• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirven is a heavy Hokie lean and a likey 4 star with some serious offers (Bama, PSU, UNC, Tennessee, Stanford)

Caleb is a Hokie lean but will be a battle until the end. He is the consensus #1 player in the state and has a ton of offers (Bama, Florida, FSU, Maryland, UNC, Ohio State, West Virginia)

Ekanem is a decent lean and a good player

Smith is an obvious lean

Other than that, it is a bit too early to tell. If you ask me about certain guys, I can tell you where I think we stand and who the players are but it is early.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokies offer 2014 WR from 757..

Hey looks like we have offered a kid from 757, Jamil Kamara Class of '14. Any of you 757 hokies know much about him. He must be pretty special to be offered this early. His film looks good, plus he will probably get bigger and faster..

YouTube - Jamil Kamara Freshmen Highlights

I like that VT is getting on these gems WAY EARLY..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does anyone have any information on the QB from Texas that is committed to VT? I think it would be interesting to see why someone from Texas was so interested in VT and wanted to go to school there, especially a "Pro Style" QB at that.

Anyone have any information to share?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Does anyone have any information on the QB from Texas that is committed to VT? I think it would be interesting to see why someone from Texas was so interested in VT and wanted to go to school there, especially a "Pro Style" QB at that.

Anyone have any information to share?

he sent his tape out and VT was among the first if not the first to offer. He is a pro-style but looks like he has enough speed to bail himself outa trouble when needed. IMO that is where our QB position is headed, i think we are looking for guys with more size than tyrod but more speed than glennon.

BTW:Millweard is a top 5 Qb is the state of TX.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FWIW, Millweard played out of a spread offense this past year after transferring to his current school.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated....with a Rivals 100, likely 5* defensive linemen with an offer sheet that impresses. Do we have a shot....I guess so. Apparently he cold mentioned us in an interview before we even contacted him and Shane is his recruiter....so....why not???

If he could get Clowney to go to garbage South Carolina, why not get this kid to come to Virginia Tech

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated....with a Rivals 100, likely 5* defensive linemen with an offer sheet that impresses. Do we have a shot....I guess so. Apparently he cold mentioned us in an interview before we even contacted him and Shane is his recruiter....so....why not???

If he could get Clowney to go to garbage South Carolina, why not get this kid to come to Virginia Tech

Me likey:rockon:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Which recruit are you referring to? I'm confused...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

In that interview he was all but begging for a VT offer. If i remember correctly he basically said " i have offers from everyone im interested in except VT, they'd be a school i'd like to hear from" he also went on to say that he had a friend up here (cant remember the guys name) and that could play a roll in things.

BTW: Cant remember who said it but i totally agree about Noah Spence, he seemed to really develop a bond with Cornell so right now i'd say we have as good a shot as anyone with him.

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
any chance we will offer Darius Hamilton from NJ? Rivals just labeled him a 5*, and he grew up a fan of VT (not that it says much, i.e. Curtis Grant and Demetrious Nicholson)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that interview he was all but begging for a VT offer. If i remember correctly he basically said " i have offers from everyone im interested in except VT, they'd be a school i'd like to hear from" he also went on to say that he had a friend up here (cant remember the guys name) and that could play a roll in things.

BTW: Cant remember who said it but i totally agree about Noah Spence, he seemed to really develop a bond with Cornell so right now i'd say we have as good a shot as anyone with him.

I remember that article and I think that it was a misprint by Rivals. He mentioned a kid as his friend that is not nor has been a Hokie in recent years. I have never heard of the kid. I had a hunch that he said Tech and was actually referring to GT but never got around to checking their roster. I will look into it if I can find the article again.