• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am interested to see if the following are coming:
Joel Caleb
Sheldon Day
Kenneth Crawley
Chris Moody
Drew Harris
Josh Holsey
Keith Marshal
Staffon Diggs
Win Homer
Noah Spence
JC Coleman
Jordan Watkins
Eli Harold
Trey Edmonds
Wes Brown
CJ Prosie
Korren Kirven
The Stadnik Brothers
D.J. Humphries
Ken Ekanem
Woody Baron
Germone Hopper

I know this is a lot of name but these are all guys that are on my "Wishful" list :)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested to see if the following are coming:
Joel Caleb
Sheldon Day
Kenneth Crawley
Chris Moody
Drew Harris
Josh Holsey
Keith Marshal
Staffon Diggs
Win Homer
Noah Spence
JC Coleman
Jordan Watkins
Eli Harold
Trey Edmonds
Wes Brown
CJ Prosie
Korren Kirven
The Stadnik Brothers
D.J. Humphries
Ken Ekanem
Woody Baron
Germone Hopper

I know this is a lot of name but these are all guys that are on my "Wishful" list :)

Ha ha. I will look into it a little bit later as I am trying to finish up a project for that little job that I have that pays me, ha ha. I know Caleb and Kirven are coming. That is a start. Also, my be is that Alston Smith announces there.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs, Coleman are supposed to be there

Holsey and Spence are maybes.

That is all I know for the guys on your list, but give it time. A few others are coming sometime in the Spring, I am sure, just not sure if it will be the SG.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we picked up Dakota Jackson. Don't know why, but I was afraid this was one we were going to lose to London.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have we not offered Devin VanDyke? Isn't that Ronny's brother? He is getting some offers from some decent schools. Any reason why we haven't offered him?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we not offered Devin VanDyke? Isn't that Ronny's brother? He is getting some offers from some decent schools. Any reason why we haven't offered him?

They want to see him in person at another camp. I think that he will get an offer but with us moving away from the Whip position down the line, he is a bit of a tweener for us.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They want to see him in person at another camp. I think that he will get an offer but with us moving away from the Whip position down the line, he is a bit of a tweener for us.
That makes sense I guess, it seems that he has all of the right things and he plays well (on film) and his brother is going to VT so we should have a good shot at him, just surprised we haven't offered anything yet..

Where did you see VT moving away from the whip position?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense I guess, it seems that he has all of the right things and he plays well (on film) and his brother is going to VT so we should have a good shot at him, just surprised we haven't offered anything yet..

Where did you see VT moving away from the whip position?

He certainly has the skill set and mentality to be a Hokie and I really think that he will get an offer. If he does, I think he will be a Hokie lock as well, as Ronnie is loving life as a Hokie and will be all in his ear. So in summary, he will likely get an offer and likely end up a Hokie.

Boy can he hit, BTW.

As for the positional change, I heard Foster and Brown talk about it a bit. Right now, they have the athletes to play with a Whip and Rover but don't be surprised if you see them recruit more traditional linebackers in the future. It seems that they really want to go that route, with a traditional 4-3, and use the 30 package (extra DB, three down linemen) and nickel package (extra DB, 2 linebackers) as major parts of their scheme now. You will still see a "rover/whip" type guy on the field about 30-35% of the time,b ut the base will be a traditional 4-3 with a big Mike, a stockier Sam and a rangier Will out there, from what I understand.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be close to offering Jordan Wallace out of WC. He is a linebacker and I would love us to offer him. In fact there are a bunch of guys from WC that I wish we would offer, this year and next, but I know the coaches are evaluating and know what they are doing.

I love their running back, and defensive ends (Josh Posley and Jesse Thompson)

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We may be close to offering Jordan Wallace out of WC. He is a linebacker and I would love us to offer him. In fact there are a bunch of guys from WC that I wish we would offer, this year and next, but I know the coaches are evaluating and know what they are doing.

I love their running back, and defensive ends (Josh Posley and Jesse Thompson)
I have seen that we are close to offering him. I really like a few of the guys at WC as well and think we could get a few of them this year. That is a really nice pipeline I would love to keep open

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen that we are close to offering him. I really like a few of the guys at WC as well and think we could get a few of them this year. That is a really nice pipeline I would love to keep open

Especially since the Tarholes seem to want to do the same thing...:boxing:

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we can get at least half of these guys I will be ecstatic!
Joel Caleb
Sheldon Day
Kenneth Crawley
Josh Holsey
Keith Marshal
Staffon Diggs
Win Homer
Noah Spence
JC Coleman
Korren Kirven

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we will get Caleb, Crawley, Kirven and Harrison (how is he not on your wish list ;))

We also have a decent shot at Spence with Pitt being in transition, Ohio State being in trouble and Penn State being....well Penn State.

Homer would be a great get as he would be a win over UVA.

Day is going to be real tough. He loves Michigan.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think that we will get Caleb, Crawley, Kirven and Harrison (how is he not on your wish list ;))

We also have a decent shot at Spence with Pitt being in transition, Ohio State being in trouble and Penn State being....well Penn State.

Homer would be a great get as he would be a win over UVA.

Day is going to be real tough. He loves Michigan.
Who is this Harrison you speak of?