• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his grades, I doubt he would make the cut for even UVA engineering ;)

The previous poster was correct. Alot of these guys really underestimate what it takes. And a kid with a 2.0 in HS 999 out of 1000 times just doesn't have "it".

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like we have a shot for justin meredith (4 star tight end) who has committed to unc but may be opening back up again...

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think we have a better chance than some believe with our remaining prospects. I'm not connected or anything, but based on what I've read and heard, Kirven and Caleb are near locks. They're pretty quiet with their recruiting which has people nervous since they're enjoying the recruiting. They like their visits and after the Curtis Grant fiasco last year, I can see why people are nervous. I like our chances, especially since Shane and Stiney are both on them.

Jarron Jones is basically done to us and ND, with ND in the lead. If we get another visit, it will help alot.

Harris hasn't cooled on us. He has cooled on recruiting. He didn't do alot in terms of recruiting this summer, except his Miami visit. The Miami visit didn't come off as that great to me, and this was before the sanctions. PSU has made a move, but I still think we're in the drivers seat.

Diggs is tricky because he likes Miami, but I think Florida may be a bigger threat. However, his mom is a big influence and would prefer to have him closer obviously. We also have a lot of ties that he likes and early playing time for him. I don't think we're a long shot at all, but it will be a battle to get him.

Shell is down to four schools: Pitt, VT, Bama and Florida. Pitt is the leader and we thought we had no chance, but obviously we're in better shape than originally believe.

Brown and Tyson are too late unless we miss on bigger targets. Losing Nixon opened up a spot though so we could get either of them. Probably a coin flip with either of them at this point. Almost no chance with Cyrus Jones, he's all Bama/Auburn, most likely Bama.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I'd like to add that having JC Coleman on board is huge with the VA recruits. He's going to be a guy that kids for this class and the next two will want to play with.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
im pretty sure jarron jones is gonna take a visit to a game...hopefully miami or clemson!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Jerome Lewis did not help our chances. He was Jarron's host.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Losing Jerome Lewis did not help our chances. He was Jarron's host.

They're both from Rochester, NY, but how well did they actually know each other? I know they played in different districts and at different levels, so they wouldn't have played against each other.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're both from Rochester, NY, but how well did they actually know each other? I know they played in different districts and at different levels, so they wouldn't have played against each other.

But when your host transfers...doesn't that kinda make you question...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton....

I still think that it is just lip service with him though. I would love to get him, and he is a special player regardless of how solid we are at DE. I just think he is Rutgers-bound.

Yes, and I agree.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit,

Didn't Young host a couple of guys. He was actually one of our most vocal recruiters on trips, from what I have heard. I am still pretty shocked that he transferred. I don't think he had any problem with the program, and just wanted to play, but he always seemed so happy there. Lewis did not shock me, however.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame Young for transferring really. If I knew I was good enough to play somewhere that also had my major I would move too instead of sitting on the pine for 5 years

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there was that big a disparity between Leal and Young, until Young got hurt.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is just me, but it would tell me that the Tech program is very competitive and only the very best are willing to stick around and earn their playing time.

As far as relationships go, I would wager a guess that Jarron has a better relationship with Shane Beamer than he did with Lewis.

This all may be a moot point since he seems to be strongly favoring Syracuse.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think Jones and Lewis were that close. I'm not sure that your host transferring reflects anything negatively towards the school either. Both Young and Lewis left on good terms with the coaches.

And I have not heard Syracuse being in the mix for Jones. Still believe its ND, VT, and PSU in that order.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Jones and Lewis were that close. I'm not sure that your host transferring reflects anything negatively towards the school either. Both Young and Lewis left on good terms with the coaches.

And I have not heard Syracuse being in the mix for Jones. Still believe its ND, VT, and PSU in that order.

As your statement on Jones and Lewis not being close, we will agree to disagree.

As for Syracuse, it looks like even R___ just updated their list to show Syracuse leading for Jones. Jarron Jones - Yahoo! Sports

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Jones and Lewis were pretty close from what I have heard...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument on how close they were/are is dumb and all relative. Fact is, out of all the players on our current squad, Jerome was the one Jones was closest to (thats why he was the host...). If the person you are closest to on a team leaves (whether you are "BFFs" or just casual friends) its just natural your taste for a team will change. Anybody remember the number of days between Cardo's transfer and Crawleys commitment... It can swing a player in one direction or another. Thats why Mike London is recruiting relatively no names (Wahee) in hopes to catch their bigger fish friends (Moore).

Bottom line, losing Jerome Lewis did nothing but ding our odds of getting Jones. /endrant