• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore that! He is talking about Carl Jackson a walk on corner for us. I had not heard of him. Also, my info says that was may be getting a committ today, a bit under the radar instate guy. He is on campus for the second time and the boys are pushing to get him to verbal before he heads to c-ville next year. No guarantee. Just a hunch.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any chance we will offer Darius Hamilton from NJ? Rivals just labeled him a 5*, and he grew up a fan of VT (not that it says much, i.e. Curtis Grant and Demetrious Nicholson)

He is being evaluated and will likely get an offer on time. No idea who will recruit him since Jersey was always Kevin Rogers area and we have not hit That state hard since he left. Put lil Beams on him!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is being evaluated and will likely get an offer on time. No idea who will recruit him since Jersey was always Kevin Rogers area and we have not hit That state hard since he left. Put lil Beams on him!

New Jersey, huh? A possible link to Jason Worilds?

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT, but BTW 46. I watched Bizarre Foods last night and it was about Greece. Now I REALLY want to go there

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT, but BTW 46. I watched Bizarre Foods last night and it was about Greece. Now I REALLY want to go there

DAMN!!!

I have not seen that one. I need to catch a replay or on demand. I have eaten some crazy shit there on my trips, especially up north along the Albanian border. I love the Tony Bourdain episode in the Greek Isles.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN!!!

I have not seen that one. I need to catch a replay or on demand. I have eaten some crazy shit there on my trips, especially up north along the Albanian border. I love the Tony Bourdain episode in the Greek Isles.

Most of it looked awesome...except for the dude that fried octupus ink sacs. YECK. And I had no idea how beautiful Greece was. The episode was actually aired a week or two ago, I believe. I DVR'd it and just watched it last night.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN!!!

Just checked DirectTV. It comes on again Tuesday night (March 22) at 10 p.m. on Channel 277

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ignore that! He is talking about Carl Jackson a walk on corner for us. I had not heard of him. Also, my info says that was may be getting a committ today, a bit under the radar instate guy. He is on campus for the second time and the boys are pushing to get him to verbal before he heads to c-ville next year. No guarantee. Just a hunch.

Who was on campus this weekend?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got another 2011 Walk on over the weekend. Marcus Mapp out of Nandua HS in Olney, Va. He is smallish at 6'4" and 260 pounds but boasts a 4.75 40time, so he has speed and agility.

I have no pics or anything on the guy. Hell, I don't even know where Olney is.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got another 2011 Walk on over the weekend. Marcus Mapp out of Nandua HS in Olney, Va. He is smallish at 6'4" and 260 pounds but boasts a 4.75 40time, so he has speed and agility.

I have no pics or anything on the guy. Hell, I don't even know where Olney is.

actually that is about 5 minutes from where i currently live. lol

and its Onley, VA...on the eastern shore. Guy i share an office with coaches JV football at Nandua and has been telling about this kid for a while...says he's got a ton of potential to be something

played a lot of DE too from what he's told me, said he's actually better on D than OL

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually that is about 5 minutes from where i currently live. lol

and its Onley, VA...on the eastern shore. Guy i share an office with coaches JV football at Nandua and has been telling about this kid for a while...says he's got a ton of potential to be something

played a lot of DE too from what he's told me, said he's actually better on D than OL

Can you ask him if that size and 40 time is legit? If it is, this guy is freaky!

Rivals has nothing on him. No offer list, no film, no pictures. Scout and Disney do not even have a page for the kid.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can you ask him if that size and 40 time is legit? If it is, this guy is freaky!

Rivals has nothing on him. No offer list, no film, no pictures. Scout and Disney do not even have a page for the kid.

l.jpg

Is this him?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l.jpg

Is this him?

If so, he has a big frame and room to grow bigger and not lose too much flexibility. If I was Mike gentry, I would like to see a kid with that wingspan and little arms walk into my weight room with for a little "Gentrification"!

As a walk on, with the potential to earn and offer, we know he will bust his ass too!!

Thanks for the pic!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He does look like he could pack on a lot of weight and become an asset, if he can get a lot of weight on and still be athletic he could be very good. Time will tell

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he said he thinks the size sounds about right..40 time he's not sure of, but said the guy is pretty quick for his size

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great...It will be interesting to see how this recruiting year works out with all of these offers. Hopefully we can finally land a top 10 class!