• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He has three former teammates at VT and he will be visiting for the spring game. We're in pretty good shape.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want guesses, though....

Alston Smith maybe, but I think he wants to do it at th e Spring game in front of the Hokie crowd with his Dad.

Maybe Greene, Frye, Crawley, Clarke

Out opf the box pick.....I am going with Woody Baron.

Why the hell not!!!

These are all total guesses though based on guys that like us.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If you want guesses, though....

Alston Smith maybe, but I think he wants to do it at th e Spring game in front of the Hokie crowd with his Dad.

Maybe Greene, Frye, Crawley, Clarke

Out opf the box pick.....I am going with Woody Baron.

Why the hell not!!!

These are all total guesses though based on guys that like us.
I was thinking Baron or Crawley, are you sure someone is committing today?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd guess crawley, jackson, or smith, but honestly i hope its a "higher profile" type of guy.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd guess crawley, jackson, or smith, but honestly i hope its a "higher profile" type of guy.

Crawley is actually pretty high profile. I was shocked when i saw his offer sheet. I would not be surprised in the least if we land him and then essentially shut down a bit of our DB recruiting. It may pressure another guy into committing as well. Remember when Roth committed the day after Marshall (or the day of, don't remember) last season. He knew that we were not going to be taking much more at that position (although we ended up filling a couple spots late in the process.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Crawley is actually pretty high profile. I was shocked when i saw his offer sheet. I would not be surprised in the least if we land him and then essentially shut down a bit of our DB recruiting. It may pressure another guy into committing as well. Remember when Roth committed the day after Marshall (or the day of, don't remember) last season. He knew that we were not going to be taking much more at that position (although we ended up filling a couple spots late in the process.

Yeah i guess "high profile" wasnt the phrase i should have used i guess what i was trying to say was that those are three guys i expected us to land eventually and was hoping for a (for lack of a better term) surprise commit today but yeah like you guys have already said it looks like its jackson.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as expected...Dakota Jackson to the Hokies!

Jackson is a local kid who was all Group AA this year, a two way starter for the state champs since his sophomore year. He will be a good one. Best prospect IMO in this part of the state.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a general list as to who has said that they may come and I was going to add it to the thread a little bit closer to the date, as right now everyone, their parents, all of their teammates and their 7th grade shop teachers are "apparently" coming. If you give me some names of interest, i can tell you if they are a possibility or a definite no, at least.