• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ran into Devin VanDyke outside a grocery store near my house (not too surprising, I live in Lorton, a stones throw away from South County). He and a teammate were selling coupon books/football schedules to raise money for the team. I had a VT hat on and he asked if I was a Hokie.

What a question.

We chatted for a little while, he said Ronnie likes Tech and he's fighting to play this season. Seemed like a nice kid. I bought a schedule/coupon book from his teammate just so I didn't threaten any NCAA rules.

I was about to walk away when I saw he was in a walking boot. I asked him what happened and he said he broke some toes. I imagine it's not serious... when I broke my big toe I think the doc set it and then sent me on my way. Of course I wasn't about to play a full season of football, so maybe they're being uber careful.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ran into Devin VanDyke outside a grocery store near my house (not too surprising, I live in Lorton, a stones throw away from South County). He and a teammate were selling coupon books/football schedules to raise money for the team. I had a VT hat on and he asked if I was a Hokie.

What a question.

We chatted for a little while, he said Ronnie likes Tech and he's fighting to play this season. Seemed like a nice kid. I bought a schedule/coupon book from his teammate just so I didn't threaten any NCAA rules.

I was about to walk away when I saw he was in a walking boot. I asked him what happened and he said he broke some toes. I imagine it's not serious... when I broke my big toe I think the doc set it and then sent me on my way.
Of course I wasn't about to play a full season of football, so maybe they're being uber careful.

How big he be ?

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA!!!

I just know Hokie200Proof and he is tall and big so would make a good judge. This is in strict contradiction to me. I would likely call anyone "TALL!!"

Is put him an inch or two taller than me. Lean but solid looking frame. Gentry will do a number on him I bet. Probably plays close to 200 now, but lots of room to develop. I'll be going to a South County game or two now that I have the schedule.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty good article on 2012s Dooley, Jackson, and Motley....

High school football preview 2011: On the road that leads to Lane Stadium

QUOTES:

Motley:

"He has a long stride," Cromer said. "I think sometimes it doesn't look like he's running as fast as he's running. It's effortless. At times, we get on him about going a little harder, but I think that's what athletes do: They make it look easy."

Since taking over as the starting quarterback midway through his sophomore season in 2009, the 6-foot-4 Motley has led Christiansburg to back-to-back Region IV Division 4 championships.

Motley also starred on the Blue Demons' basketball team that rolled through an unbeaten regular season and reached the Group AA Division 4 semifinals in March.

In the spring, he played No. 4 singles on Christiansburg's tennis team.

Jackson:

Jackson is one of many Northside football players on head coach Jamie Price's track and field team.

"Dakota was running the second leg on our 4-by-100 relay team, at 250 pounds," Torrence said. "That shows you. One of the other competitors said, "What are you doing over here?' He said, "You're about to find out."

Jackson's combination of size and speed earned him a scholarship offer from Tech in January. He committed before any other school made a bid.

Dooley:

The 6-foot-6, 221-pound senior defensive end had just one season of football under his belt when Virginia Tech offered him a scholarship in July.

How long did Dooley wait to make a decision?

"About two hours," he said. "I always dreamed I would play at Tech, but I didn't really think I'd make it."

Glenvar coach Kevin Clifford had a few hints.

Dooley hoisted 365 pounds in the power clean lift. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.59 seconds at a University of Virginia combine. He turned in a 35-inch vertical jump at a Tech camp, then ran the "pro shuttle" in 4.22 seconds.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Gurley's Top 6 in order- UNC, Georgia, Virginia Tech, N.C State, Auburn and Clemson.

Has this gem of a quote about UNC- "UNC is still my top school, even with all that's going on there. I feel like I can't take them out of the running just because they get in trouble for something in the past."

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would want someone that stupid on our team after all...

Also the comment about the past. Technically last year is the past but that is still recent.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing, and not be contrarian or anything but if the kid grew up a huge UNC fan (not sure that he did), he may be biased in his feelings. If I was a 17 year old kid and VT had just gotten into a lot of trouble and lost their coach, I would still consider them, because I grew up a die-hard fan. In the long run, I may not choose them because it may not be the best place for me to start my future, but I would have a hard time just tossing a childhood dream away.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But I must admit, if the stuff that happened at UNC happened at VT, I would go elsewhere. I know homers (and I am damn near as big as they'll get) will argue you still get the great education and exposure yada yada ya, but that kind of activity is not something I would want to be associated regardless. It would be difficult to turn down VT but alas I think I would.

Now if said case happened and my only options were VT and UVA.... TO HELL WITH FRANCE I'd take the sanctions 100 times out of 100!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But I must admit, if the stuff that happened at UNC happened at VT, I would go elsewhere. I know homers (and I am damn near as big as they'll get) will argue you still get the great education and exposure yada yada ya, but that kind of activity is not something I would want to be associated regardless. It would be difficult to turn down VT but alas I think I would.

Now if said case happened and my only options were VT and UVA.... TO HELL WITH FRANCE I'd take the sanctions 100 times out of 100!!!

I would probably go elsewhere as well, because my future career (if I wanted it to be football) would be based heavily on that decision. I just would have a tough time not keeping them very high in it until the very end, if that makes sense.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Gurley's Top 6 in order- UNC, Georgia, Virginia Tech, N.C State, Auburn and Clemson.

Has this gem of a quote about UNC- "UNC is still my top school, even with all that's going on there. I feel like I can't take them out of the running just because they get in trouble for something in the past."

Gurley with WRAL's (Raleigh) "Extra Effort Award" this week....given weekly to the areas best athletes.