• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That is pretty cool, is that actually a proposed expansion or someone just fucking around. I've always figured if they do it the would just replicate the south endzone in the north. I don't see why we can't expand the practice field into the hillside.

It's my interpretation of the eventual North Endzone. It's based on an alternate preliminary layout of the South Endzone from circa 2000. Just me messing around after work one day. I have a few more with both the bowl and South=North scenarios, and a third that looks like a cross between new Lane and Indiana's new endzone structure, I'll share if I can find them.

Edit to clarify, there is no real proposed expansion

Last edited by a moderator:

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RB Chris Mangus down to 2....UVA and VT...if he commits to VT,i hope we still go after Harris/Gurley/Marshall/possibly davis..let the hoos have him, it could scare off the bigger names out there!

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that i hope we still pursue other running backs even if we do get magnus, but i dont want him to go to uva. we need running backs, and magnus has some decent offers (clemson, notre dame).

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB Chris Mangus down to 2....UVA and VT...if he commits to VT,i hope we still go after Harris/Gurley/Marshall/possibly davis..let the hoos have him, it could scare off the bigger names out there!

We would still take any othisegjys even if Mangus committs. We don't want to lose anyone to the Who?s. Ships are not as tight as some have thought and we can take 3 RBs

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's my interpretation of the eventual North Endzone. It's based on an alternate preliminary layout of the South Endzone from circa 2000. Just me messing around after work one day. I have a few more with both the bowl and South=North scenarios, and a third that looks like a cross between new Lane and Indiana's new endzone structure, I'll share if I can find them.

Edit to clarify, there is no real proposed expansion

You would need a scoreboard. It magically disappeared from the NEZ in both of your pictures.:D

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rushel Shell has us in his top four with Pitt leading. The other two are Florida and Bama I believe:

His free r... profile:

Rushel Shell - Yahoo! Sports

The Pitt folks up here are pretty confident in getting him though and with their NFL RB history, who knows. The new coaching staff is implementing a spread offense. We have q shot, I think.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rushel Shell has us in his top four with Pitt leading. The other two are Florida and Bama I believe:

His free r... profile:

Rushel Shell - Yahoo! Sports

The Pitt folks up here are pretty confident in getting him though and with their NFL RB history, who knows. The new coaching staff is implementing a spread offense. We have q shot, I think.
Long shot, but a shot none the less...

hokie43

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read somewhere that he's looking for "an average team that's on the rise". Looks like Pitt. If in his eyes we are "average", and somehow picks us, I wouldn't mind being "average" for a day :)

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly didn't see that coming RT @DaveJohnsonDP: Hampton
coach Mike Smith says RB/LB Dallas Cogdell has been offered by
Virginia Tech.

What's the story with him? Seems like there's been some interest, but no offers until now.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read somewhere that he's looking for "an average team that's on the rise". Looks like Pitt. If in his eyes we are "average", and somehow picks us, I wouldn't mind being "average" for a day :)
I would love to have him but I think he goes to Pitt.

*Disclaimer - I have been wrong before :0

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, I did not get to see the game (unfortunately) but Pheobus played Oscar Smith in a scrimmage and JC Coleman apparently had a HUGE 65 yard run. Both schools are usually in the hunt for state titles every year..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The more I see this Cogdell guy, the more I think he is a real good player. If we are his only offer, I wonder what is keeping others from offering? He has some good power and good speed, and uses his hands very well. I could see him as either a TB or Slot WR (or with his body size a LB)

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I see this Cogdell guy, the more I think he is a real good player. If we are his only offer, I wonder what is keeping others from offering?

Fullback might also be an option. He has some strong similarities to Jarrett Ferguson.

I might have thought the lack of offers was due to a character issue, but if we've offered, that's been resolved at least as far as the Tech staff is concerned. Now, if other schools don't follow our lead and offer him, too, then there must be something else prohibiting those schools from offering.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fullback might also be an option. He has some strong similarities to Jarrett Ferguson.

I was just thinking that... he was a big part of Suggs success. I remember a couple of games where he just lit up LB's while #22 slashed the hole right off his back hip. Very good and highly underrated player.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking that... he was a big part of Suggs success. I remember a couple of games where he just lit up LB's while #22 slashed the hole right off his back hip. Very good and highly underrated player.

Or who can forget the 76-yard run against Syracuse with one shoe?