• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are conflicting reports about whether or not he actually has an offer, and what type it is, FWIW. :noidea:

I could be wrong, and my wife tells me that happens quite a bit, but I'm thinking if Cogdell has an offer it's probably contingent on successfully completing one or more semesters at a prep school.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Prob contingent on either grades (Prep school) or if they whiff on a few other RBs on the board...

I could be wrong, and my wife tells me that happens quite a bit, but I'm thinking if Cogdell has an offer it's probably contingent on successfully completing one or more semesters at a prep school.

Not sure how accurate the source is but im hearing that his position would be FB and that he will require a full year of prep.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but don't worry he won't go to either. OSU was actually perceived to be one of the bigger threats early on, so this is actually good news.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's the consensus about our remaining targets?

We we gonna get?

Kirven (sounds like we're in 2nd place... unless the Bama stuff finally blows up?)
Caleb (leading? WTF is UNC doing in there?)
Harris (?)

who else? and how many are we going to take? We lost a few folks over this off-season (Young, Boyce... others I can't think of right now?). Are there confirmed grey shirts in the commits that we have?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We we gonna get?

Kirven (sounds like we're in 2nd place... unless the Bama stuff finally blows up?)
Harris (?)

who else? and how many are we going to take? We lost a few folks over this off-season (Young, Boyce... others I can't think of right now?). Are there confirmed grey shirts in the commits that we have?
We are in the mix for: Kirven is going to play the game and it will be between us and Bama, Caleb we are leading for IF HE STAYS INSTATE, and Harris we have a good shot at.

Smith is set to Grey Shirt, I am not sure of others that are set in stone to prep other than him right now. There is speculation that Dooley, and either Conte or Taraschke will prep as well

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H200:

We lost Boyce, Young, and two others to transfers during the offseason.

JC, Manning, Irick and Tookes are all possible early enrrollees and will count toward the 2011 class since we took a smaller class. In addition, Hall and Lockhart will be coming in the winter.

There is one known greyshirt in Thomas Smith and three possible greyshirts in Taraschke, Conte and maybe Dooley.

We look good for Caleb and are in the hunt for Kirven and Harris for sure. In addition, Chris Brown, Mike Tyson and Caleb Jones are possible. We have a very outside shot with a couple of other prospects (Diggs, Shell, Jones)

The numbers are fine and none of the above would be turned away.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We we gonna get?

Harris (?)

I'll try to answer all your questions lol

Kirven is about 50%. Not nearly as high as HH will have him. You are right, Bama leads for him, but mom and dad like VT. It's still early and he probably won't decide until December or January, but our chances are not as sure as others believe.

Caleb is a small lead. He will take visits and such but I expect him to be a Hokie. Again he wont decide until December or January.

Harris, things seem to have cooled on him. He was really high on Miami for awhile and he recently took a visit there (right before the Shapiro bomb dropped). It wasn't anything spectacular and with the recent news, you have to wonder how high is he on Miami.

Grey shirt offers are: Dooley, Thomas Smith, Taraschke and possibly Irick (we will see on that...)

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, Chris Brown, Mike Tyson and Caleb Jones are possible. We have a very outside shot with a couple of other prospects (Diggs, Shell, Jones)

I assume you mean Cyrus Jones. Look for us to go 0 for 6.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Brown-SC
Mike Tyson-UVA
Cyrus Jones- Not here
Diggs- See Cyrus Jones
Shell- Penn State
Jones- I would have said ND but with all there recent DT commits looking like Syracuse

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that Jones is pretty much down to ND, PSU and us. In addition, I have heard that Shell is almost a Pitt lock but we have a fighting chance.

If I had my say, I would like to see us finish with Caleb, Kirven, Harris and Jones. Add in a late bloomer or two from Atlantic HS in Florida and call it a year.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll try to answer all your questions lol

Kirven is about 50%. Not nearly as high as HH will have him. You are right, Bama leads for him, but mom and dad like VT. It's still early and he probably won't decide until December or January, but our chances are not as sure as others believe.

Caleb is a small lead. He will take visits and such but I expect him to be a Hokie. Again he wont decide until December or January.

Harris, things seem to have cooled on him. He was really high on Miami for awhile and he recently took a visit there (right before the Shapiro bomb dropped). It wasn't anything spectacular and with the recent news, you have to wonder how high is he on Miami.

Grey shirt offers are: Dooley, Thomas Smith, Taraschke and possibly Irick (we will see on that...)
I thought Irick was trying to enroll early, he might GS?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His grades are damn near borderline. We will see how he finishes up.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His grades are damn near borderline. We will see how he finishes up.

Irick's grades are borderline? I thought he chose Tech because wanted to get into engineering. In fact, I think all of his finalists are engineering schools.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irick's grades are borderline? I thought he chose Tech because wanted to get into engineering. In fact, I think all of his finalists are engineering schools.

Even with a 3.5 out of high school, with nothing else going on in your life... Engineering at ANY school is tough. Let alone playing 40+ hours of football a week (film, team meetings, lifting included).

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even with a 3.5 out of high school, with nothing else going on in your life... Engineering at ANY school is tough. Let alone playing 40+ hours of football a week (film, team meetings, lifting included).

Oh, I certainly understand all of that. But the question was whether or not Irick was going to greyshirt, as opposed to arriving early.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I certainly understand all of that. But the question was whether or not Irick was going to greyshirt, as opposed to arriving early.

Right, and I don't know the answer of course... I was just saying, it amazes me whenever one of these kids say they want to go to a school because of their 1) Engineering 2) Architecture 3) Anything even remotely tough.

It just screams to me that they are really underestimating the commitment needed to play big-time college football. I've had friends who have played Olympic sports who said they had to steal away minutes from the coaches to be able to study, let alone have a life, try to tag someone, eat and sleep.