brock was shocked at how good our facilities were. he mentioned they were at an SEC level for sure. He also is close with Michal Via and loves what the coaches here have turned him into.

Donovan Riley LOVED us and may well become our next commit, though he claims he is taking his time ;). He glowed about everything from the coaches to the players to the reputation of the school and football program. He also mentioned he may be a safety or corner at the school and likes that as he sees himself as versatile. I really want this kid now, especially with the Carter commitment to Stanford.

Andre Miles-Redmond came to practice and also had a visit to Hooville this weekend. he liked it and liked meeting the coaches and seeing them coached. He also liked his visit to that other school though, it seems.

J.C. Coleman also came up and seemed to have a good time as well.

Three new offers went out, as listed above. Two of them were to 5* defensive end Darius Hamilton (about time) and his teammate Yuri Wright, a likely 4* corenr from the same school. I have heard mixed answers about whether or not we have actually offered their other teammate, Shumate, but even if we have, he never mentions us. Hamilton is in love with the Hokies and Cornell Brown, supposedly. let's wait and see how in love he is.
About time we offered Hamilton!

I am glad everyone had a good time. I would really like to land the Standnik brothers and Riley. I still think that Coleman will go look elsewhere but I hope that is not the case. I have not heard anything about Miles-Redmond but if he liked us over WHO-VA then its a win in my book!

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Has Wes Brown visited VT yet? I would love to get him added to the stable of RB's at VT!

I wouldn't hold our breathe with Brown or Diggs. They have not mentioned VT in a while, so unless they all of a sudden decide to visit, we have very little chance with either.

Our best bets at RB are with Coleman and Drew Harris out of PA. Harris is visiting very shortly and Coleman had a great visit that has many Hoos very upset right now. Landing one would be fantastic, getting both is TOTS on a hot day fantastic.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hold our breathe with Brown or Diggs. They have not mentioned VT in a while, so unless they all of a sudden decide to visit, we have very little chance with either.

Our best bets at RB are with Coleman and Drew Harris out of PA. Harris is visiting very shortly and Coleman had a great visit that has many Hoos very upset right now. Landing one would be fantastic, getting both is TOTS on a hot day fantastic.

I would love to see us offer the kid Cogdell. He is big and ripped and looks a lot like DE and Humes did. Flash and speed is nice but I think that all good running offenses need a skull crusher in case speed doesn't work. JO this year.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How are we looking for Spence? I know it is way too early to truly tell, but scout is reporting he may be the #1 DE this year, are we in the running for him?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard nothing on Kwinton Smith yet. Where did you see that we had offered him?

As for Spence, well he is going to be a HUGE prospect this year. Scout's rankings are usually garbage (see Manning and Caleb as 3 star guys) but Spence is the real deal. His offer sheet is pretty much everyone and Rivals has already labelled him a 5* guy. Brown is his recruiter, and he seems to like him, but the kid is going to have every coach, recruiter and runner all over the country on his ass as well.

Larry Johnson is his recruiter at Penn State and Ed Orgeron is his recruiter at USC. Cornell will get into the ring with some heavyweights early.

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have heard nothing on Kwinton Smith yet. Where did you see that we had offered him?

As for Spence, well he is going to be a HUGE prospect this year. Scout's rankings are usually garbage (see Manning and Caleb as 3 star guys) but Spence is the real deal. His offer sheet is pretty much everyone and Rivals has already labelled him a 5* guy. Brown is his recruiter, and he seems to like him, but the kid is going to have every coach, recruiter and runner all over the country on his ass as well.

Larry Johnson is his recruiter at Penn State and Ed Orgeron is his recruiter at USC. Cornell will get into the ring with some heavyweights early.
Twitter -
JoshLow_247 Josh Low
#VirginiaTech is the latest offer for SC WR Kwinton Smith (Dillon HS).